Psyche OS X

Hang in tight, guys. I’ve got an essay to write this week, and I was able to write a new part yesterday for you guys to chew on while I worry about that essay, which is due NEXT WEEK, omg… :blush: So I’ll have this out of the way, and I’ll be able to focus this week, haha. Enjoy what I have so far. Again, the chapter isn’t finished 'cuz for whatever reason, it seems to be coming really slow (I want to think things through first before they get written).

Chapter Twelve
Part Two

“Oh, God no,” McCrea sputtered, scrambling to his feet as soon as WALL•E had spoken. He dashed for the closet and whipped his coat off its hanger. “Mo! Get your shoes on now! Eve’s having the baby!”

WALL•E anxiously tapped his hands together as he watched the two rushing to get ready to leave. Mo didn’t even have time to put on a jacket after hurriedly pulling on his sneakers, and as McCrea shoved him into the car, WALL•E wheeled through the snow to climb in the back. McCrea turned the key in the ignition several times, but the engine simply turned over and didn’t start.

“Can’t I drive, Uncle McCrea?” Mo asked as McCrea grumbled and moaned over the stubborn engine. “I have my learner’s permit now, and-”

“No, Mo; you’re not driving!” McCrea roared. “Especially not now with it being winter, and Eve over at the hospital in labor!” He turned his head back to look at WALL•E. “Is she in the early stages of labor or is she actually having contractions?”

WALL•E could only shrug in response. He had no idea what any of that meant. After sitting still for a few seconds to cool off some steam, McCrea tried the key again. Still, it wasn’t starting.

“Come on, dang stupid car!” he yelled at it, leaning on the horn as if it would help. “You’re brand new! I won’t put up with this!”

“Would you chill out?!” Mo cried, getting just as frustrated. “Maybe if you stop overreacting, we’ll be able to figure out a way to get this working!”

And like a vocal cue, the vehicle started. McCrea instantly jammed it into reverse and shot down the driveway, apparently unaware of the thin layer of ice blanketing the main road. As soon as his spinning tires hit that black ice, the car went into a spin even before they had a chance to start down the road. They ended up facing the opposite way, and McCrea swore under his breath. Other than that, everyone in the car remained silent for a good minute. Mo slowly looked over at McCrea as he released his grip on the safety handle above his seat.

“At least I only have my learner’s permit,” he muttered. “I would have taken it slow and not gunned it down our icy driveway at 40 MPH.”

With a lot more bickering along the way, the three finally made it back to the hospital and hastily asked a receptionist for Eve’s room number. Mo was a bit nervous about going in the room by the time they got to it, as a nurse who had just come out had informed them that Eve had started having contractions just ten minutes prior to them arriving. McCrea heaved a sigh, looking over at Mo who had his arms tightly folded and his hood pulled over his head. His reluctance to go in was obvious.

“Mo, what are you worried about?” McCrea gently asked him. Mo shook his head and shrugged.

“I… I dunno,” he eventually managed, nervously shuffling his feet. “I just don’t think I’m ready to handle anything like that yet. I mean, I care about Eve and everything, but I’m not really ready to watch her - or anyone, really - have a baby.” He motioned toward the small waiting area just outside the maternity ward. “I’ll be right out there, so you don’t have to worry about me running off or anything.” McCrea smiled knowingly and gave Mo a pat on the back.

“It’s all right,” he replied. “I understand. Just sit tight, I’ll be out in a little while.”

WALL•E hadn’t even waited for Mo and McCrea to finish their conversation and headed into Eve’s room on his own. Compassion entwined with anguish numbed his circuits when he laid eyes on his precious Eve, who had hardly noticed him entering the room. Never in his life had he seen her in such a desperate, agonized state; her fragile fingers so tightly gripped the blankets that covered her, and tears endlessly streamed down her pale cheeks as she choked and gasped for breath. WALL•E felt something inside of him twisting and wrenching every ounce of love and compassion he could possibly feel out of him, and yet he was certain he didn’t have a heart that could do so. At the sound of her cries alone, everything inside of him wanted to break. But no matter how much he felt her pain, and no matter how much the agony welled up inside of him, not a single tear could be shed in reparation for her suffering - and his.

He approached her bedside, trembling in fear, and reached up to touch her, lifting his eyes up to hers as she gripped his hand in return. She acknowledged that he was there, but never looked his way.

“Eeva,” he whimpered, and he found that even his voice shook along with his body. Eve’s grip tightened. “Please… be… okay.”

McCrea walked into the room just as several nurses surrounded Eve’s bed and were getting ready for her to push again. He stood beside WALL•E and put a hand on her damp forehead, feeling his throat tightening with sobs to see her in this condition.

“Eve, you’re going to be okay,” he assured her, trying to remain as calm as he possibly could. “It’s going to be fine. Just listen to what they tell you to do, and it’ll all work out.”

Anguish unlike anything WALL•E had ever felt surpressed all other feeling as he fell silent and could only watch as Eve attempted to push once more. It was washed over by helplesness; knowing that he could do nothing to ease her pain or even remove it completely. Helplessness transcended into alarm at the sharp yells of the nurses, and the sudden jerk of Eve’s muscles.

“Something’s wrong with that baby, don’t push again,” a nurse urgently commanded her. Her eyes shot up to meet McCrea’s. “It’d be a good idea if you stayed out of the room for this one. It’s not looking good and I don’t think you wanna be in here for it.”

Another nurse pointed at WALL•E, almost appearing disgusted. “And get that thing out of here, too,” she told McCrea. “It doesn’t look sterile and could harm both her and the baby.” WALL•E yelped at the proposition and shook his head.

“No!” he defiantly cried. “WALL•E stay with Eeva!”

“Look, I’ll leave,” McCrea said to them, “but at least let the robot stay with her. She needs him here for this, and he’s not gonna hurt a thing.”

The nurses took turns exchanging confused looks, but ended up agreeing to let WALL•E stay for a little while longer - however reluctantly. Eve managed a small smile and placed her other hand on top of his, as if trying to convince him that she were fine. He returned the glance and held her hand tightly, yet not tight enough to crush her delicate, trembling fingers.

Slowly, he shook his head and let go of a sob. “I… won’t leave you… Eeva.”

Hmmm, I wonder if Mo getting his learner’s permit is a reference to any member in particular who has just gotten the same thing…? :wink:

little chef

Wow, this is very beautiful. I admire how WALL•E stays with Eve to comfort her as she gives birth. And with McCrea and Mo also there to support her, like a big, loving family.

I think that Andrew Stanton would be proud of you if he read this.

Again, looking forward to more wonderful work from you.

JustSoWall-eCrazy

Me too! :smiley:

C’8 Awww, you guys!!! That just made my day! <3

I wonder if Pixarians ever expose themselves to fanfiction. It’s something I’ve wondered for a couple years now. I mean, obviously I’m sure some of them know of this site, and a few have actually read some of our more informative articles, but do you think they ever sneak a peek at some of the more well-written fanfiction?

Hey, if ffdude can get his Pixar-tribute-video-thing floating around Pixar, why can’t I do the same with my fanfiction, right? :wink: Haha… in my dreams… :unamused:

Anyhow, I almost cried when I read that little comment. <3 Thank you so much! I honestly don’t think this fanfic is amazing enough to make Stanton, the god of screenwriters, proud; but if you guys think I’m that amazing, it’s good enough for me! :smiley: I love you guys so much, you have no idea… 8’DDD

little chef

OMG if I haven’t mentioned it before, or even if I’ve mentioned it before, I’ll just say it: you have a gift for intense, leaving readers on the edge of their seat, vivid writing. :open_mouth:

I love that line! Not only do I like how you said “rusty” over “shiny” but it also expresses how strongly WALL-E feels that Eve needs him instead of Alex. I love how you wrote Part One of Chapter Twelve, with the emotion feeling so real when WALL-E’s brought back. And I love how simply complex [oxymoron, heheh] WALL-E’s relationship with Eve is like. He loves her and wants to be a couple, but he loves her truly enough to let her have who she wants as a boyfriend, YET he still feels mildly jealous sometimes. I really adore how you expressed that. It feels so real.

And Part Two- Oh, man, intensely detailed yet not dangerously detailed (if that makes sense…sometimes I’m not sure of the way I express things XD). I mean, everything you’ve written builds up so well to this moment, and…the way WALL-E insists on being on Eve’s side…it’s beautifully touching. And you have an ingenious way of blending a friendship relationship with a love relationship. I love how he’s hesitant to do what the nurses say, and he waits for DOLL-E to show up. And I was so into it that I didn’t expect that cliffhanger cutting everything off- it was like tripping during a race.

Keep up the incredible writing, (but don’t stress out) little_chef_eva09!! :smiley:

Yet another cliff hanger. Still a great chapter, though! I like how Mo doesn’t want to go into the delivery room. I’m kinda grossed out by that stuff too, so I know how he feels. I’d be very reluctant to go into a delivery room, probably even if it was my kid. I just can’t handle that stuff. I’m starting to feel kinda sick now…

Aww, I love how they let Wall-E stay in there.

It’s like saying he’s always gonna be there for her. Reminds me of “Poprocks and Coke” by Green Day. :wink:

Hmm, I wonder who it is…? :laughing:

BDD: Omg, your comment nearly had me in tears. I don’t know why, it just totally touched me. And don’t worry about the way you explain things, I can understand your meaning just fine. :wink: It truly moves me to see my readers moving with the emotions of the story. I continue to hope that I don’t disappoint you with the rest of it and that you are just as captivated at the end as you were at the beginning. :slight_smile:

mo: Wow, for some reason I had a good idea that you felt that way about handling childbirth. :laughing: So don’t worry, nothing’s going to go into any detail or anything. I wouldn’t subject you guys to that stuff against your will, haha. But it’s interesting how many guys can’t handle it, even when they’re grown men watching their children being born. Yes, I’m like falling head over heels for WALL•E right now… that robot is so amazing to want to just be there with Eve every single moment, even though she’s going through something really tough. :frowning:

I bet I’ll have time to work on the rest of the chapter this week. I’ve got a lot of loose ends to tie up in two chapters! :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

Guys, I have to sincerely say sorry for just dropping this story again, and right when I was on a roll with it and you guys were left hanging. Writer’s block seems to be quite frequent for me, and I’m not kidding you, I have found absolutely no creative juice for writing recently. I can’t do anything to force it, either. It’s really frustrating, cuz I’m in the middle of writing this really great part and want to finish it badly. :frowning:

I’m also getting nervous about ending at 13 chapters. I’m nearing the end of chapter 12 and don’t think just one more chapter is going to give me enough room to finish the story the way I want it without cutting details or making things seemed rushed at the end. Please bear with me, guys. I’m going through a rough writing patch!

Just wanted to let you know I hadn’t forgotten about this (how could I anyway! :stuck_out_tongue:) and wanted to blow off dust from this poor old, forgotten thread.

little chef

WOO-HOO! Psyche’s returning! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sets up a tent to camp out in front of little_chef’s theater and counts down the days to the premier of Chapter Twelve: Part Three

Haha!! Umm, well sorry to rain on your parade, but I haven’t actually made any headway for Ch. 12 because, as my last post said, I’m having a horrible bout of writer’s block; heck, I haven’t had the inspiration or motivation for writing in what feels like forever. And it’s really frustrating because I WANT to write, but when I put my fingers to the keyboard or bring up a document waiting to be finished, nothing happens. :frowning:

I don’t know what to do to get over it, but from past experience I just have to let it run its course and out of the blue I’ll get a kick of inspiration and start writing like crazy all over again. :stuck_out_tongue: Please, please bear with me guys! I feel so awful for not having any updates!! :frowning:

little chef

little_chef_eva09: Hang in there, I know you’re trying, and there’s no rush. You know that when we say we can’t wait, we mean we’re excited for the next update, not literally meaning to rush you. I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes inspiration needs to come to you when you least expect to find it. :wink: Take your time, it’s okay.

Think you’re procrastinating? There’s this little fanfic I haven’t updated in literally a year. Haven’t touched. Only reread once or twice. :frowning: I plan to add something new, and for this particular story I’m writing, it’s not that hard to come up with a new chapter. What I feel bad about and so ashamed of is that I actually forgot my own fanfic. Now it’s hard for me to come up with it because I now don’t know what I had had in mind for the story to go with at the time I started it. I had started it with a simple plan in my head. Then I put off updating…and lost it completely and now I’m really in a blanked-out jam, especially when I don’t have time to think much about it, getting my hands full with other work.

At least you’re not as bad as me. You’re still trying, still looking for inspiration. That’s good. Eventually it’ll come to you. Just wait for it and it’ll hit you. Inspiration occurs randomly. Good luck on that and God bless. :smiley:

Yeah, no worries, little_chef! Very few people actually make it past the first few chapters of their fanfic before giving up, so massive kudos for you persevering on! I wrote a 24/Cars crossover two years ago that I still think about occasionally, but I haven’t found a plot worth sustaining over the planned 24 chapters, so I’m still figuring stuff out. I may resurrect it next year, but then again, I said that around the same time last year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Take as long as you need, just be safe in the comfort that there are people out there who enjoy your tale and are awaiting its conclusion. Like the old saying goes, “Good things take time”. :wink:

Aww, you guys… hugs both of you It really means a lot that you still remembered this story and love it enough to wait so patiently for another installment! I’ve had many highs and lows when it comes to art, but recently I’ve been reading through a lot of old fanfiction of mine and have become a bit inspired to start writing again. :slight_smile: I’m actually going to try to write something this afternoon (may/may not be Psyche, though).

Thanks for continuing to stick by me even though stuff doesn’t seem to get done very fast in the writing department. :laughing: Some days I’m a writing machine, churning out page after page of writing within a few hours’ time, and other days I can’t even think of the stories that need to be finished without uttering a groan. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s just little artistic stages that I go through regularly, and hopefully I’ll be beginning to once again overcome writer’s block slowly but surely, and soon. :wink:

little chef

littlechef: Don’t worry, we’re all very excited, but I’m sure I speak for all us fellow fanfic authors when I say I know how you feel. So just try to live a good, fun life, and when you get inspired, the inspiration will go to excellent use!

Hang in there, you’re doing a fabulous job just being you. :smiley:

I agree with her. We’ll all be patiently waiting. :wink:

Hey, it is Skywalker from the WALL-E Forum.

Wow, why did I not notice this before?! I did not realize you were so far into writing this story.

Well, I will be waiting. I will have more to say later about this story when I find the time. The storyline has put me for quite a ride.

Welcome Skywalker! :smiley:

Hey, Skywalker! waves

I just read the whole story! I stayed up all night reading it! (Well, I didn’t reply when I finished because I was so tired! XD) But please do continue, I really wanna know what happens! :wink:

Wow, what a story! I’ve been reading this for the last couple of days and can’t draw myself away from it. I must admit, whenever I watch WALL.E now I can’t see any of the characters in the same way (in a good way). I patiently await your next installment- it will be amazing! :slight_smile: