Pixar Planet Awards 2009 - Suggestions/General Discussion

I assume there is a Judging table, or a group that will decide on who earns what?

The only problem is, they can’t all be Mods, because there’s a “Best Mod” Category.

If it was voted on by the public than you’d have to make sure no one votes for themselves, cuz, you know, that’s kinda dumb. :stuck_out_tongue:

In any case, I like the idea. Can’t wait to hear more from this. :slight_smile:

It is a public vote Mygames19 and, as far as I can remember from last year, members weren’t allowed to vote for themselves. Unfortunately. :laughing:

Lets get the voting going! :slight_smile:

Oh sweet!

And I defiantly think that 'Best Commentator/Commentary" should be one.

We work really hard on those. :smiley:

I really like the live telecast idea and doing it the second week of February is fine with me. Although, that Sunday is Valentines, so some may be busy :confused:

And, I don’t know if this could be one, but best Music Performer? Like, a few episodes ago of RP there was someone from the forums who played the Axiom theme on the piano, maybe there’s more of us who have musical talent? :laughing:

Aah! I’m gonna play Married Life on Cornet if we do! I’ll need a Harmon mute though,…

Woah there, tiger. Not till December… (Or February) :wink:

Yeah, voting won’t happen for a while. But what you can do is find members who would be perfect for the nomination categories.

…And keep those members to yourself. :wink:

Within the next few days TSS and I will have to figure out when the awards will take place.

I say, we should have a best north English member category :smiley:

Also, I say nomination 1st to the 7th of November, voting 8-15th November (using a series of poll threads), and ceremony on Skype/boards 19th/20th November

Well, if voting was public, where would the fun and suspense be? :wink:

TSS: Very true. I would want voting to be private as well. :wink:

I’m all for the ‘end of the year’ voting, i.e. December, announcements in January, that way it’d be a true ‘of 2009’ awards ceremony. Still totally up for doing it over skype, that’d be wicked!

I’ll talk to Rachel and see if we can have the winners announced over Radio Pixar.

Ok, the For Your Consideration Thread is now open! The rules are basically the same as last year. I’m not sure how successful the thread will be, but I thought I’d bring it back again anyway and we’ll see how it goes.

The categories for this year’s awards are pretty much finalised. There are going to be 3 new categories it seems at this stage, but feel free to suggest any more within the next couple of weeks.

October 30 - FYC thread opens

November 13 - FYC thread closes

November 16 - Nominations begin

November 30 - Nominations end

December 2 - Voting begins

December 16 - Voting ends

December 19 - Winners announced

Those dates are subject to change but I’ll try my best to adhere to them. Perhaps if we can get enough people together The Star Swordsman and I could announce the winners over a voice chat the weekend before Christmas. :wink:

Very awesome. I think I’m gonna have to throw some stuff together for this, I’ll have to get started soon! CAN’T PROCRASTINATE! smacks head

Sounds like a good schedule to me! And I like that idea, Rachel, especially if there are a good number of us there to hear the winners being announced. It’d be a proper special occassion!

The schedule looks great rachel. but for the time being, you will need to PM me anything you want to talk about the PP Awards. Until I get a new computer, I am going to be off of skype for a while.

Um… I have a few questions. When does the voting start for this year? And how exactly do we go about nominating and voting? I’ve read over the rules, but I’m finding it hard to find the right information and understand it. So I figured I’d ask. I’d really like to take part in this years PP Awards :slight_smile: .

The Star Swordsman - Sure thing. =)

Violet Parr - The rules for nominating, and eventually voting, haven’t been posted because it’s not yet to that stage in the awards. When the time comes for nominating and voting I’ll create separate threads with information on how to do that. If you would like a rough idea of what the rules will be like this year, click the following links to threads for last year’s awards: 2008 Nominating and 2008 Voting.

See that list of dates that I posted in this thread a few days ago? It says that nominating will start on November 16 and voting will start on December 2, which gives members two weeks each to nominate and vote.

Hope that answers your questions. :wink:

Thanks, Rachel :slight_smile: ! That does help a lot. I think I understand now. Thank you!

It seems that the schedule has remained the same as last year instead of the suggested ‘wait till the end of the year’ approach, but I guess having it announced before Christmas would be a grander occassion! :smiley:

I have a suggestion; I’m a member of a car chase forum, and every year we honour some of the finest vehicular races and pursuits on celluloid for own little amusement (just stick with me here, you’ll see where I’m going). In 2006, we introduced a new feature called ‘Virtual Guest Presenters’. Basically, it’s like what it implies, we will each write our reasons and justifications for the chase we select for each category, and the admin will select a few of the pieces to tag to the winner as an accolade comment. It’s like at the Oscars, Hugh Jackman/Halle Berry/some important VIP will sing praises to the nominees in between segments.

“XYZ’s masterpiece of signature-making shows his/her prowess at Photoshop. Clean compositions, professional masking, and a witty tagline makes this a truly memorable promotional graphic for an awesome fanfic.”

A bit gratuitous, but who doesn’t like going on an ego trip? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not quite sure how this is going to be done here, as we wrote our comments directly into the Nominations thread, whereas here, it may be a difficult since we’re complimenting works from other members and it may influence the voter’s decisions. Perhaps we could each write our reasons and sent them to any of the organisers to compile and read/publish on Awards Day. This probably depends on how willing the voters are to write about their decisions and for the organisers’ cooperation, but of course, this is just a suggestion. But I think it could be fun. :slight_smile:

We did this for 2006 and 2007, so you can read the threads to see how it was done to get an idea. :wink: