Pixar doesn't like fight scenes?

Ah, okay.

Oh yeah that one counts too

Ya and the part were Carl hits the guy and theres blood that to me seemed like as bad as they’d ever get you know?
Id would love to see some fights casue i have no doubt that it would be good do to their creativitiy but i just dont think it would fit well with thier movies YD when i expect a fight i expect at least a little blood and some serious blows to the person YD i just don’t think they could do that. Idk maybe its cause the moveis they’ve made just dont seem to fit with fighting.
The Incredibles though ya that probably could have been a little more graphic to me and have better fight scenes YD the movie just seemed more comical than actiony to me (till the end of course) but it was a family movie so i don’t hold it down cause of it.

I remember how suprised I was to see that, and the blood on Kevin. It’s not a big deal to me to see that, but I was suprised because a lot of censors these days like things to be squeaky clean, especially in “children movies”

[quote="khstarYa and the part were Carl hits the guy and theres blood that to me seemed like as bad as they’d ever get you know?
Id would love to see some fights casue i have no doubt that it would be good do to their creativitiy but i just dont think it would fit well with thier movies YD when i expect a fight i expect at least a little blood and some serious blows to the person .[/quote]

I dont want anithing so intense in a Pixar movie, i mean something like the fights in kung fu panda or in Madagascar 2 when alex and the grandma star hitting eachother

I enjoyed the “blood” in Up. I thought it was a good way to say “cartoons are good for young adults, too.”

Because adults with kids watch plenty of cartoons. The rebels are teenagers and young adults. :unamused: Note: almost always the most immature, closed-minded people of all.

I think that there are really any pure “fight scenes” in Pixar, because the films are suited for children. Pixar make up for it with there adventure scenes, such as the many chases (Incredables with Dash) and Toy Story encounters (Buzz vs Zurg).

I agree entirely, Tallfish94.

I think the Dinosaur film will have fight scenes.

I’m really hoping Pixar pulls out all the stops with a massive fight (or war) scene in Brave! Studio Ghibli creates animated films, but they don’t shy away from depicting violence or its aftermath. Plus, you don’t have to show blood to imply pain or injury (example: Chihiro the dragon-kid in Spirited Away).

What I find funny about Pixar movies is a lot of the injuries happen, but instantly disappear in the next scene (or at least not emphasized enough). Like Woody getting his arm ripped by the Prospector in Toy Story 2. Next scene, he’s a-okay (although I can’t remember whether his arm was limp or anything). Dory’s jellyfish sting in Finding Nemo - emphasized in Crush’s scene, but instantly forgotten for the rest of the movie. The impermanence of Pixar character’s injuries feels like a Bruce Willis’ movie.

The only memorable Pixar injury I can recall is Wall-E being crushed in Wall-E. That was a pivotal moment. Also, being zapped by AUTO. He limps and drags himself for the last act of the movie.

For Brave, I hope they don’t hold back. The way Pixar is pushing it, they are going for something dark and mature. So I hope the stakes are literally life-and-death and not some Ash Face cop-out. Or in the case of Merida, a Double Standard. If Pixar was doing a movie about ponies and rainbows, then, yes, I wouldn’t be expecting a fight scene. But when you’ve got Highlanders with swords and bows and arrows, something’s gotta go down. :sunglasses:

Me. too. That’s why I think Brave will be PG.