Please, no.

I think some films are better left alone. I can understand why Toy Story 2 was made, Toy Story was an incredible success and at least Toy Story 2 is a good film in its own right. I’m glad that nearly all the Pixar films are just a one-time deal (the other exception being Cars, which was/is a huge merchandising success). Sure, Cars was a huge success too, but does it really need a sequel? I’d still watch it, since I love Pixar and enjoyed the first film, but I can’t come with any good ideas for what the story could be (though I’m no genius, and I bet Pixar already has the full plot planned out.)

I shouldn’t worry though, it is a Pixar film after all and they always manage to make any idea into a good movie. Only Pixar could make an entertaining talking animal (or rodent) film (which I’m seeing more and more of, but none can compare to Ratatouille of course.). The only thing I could do without in Cars is the crappy country music - Rascal Flatts and Sheryl Crow, for example.

Also, I recently saw Kung Fu Panda which is the best DreamWorks Animation film ever. Much better than the Shrek films (which is approaching 6 films, with Shrek Goes Fourth, Shrek 5 and a Puss spin-off), Shark Tale and Bee Movie (I found The Bee Movie obnoxious, and the only redeeming factor of it was the fact the main character was named “Barry” like me.) Anyways, back to Kung Fu Panda. Apparently there’s a sequel in the works. No! The original was perfect! Why must DreamWorks do this. Why must they take good movies (Kung Fu Panda and Shrek) and turn them into crappy franchises? It’s rare DreamWorks does something right, so Kung Fu Panda is a rare occurrence. I don’t want it to be diminished (in a way) if a crappy sequel comes out.

Thank you, original poster. Thank you.

I know, I know, it’s been confirmed Pixar’s not working on this now, right? Well, call me a purist, but I don’t wanna see Mr. Stanton working on it. I know, his life, his choice, but dude… Do we really need any more rediculous levels of nudity in Hollywood? It just bugs me that somebody I look up to, especially a Christian I look up to, is working on a project like this. :frowning:

Like I said before, you don’t have any right to try to impress your levels of “morals” onto Pixar. Andrew Stanton is a grown man and he can make whatever kind of movie he wants. Part of moving into mature films is dealing with more mature themes. The human body is nothing to be ashamed of, and if Pixar does end up dealing with near-nudity, I’m sure it will be done tastefully and will be done to enhance the story. And if this offends you, don’t see the movie. But myself and other adults who can get past our personal opinions will go see it and enjoy it.

Isn’t this moive going to be PG-13 anyways?

Not just one sequel, Alec. Katzenberg has already mentioned he’s planning for five more Kung-Fu Panda movies, and that the first movie was one chapter in the six-movie story.

Because Shrek 1 made $484m worldwide and Shrek 2 made $919m worldwide. Even Shrek the Third with mixed reviews made $714m worldwide. That’s why they did them. With those returns, it’s hard to argue that they aren’t popular.

Editors Note: Please try to be more constructive in your criticism and don’t directly attack our members. It’s not nice. If you would like to construct an argument that doesn’t attack the other person (because that just means you lost the debate), please feel free to edit this post.

Blazeguard Jeff, you have been warned.

bawpcwpn

Violence ! Nudity ! I love this stuff…

"especially a Christian I look up to, is working on a project like this. "

I think you guys should be warning statements like this ( the above ) , not my mocking of them. I didn’t start out saying that I am better than everyone not like me.

The last time I was anywhere such consistently crazy crap was spoken unchallenged as a girlfriends church long ago. They were discussing the ‘jewish and new age threat’. No one said a thing.
( My girlfriend DID leave the church )

I’m disappointed that this has turned out to me more of a ‘christian pixar’ site than anything else. Maybe you should have a warning. I will be closing of my account and not returning.

Who says there’s going to be any nudity in this film anyway? And if there was any as per the scource material, it would be incidental, matter-of-fact nudity like in a National Geographic documentary about life in New Guinea. Netbug, are you offended by the levels of nudity in the rain forest? Remember: who made the body, and who made the clothes? :wink:

I’d like to think pPixar always will be an Animation Studio. I mean, Pixar directors are great and will want do live-action, but they know they don’t need to classificate their other workdas Pixar, just as their own work.

Abou John Carter, I have no idea what is it about, but they said somewhere that it will be packed as Disney, not Pioxar, correct me if Im wrong.

John Carter of Mars will be a unique challenge. But Pixar is the best in the business at telling good stories through animated feature films. John carter is an untapped mythology. So what if it was a bit pulpish with half-dressed women in it as a book. You can just make fantastical costumes to tone it down. I think people are going to overreact to this film, but I’m sure it will be politically correct. I shudder to think what might have happened with some of the other studios that attempted to make it and dropped it.

Live action could use some real creativity from the brains at Pixar.

I agree this topic very much.

After looking at those pictures i can only say one thing…Avatar.

I don’t really think John Crater of Mars is Pixar. Just because a Pixar Director is directing it people naturally assume it is Pixar. don’t worry besides everywhere it says Disney not Pixar. 1906 on the other hand is Pixar. And some one predicted it will be a bigger movie than the Titanic (I don’t know where I read that thought).

1906 isn’t Pixar either. It’s just being financed by Pixar. As far as I know, Pixar isn’t even doing any effects work.

John Carter is a Science Fiction classic. If they handle it correctly, like the post Victorian pulp that it is, it will be glorious. More “Le voyage dans la lune” than Buck Rogers. The style with which the story is told will be critical. There is a great deal of narration and exposition in the books. This is in contrast with Pixar’s style of as little dialog as possible. If I were the production designer, I wiould look to George Pal’s “The Time Machine” as a blueprint. A master ful film that took a VERY wierd book and made into an accessible story while losing NONE of the Wellsian charm.

Here are some samples

[url]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_playlists&search_query=the+time+machine+George+pal&uni=1[/url]

After WALL*E, I decided made a decision that I will not doubt anything Pixar does until they screw up.

I saw the trailer for Up, and I thought the story looked pretty weird, but because it had the Pixar logo at the beginning, I stayed optimistic. And obviously it turned out to be great!

After 10 hits in a row, Pixar has earned the right to be innocent until proven guilty.