Planes

slashfilm.com/2010/07/14/pix … f-of-cars/

Is this dumb? I think it is.

Is that real? It doesn’t sound like something they’d do.

What IS this junk?

A spin-off with planes, directly to DVD- now that is seriously pointless. Talk about killing a franchise coughsDreamworkscough.

Pixar, what in Luxo’s name are you doing!?! I truly hope this isn’t real, just some crazy idea that they’ll eventually shake off. crosses fingers

Does Dreamworks do a lot of direct-to-video stuff? I don’t know, this kind of reminds me of Disney, with their horrors of direct-to-videos of every classic movie. Cinderella 3? Fox and the Hound 2? Bambi 2? :unamused:

I feel sick. This is the first time that I’ve felt truly let down by Pixar. At least MI2 and Cars 2 have potential. I don’t see any here. It just seems like a cheap cash-in.

I posted this over in the Cars section but. . . I went on petion spot and looked to see if there was and petitions yet and I found one! lol petitionspot.com/petitions/NoPlanesplease I did not make this petition.

Sounds horrible to me. Worse than the ideas of Cars 2 and Monsters, Inc. 2, and if I’m honest I don’t have much hope for either of those. Hopefully this is just a rumour that isn’t true.

I signed the petition. I’m all for sequels, just not one ones that you can’t make a sequel out of. I’m never for straight to DVD junk.

Yeah, that’s what I’m hopeing for.

The first comment on that article pretty much sums it up for me: “I must be dreamworksing”.

:open_mouth:

rocks back and forth in a curled up ball This can’t be happening, this can’t be happening, this can’t be happening . . .

snaps back to reality Please tell me this is just a rumor!!! I love Cars, and I’m all for Cars 2, but Planes??? This does not sound like something Pixar would do! :cry:

I don’t know if this is true or not, all I can say is that I trust Pixar and even if it’s direct to DVD, it’ll probably be pretty good.

I’m curious, has Dreamworks released anything directo to video? I know they like to start planning sequals right after the first movie is released, but I don’t recall them doing direct to videoo.

Um… What is this?! I know that usually when Pixar announces that they’re going to be doing something that sounds strange and even stupid, we should just let them do what they want because they obviously know what they’re doing and it turn out awesome. However, even with this in mind, there is still absolutely NO WAY how I can see this ever being good!

I think there are three possible outcomes for how Planes will end up:

1. It will just be a rumour and nothing more
  2. It will be Pixar’s first flop and it will fail spectacularly
  3. It will be abso-freakin-lutely AMAZING and no one will see it coming because Pixar does have their way with working miracles and smashing everyone’s preconceptions.

I’m hoping it’s either 1 or 3.

May I also remind everyone that Toy Story 2 was originally going to be a direct to video release?

I can only say that we’re all Pixar fans here.

If Pixar wants to do something, as fans we should support them. I’ve said that if they flop I will never like them ever again, but everyone makes a mistake. Do we want Pixar to flop? No. No one here does. I too don’t see this as being good in any way possible but…like Ding said…it’s Pixar. I’ve loved everything Pixar came out with. We all have our favorites, but they’re all really good films.

Made with love. How many movie are made with heart these days?

Planes…it sounds bad…
I really don’t like the idea.

I’m going to try to have faith and hope for the best…

I’ve said that things like this are junk in my last post. But really, I just thought about it and I’m forgetting it’s Pixar and if it’s junk, they will get rid of it. I still hope it’s a rumor.

To tell you all the truth, I really don’t know what to think. I’m so confused. I’m furious that Pixar may let a straight to DVD movie out. But the other part is telling me to relax because, hey, did it even come out yet? Was there a trailer? You can’t judge a book by its cover, especially speaking about Pixar. I think we should worry about this when it gets closer to whenever it is coming out, if this is even true.

This is just the rumour mill’s version of “I heard from a friend of a friend…”

Notice Slashfilm linked to Movieline, which in turn did not credit its source (Movieline merely said, quote “Movieline hears from Pixar…”). So until they verify their claim (“John Lasseter said”, “An animator who is working on the Cars sequel”), I think it’s a hoax.

Though I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true, since they are outsourcing ancillary productions like shorts and TV series to Pixar Canada…

And really, is it that bad to have another anthropomorphic objects movie? Like emmm… a second sequel to a film about living toys? :slight_smile:

I didn’t even think of that. :open_mouth: I feel a bit better now. :slight_smile:

Please lets this not be true… please lets this not be true… please lets this not be true

I woke up this morning hoping that Planes might of been just a weird dream, only to find that this topic really does exist and so does the idea of Planes…

No, I don’t believe they have, but it sounds like something they’d do, in the sense that they’re just trying to cash in (like when they plan sequels really quickly).