Pixar Planet Awards 2011 - General Discussion

You mean the nominations for the non-art awards? I’ll start thinking about who I’ll nominate for each category.

If you don’t really know who to put down, just leave it blank.

Again, thanks little_chef! That’s exactly how I feel about the video category. I don’t watch many of them, and I don’t have the time to sit through all them just so I can give a nomination. When we do get our nominees for the category then I will probably look through them all so I can make a vote. :slight_smile:

This explains alot! thanks Little_chef!

You’re welcome, guys. I’m looking forward to seeing how this year’s awards turn out! :slight_smile:

little chef

I just wanted to be sure of this, but do you have to vote for three in one category or is it up to three?

When you put in your nomination ballot, you are allowed to pick up to three choices per category. So, using the first category as an example, you can pick three different members who you think should win Best Member. Or, in the art category, you can pick your three favorite Pixar pieces, and your three favorite non-Pixar pieces.

As we also discussed a few posts ago, if you absolutely cannot think of anything to put in a particular category, maybe because you’re not familiar with that part of the forums, you don’t have to put anything there. Or, maybe you don’t know enough members who you think match a particular category, so you’re only able to come up with one or two. However we strongly encourage you to fill in the ballots as well as you possibly can.

Hope that answers your questions!

little chef

Answers mine too! Thanks again.

The video one was kidna hard because not a lot of members make videos.

Thanks for clearing that up little_chef_eva09.

Once again, you all are most welcome. :slight_smile:

little chef

I feel really dumb because I have no idea who to vote for for anything, because I haven’t been here.

Don’t feel bad, IV… I share your pain! :laughing: That’s why I started my nomination ballot super early, so I have lots of time to browse the site and look over my choices, since I haven’t been a really big part of the forums this year. Take your time, it’ll be fine! :slight_smile:

little chef

I have been a big poster this year so a lot of them are easy for me except for a few.

I was beginning to wonder if the Awards were gonna be hosted this year, so it is to my excitement to discover that one of my favourite old-timers and one of my favourite newbie Mods will be hosting this year’s Awards!

The fun has been doubled! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, enough Internet memes. I know you guys are gonna do a great job this year - TSS being an ever patient co-host to my dozens of queries last year and little_chef being a reliable and friendly Mod. And while it’s disappointing there’s no fan commentaries this time, I’m sure there’ll be tons of Cars, other Pixar movies, and a couple of video game and TV show fanarts to sift through for nomination consideration!

Another thing I’m really glad about is that Pixar and non-Pixar fan artists can both be considered for the ‘Best Fan Artist’ category, as well as how ‘Best Original Artist’ gets its own category. It’ll be interesting to see who wins the latter! Also, great that ‘Best Video’ is an open category, and the two interesting new categories!

A tip I can give to any first-timers for the Awards is to submit to the ‘For Your Consideration’ thread as early as possible and wear a sig linking to your post in that thread. That way, your work can get maximum exposure and there’s a greater chance people will consider it for nomination. It’s also nice to actually view as many works as possible before submitting your nominations - there’s no point submitting it early since the nomination votes will only be tallied after the deadline, so do your best to carefully consider all possible entries before making your choice! :wink:

That’s all I say for now - it’s time to get my ‘FYC’ post ready. Best of luck to everyone, and may the best fanatic win! :sunglasses:

P.S. Oh yeah, sorry, I have a question: So I take it from little_chef and TSS that it’s okay to post a link for ‘Best Artwork’ and a link for ‘Best Artist’ in the FYC post? If so, what was the purpose of the ‘either/or’ rule for previous years? Thanks. :slight_smile:

P.S.S. Should it be January 16, 2011 onwards for this?

Bumpity-bump (re my questions). :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually have no clue who to vote for… 8D

Well good luck everyone! I was nominated for a few things last year, though I don’t have any fanfiction pieces on PP for this year at all. So I guess I’m just a voter this year unless I’m nominated for something not related to fanwork.

Awe thats ashame! Ive been working on a video for a while now but its not done yet!
Even it it was would it could if its a claymation?

If it’s Pixar realted, it be in the Awards.