Pixar Fan Commentaries

A113 - A few corrections: I think you meant Friday, September 12 and Saturday, September 13. Also South Australia would be 9:00 AM at that time. That time is fine for me.

During the commentary (and any other time, if you want) you all can call me by my real name: Peter. It’s a lot easier to pronounce than qxgnxamy.

A113: Sad to say from September to the end of October, Mondays through Fridays from 5:00 PM-10:00 PM aren’t good days, so this practice time probably won’t work for me.

Friday, September 12, 2008 (Saturday, September 13 in Europe and Australia)

California - 4:30 PM, Friday (Mitch, The Star Swordsman)
New Mexico - 5:30 PM, Friday (A113)
Illinois - 6:30 PM, Friday (M-O)
New York - 7:30 PM, Friday (qxgnxamy)
England - 12:30 AM, Saturday (lizardgirl)
France - 1:30 AM, Saturday (Archibald)
South Australia - 10:00 AM, Saturday (rachelcakes1985)

How’s this? :sunglasses:

YOu know, I actually like it. It might (look at the bolded word) work out for me. But still, my college class will start at 6:00, and due to the traffic, it will take me 45 minutes to get to the campus. In addition, I need time to eat so that takes half an hour off, so we’ll see.

Awesome, TSS! Let us know if your schedule changes.

Is this schedule all right with everyone? It’s fine with me, Archibald, TSS, Rachel, LG, Peter, and Mitch as far as i know, and we just need consent from M-O.

So, M-O? :laughing:

Here are some topics that we can talk about, if we get stuck during Ratatouille:

• Marketing (trouble with marketing Ratatouille)
  • Merchandise
  • Character design
  • Reception
  • Box office

Please feel free to add to the above list. It’s better to have too much to say, than not enough. I also really need to brush up on everything to do with Ratatouille, and suggest you guys do the same… :wink:

Also, could I put my name down in advance to do a WALL•E commentary, please? =)

I’ll bring the snacks. ;-p

Well, it will be done with love and as fans, and we aren’t making a profit on it so I think they would be ok with it, in fact, I think they would appreciate it. Is using their images for Pixar Planet “legal”? Probably not, but they let it slide because they know that we have good intentions. I’d just send off the DVD (printed off real snazzy, of course) and what could they do if they did have a problem with it? Sue us? Don’t worry about it… :wink:

Yep, this time and date is fine for me. Is this for recording Your Friend the Rat, or Ratatouille, though?

Should be ok if there’s no dinner conflict.

Well, i would’ve loved doing a commentary wtih you guys but i can’t…
Perhaps i’ll be participating at the next one ! :frowning:

rachel: Those are good topics to talk about. Usually, I find myself connecting the film to my life and also, when Remy does some cooking, I usually speculate on what he puts in his creation.

Looks like that’s the date and time!

Your Friend the Rat commentary!

Friday, September 12, 2008

California - 4:30 PM, Friday
New Mexico - 5:30 PM, Friday
Illinois - 6:30 PM, Friday
New York - 7:30 PM, Friday
England - 12:30 AM, Saturday
France - 1:30 AM, Saturday
South Australia - 10:00 AM, Saturday

So what do we do now? Well, let’s make sure we get:

1. Skype accounts
  2. Computer microphones
  3. Snacks
  4. A way to watch the film

Let’s not get too carried away, we’ll decide on future commentaries in the future. :laughing: In the meantime, let’s focus on doing this thing first. :wink:

:astonished: Soexcitedsoexcitedsoexcitedsoexcitedsoexcitedsoexcited! :astonished:

It looks great A113, but lets clarify something. “California-4:30 PM” Is that when we start the short, exactly, no delays, or is that time call time?

TSS: Yes, that’s when we start. The commenatry will probably take about 15 minutes, since the short’s around 11 minutes.

How ready are you for the YFTR commentary? Tell us. Make sure you’re ready by September 12 (or 13, east of here). :smiley:

All of a sudden I’m really nervous… :laughing:

That’s perfectly fine with me. :wink:

That fits into my schedule nicely, so I’ll definitely be able to attend this thing. :smiley:

rachel - Good idea. Thanks for posting up that list of possible subjects to discuss; it will be handy to have something to fall back on… just in case.

Ha-ha. Yeah, I suppose you’re right. They probably would appreciate it more than anything. Well, all the more reason to make a good impression so as this commentary stands out!

By the way, I have another question concerning the computer microphones…

What type/brand of microphone is recommended, and how do I install it?

I’ll probably be able to figure out the installation process of course, but if worst comes to worst…

– Mitch

To tell you the truth, I don’t use a microphone when I record stuff. I just use headphones.

The best type of microphone for Skype would be a headset. A USB headset would be even better.

Here and here are a couple of examples.

To install it, just plug it in and select it in Skype as your microphone.

qxgnxamy - Thank you very much for the information! If I can’t purchase a decent headset from my local Best Buy facility I’ll probably pre-order one from the Skype store.

All right, I recently installed Skype, so I have that program ready. The only thing I really need now is the headset.

I have just two more questions, by the way…

1. What are everyone’s “Skype” screen names? I think that everyone should submit/post their user name so that we’ll be able to call each other.

2. Once everyone knows each other’s screen name, all we have to do is basically add each other to our “Contacts” list and then call one another when we’re set to do the commentary, right?

Just making sure… :wink:

– Mitch

Edit: Ignore my first question, everyone, and please defer to qxgnxamy’s latest post (which is right after this post)! Thanks.

Mitch - You may want to remove your screen name from your post and PM it to us instead. My gut instinct tells me that a skype screen name is something one would want to keep from the eyes of the public (but I may be worrying over nothing). I’ll PM everyone with my screen name.

EDIT - On second thought, how about everyone sends me their Skype screen name and I’ll PM everyone with the list of all screen names?

EDIT - To answer your second question, I believe that once we’re all in each other’s contact lists, one person hosts a conference call and invites all the participants.

gxgnxamy - Ah. Yes. Good idea. I’ll send my screen name to you via a private message then.

I see. I take it that you’ll be the one to host a conference call, am I right?

Thanks again for your advice/assistance! :smiley:

– Mitch

Mitch - You’re welcome!

I can do it, sure. =)

I might be able to make the 13th, but I might not. It’s difficult with work- my hours change often- so I’ll say ‘maybe’ for now.

Also, I haven’t got Skype or a microphone yet, so I’ll need to sort these things out before the day. But first, I’ll check if I’m free.