Pixar Planet Vidcast OFFICIAL THREAD!

If you want to create a Vidcast staff usergroup, here’s a group icon you could use:

totoro: rofl. That’s great. :sunglasses:

That’s awesome, totoro!

totoro: Great job! I’d use it, but I don’t think I can make groups. But, if someone else can, please let me know! :slight_smile:

Good news! OFFICIAL WEBSITE IS UP!:

pixarplanet.com/vidcast/

All positions for episode 1 will be chosen by next weekend. :wink:

I PM you or what?

Simply go to this link and follow the instructions! If I like what you had to say, I’ll shoot back an E-Mail letting you know! :slight_smile:

I already have some people in mind and will let you all know by tommarow evening. :slight_smile:

Okay, I’ve chosen the people for episode 1!

But, before you read on, please understand that my choices where made based on what I’ve learned from you about what you might want to do or what I think you would like, and not because I like one person more than another. So now, let’s get started. :sunglasses:

Hannahmation, You will be a video editor. But, not just for Episode 1, but for the whole season. Why? Because I could use a right-hand in case for some reason I just can’t edit. Oh, and even better, you also get to be the Intro and Outro of episode 1. :slight_smile:

thewisecookiesheet, .I’m not quite sure what you’ve got planned, but I’m sure you can make the News section more interesting. :wink:

LightningAndDoc, I donno what you want to do, but I need someone for the Review/Overview section, so… :slight_smile:

And lastly, ffdude1906, I asked you to be part of the Vidcast team for a reason. You’ll be hosting the Fandom section of episode 1, if you accept. :slight_smile:

The Star Swordsman and Lizardgirl: Please keep in contact and let me know if you find a way to film yourselves. I’d love to have you both participate, but you need equipment first!

disneydutchess: I’m sorry, I don’t have any more spots left. :frowning: But I promise, you’ll be the first on my list for episode 2. If you like, however, you could write scripts. :slight_smile:

Thank you all! If you accept the spot, post in this topic or send me a PM. In return, I’ll send you the Liability contract (don’t worry, it’s just saying that if you say something bad it won’t be recognized as part of Pixar Planet.)

Sweet. I guess I otta get on top of this then. :wink:

News? Works great for me, nice time to start with awards season for Up, and TS3 is finishing up well.

Any time constraints on the parts?

I have one way to film myself. I just have to borrow my sister’s camera and them upload it to her computer then email the files to me. I just ordered my webcam, but it won’t come for a maybe 1-2 days.

I’ll keep in touch with you if you need extra or more help. But if not, good luck with EP 1.

I’m gonna have a bit of a problem with filming myself, possibly. I have an iMac, I think that’ll work, but that’s all I can think of. That’s what I used for my video to Pixar, so I think it’ll be okay.

The Star Swordsman: This is good news. :slight_smile: Maybe episode 2?

ffdude1906: Ya, that should work. Just make sure the file format you encode in can be read on Windows platforms too. :wink:

So, as you may have noticed, a Liability contract has been sent out to all of the to-be staff members. But, until that is signed, you aren’t part of the staff, so make sure you fill that out! once everyone does, we can finally start drafting scripts. :smiley:

Sure thing. I’ll be sure to have what ever i need for the next episode ready to go.

Script writing? heck yeah. I’m a great writer. I’ll get to work on something and send it to you as fast as i can

Mygames19- I have a webcam, so whenever you want me to take part in future episodes I’ll give it a go!

I’m loving how official and organised all of this is. It’s very exciting and I’m looking forward to seeing the first episode. Good work, Mygames19.

The Star Swordsman: Great! Be ready as soon as Episode 1 is released. We can’t waist any time basking in the fact that it actually is complete. :slight_smile:

disneydutchess: Alright, I’m gonna sign you up as a script Supervisor and Editor. Your job will be to spot things I don’t the first time around. :wink:

lizardgirl: I’d say the same thing to you as I did to The Star Swordsman. :slight_smile:

And, thanks for the support! Not just you, but everyone else as well. This is progressing better than I thought!

However, we are waiting on one person. ffdude1906, if you’d like, I’ve got a .PNG formatted copy of the contract I can send you via Personal Message if you’d rather sign your name digitally. :slight_smile:

I’ll be ready Mygames. Thanks for keeping me on.

Alright guys, I was grounded for a week or two there and couldn’t update you all on what’s up (In fact I’m still grounded from my iPhone) but now that I’m on I need to give you the skinny.

The fact is, we just lost two weeks. The project hasn’t gone anywhere since I left, and that means my schedule’s gonna need to be changed.

ffdude1906, you have until April 2nd to get me a signed copy of the contract. If you don’t, I know 3 other people willing to fill in your position. I don’t want to do this, but we wanted to get an episode out by late may, and unless I speed things up that’s not gonna happen.

April 4th will be the day the group begins scripting (or, at least when I assign scripting duties.) If you want to start your scripts now, feel free. I’ll be filling you in on the private forums.

Once development begins, this topic will only be updated about progress when a milestone is reached. (Scripting completed, filming completed, editing completed, episode released.)

Thank you all for holding on! Now, I’ve got some work to do.
:sunglasses:

Alright, the show has begun! :slight_smile:

(Thanks Chris for getting that in fast BTW!)

Quick edit: Site minorly updated to state we’re in the scripting stages + add people who weren’t listed as staff before.

[url]http://www.pixarplanet.com/vidcast/[/url]

aww i’m still not mentioned on the website. also on the staff page it says hosts/hostresses. take off the r and it will be good :slight_smile:

Glad to hear the project is up and running! :smiley:

Oh, and on the staff page Mygames19, you’ve missed out the ‘h’ in Hannahmation. Sorry to be nitpicky. :laughing: