Posting Clarifications

Just saying be careful. :wink:

But … the people we’d be losing would be the ones constantly not abiding by the rules. So, wouldn’t that be a good thing? I think so.

Yes, that’s true. It wouldn’t be good to have people feel that there are too many restrictions on them, but even the rules here and the one I’ve suggested are just basic standards and a lot of it is just common sense and “netiquette,” that they should know anyway, but for some reason they don’t know or don’t want to know or abide by basic rules, for whatever reason…

Well, that’s up to the admins of the forum to decide. :wink: If we have any problems, we can tell them nicely.

A113: Eh, well, people don’t like being told what to do (that’s understandable), and you don’t often come across as nice sometimes, you know. :wink:

Umm … wish we had that same thing we had on Luxo, I think it was - with the warnings that you could only see, and if you got a certain number you’d be booted off the boards.

That sounds fair.

I think I was guilty with that while on luxo. :frowning:

Same here.

I sometimes wish I could play grammar nazi, but I want the users to look out for grammar errors themselves. If it gets really obviously stupd, then I’ll step in.

I’ve been holding off from saying this for some time, but I think that it’s imperative that I reiterate some laws that have been established and that should be adhered to…

1) One-worded posts and/or limited-word posts are not appreciated. These types of responses clutter up the boards and generally make it appear as if the poster is spamming. Examples of this include these:

One-worded posts: “yeah”; “no”; “exactly”; “huh”; etc…

Limited-word posts: “I don’t know”; “Uh oh”; “I agree”; etc…

2) Shouting is not allowed. Basically, to “shout” means to type all in caps, as such:

“HOLY COW!! I LOVE TEA PARTIES!!!”

This type of behavior is rude, inappropriate, and illegitimate. Any posts that include shouting will be edited immediately.

Please note that some instances of shouting will be tolerated, but such instances are rare. An example of tolerated shouting includes this: “YAY! I’m finally eighteen years old.”

3) Harsh language will not be tolerated. The ‘D’ word and the ‘F’ word are considered to be cases of strong language.

4) Excessive quoting is unnecessary and clutters up the boards. Instances that apply to this type of behavior include cases where a poster will quote a message by a poster who is directly above him (in other words, one post above him). Another instance is when someone will quote several posts at once – I call this “layer-posting”. Here is an example of the second instance that I am referring to:

“Layer-Posting”:

This system of quoting makes the boards look messy and undignified. A handy way to respond to someone’s message without resorting to excessive quoting is by typing in their name in bold and then answering them directly. Here is an example of what I’m talking about by way of using the bold option:

Remy - Thanks for the paper clip! I’ll add it to my collection.

I have noticed that some members have been using one or more of these examples of inappropriate behavior: one-word/limited-word posts, shouting, language, and excessive quoting. It would be most appreciated by the Pixar Planet administrators, moderators, and members if such inappropriate behavior was halted. Those who refuse to abide by the rules will be dealt with fairly and accordingly.

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

– Mitch

Thanks for the reminder Mitch.

I agree with everything Mitch said. And it’s only politeness to follow the rules. You don’t want to have to create unnecessary work for us mods, either. Take a read of this thread if you still want to know what we mean: Questionable Quoting. Thx.

The Star Swordsman - No problem.

Rachel - Thanks for linking to that “Questionable Quoting” thread. It’s always good to double-check the rules of the road now and again.

– Mitch