Pixar Impersonations/Impressions

I think I can do a good Bruce

from finding nemo. BUt my best friend could do it better. He has an Austrilian accent.

I try to

imitate them whenever I quote a Pixar movie (which is quite often). I honestly dont know how good I am at it.

Although I think i’m pretty good at doing Mater and my friend told me I was good at imitating Bruce.

[size=92]I can kind of do Dory. And my brother

can impersonate HEAPS of characters from movies, but is particularly good at doing the voice of John

Ratzenberger. :slight_smile: And even though this one isn’t Pixar-related, he can also do a perfect impression of Gollum.

Lol…[/size]

I’m not to good at impressions. When I try to do

them, I think I sound like the person I’m trying to imitate. But everyone else is

like “Man, you sound awful!” :unamused:

…So I just do imitations when I’m alone, and no one can

hear me. And because I think I sound good, it gives me a morale boost! :wink:

Gasduude - Haha – the same

thing applies to me, as well! It sounds, to me, like I’m doing a perfect impression of a character’s voice; but

when I do it front of an audience, they’re not so impressed. (snigger) :laughing:

My sister, on the other

hand…

Gassdude: I do that sometimes too. ven in my showe, I

decide to voice act instead of sing. People stare at me afte wards.

[b]TSS and

Mitch[/b] - I’m glad I’m not alone! :smiley: I’m guessing it’s got something to do with the brain.

Because you are the one trying to voice a paticular person, your brain “calibrates” your voice to as

close as it can get. So you here something that sounds almost perfect to you, but to everyone else… :confused:

Now some people on the other hand, like your sister Mitch, their

“calibrations” are close enough to the real thing. Also, this would explain why some people can do only

certain voices.

Here is what is really hard. Not only geting

the voice right, but acting like the actacter perfectly is kinda hard too. How the heck can one be Edna when I am

freaking talker than her?!

TSS - :laughing: Yeah, I know what you mean. Just try to imitate Jim Carrey!

:wink:

That is

true, but Edna is a very agressive person. And she has a purpose for her agression and abrasiveness.

Yes, exactly! Your brain interprets the

information to the most accurate level it can reach…even if that highest setting isn’t good enough. (snigger)

My sister just has a natural born talent for doing voices – she can impersonate such characters as

R2-D2 and Roz to the point of perfection.

The Star Swordsman - Haha – I

always thought it was pretty easy to copy a particular character’s movements/actions; just do what they do! Or,

as Gasduude suggested, do the “Jim Carrey” style of acting…even if it is

a little goofy (which is what makes it funny). :wink:

But Jim Carrey and Edna are different as well. Using

their similarities while extracting the other differences if a big challenge.

Here’s what I do:

Try to put yourself in the character’s shoes. If he/she is depressed, formulate a sad picture or event

in your mind (whether real or imaginative). If a particular character is excited, try to think of a time when you

were extremely anxious/over-joyed about something and let your emotions carry out your actions.

A good

example of this is the scene, in Finding Nemo, where Dory is begging Marlin to

remain with her instead of departing. The artist who animated that scene couldn’t get Dory’s expressions of

desperation just so, so he locked himself up in a room that contained pictures of people he loved who had passed

on. He then video-taped himself acting out the part that Dory played in the afore-mentioned scene, and he got

just the reaction he wanted. It was quite moving and heart-felt, actually…

So there you have it. My

sister and I attempt to do the same thing when we play as the characters in Cars or

some other Pixar film, and it really does work.

I like that acting technique. Trying to recreate the character, and not acting it, but becoming it is a

great technique.