"Pun of a Witch" [NEW!] - The Art of TDIT (Non-Pixar)

I would say they’re Nic, from The Kids are all Right and Nina from Black Swan.

I really like that Rango drawing! Awesome, makes me wanna see the film even more now.

I love the combination of traditional line-art and digital colouring, too. Looks really nice. :smiley:

Just skimmed your non-Pixar art. My favorite would DEFINITELY be the HTTYD/Avatar crossover, even despite I haven’t seen the latter. :laughing:

O.M.G. So sorry for the late reply guys, y’all are too awesome.

Leirin: I can’t remember if you mentioned if you liked Rango, but I hope you did! Thanks for the comment. :slight_smile:

IV: The girl in glasses on the left is Annette Bening as Nic from ‘The Kids Are All Right’, and the girl in the tutu on the right is Natalie Portman as Nina from ‘Black Swan’. Both films featured lesbian pairings, so I ‘shipped’ these two together for the purpose of this montage. :wink:

EJE: Haha, I read your comment last year, but it’s nice to look back on it and realise you enjoyed the movie since then. :smiley:

SoA: That’s right! :mrgreen:

Badger: I think you enjoyed the film? Anyway, yeah, most of my drawings are done in traditional line-art, and then digitally coloured in. I’m just repeating whatever you said, am I? :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, thanks for the compliment!

SgtYayap: You should really watch Avatar! Its story is predictable (but no less moving) and it’s one of my favourite films of all-time.

So it’s been months since my last drawing. To celebrate the recent Derpy Day, here’s my very first MLP drawing! And fitting too, since she’s my favourite background pony. :wink:

dA link Please fave and comment if you liked it, if you didn’t, I’d love to hear your critique! <3

Welp, I’m kinda belated on this one, but better late than never, right?

I’ve been a fan of Sibsy ever since I discovered her back in her Cars-fanart-drawing days. Then I was delighted to learn she was drawing Cars and Darkwing Duck for Boom Studios. And THEN she goes on to become a storyboard artist for one of the best shows on television at the moment.

I am very envious.

So this is my little birthday tribute to her awesome OC, Wild Fire. Keep up the good work, girl!

Screw the hooficures, I’ve got a bike! :slight_smile:

P.S. If you like this, send a link to Equestria Daily at Submit@equestriadaily.com

Maybe if enough people like it, you might help me get featured on Drawfriend! :wink:

dA link - thedriveintheatre.deviantart.com … -304496494

very cool! I’d like to see this happen in the show :slight_smile:

Ha! If only… I’d be the happiest man on earth! :slight_smile: Thanks for your comment, lennonluvr9!

Click to view Brain Candy on the We Love Fine website!

View on deviantART

“For a treat that’s neat and oh-so-sweet, try some Brain Candy!”

Hi guys, I’ve entered my first We Love Fine competition - My Favourite Pony Design Contest: Twilight Sparkle. This is my submission, if you like it and want this as a We Love Fine T-shirt, do rate it and tell all your friends and family to vote for my design!

And can I just say, I’m floored by the other amazing entries I’m going up against. It’d indeed a true honour to be competing among the best pony artists in the business, not to mention the great and powerful Tara Strong will look at my artwork! Even if I don’t win, just knowing that she’s seen something I’ve drawn is a prize in itself.

Voting starts on 27th of July, so mark that date if you want to give me a hand, or hoof. And thank you for reading this! :slight_smile:

Saudade (Brazilian Portuguese: [sawˈdadi]; plural saudades) is a Portuguese word that has no direct translation in English. It describes a deep emotional state of nostalgic longing for an absent something or someone that one loves. Moreover, it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing will never return.

• Bell A.F. (1912) In Portugal

I needed an excuse to pick up drawing again, and what better one than to make a (one-week belated) birthday gift for a friend? I’ve always been drawing humorous (or at least, I’d like to think so) crossover pieces, and while this is in the same vein, I wanted to add some pathos to it too.

Or as Walt Disney once said: “For every laugh, there should be a tear.”

Oh man, I feel so awful doing this to Blu, haha. Happy 21st, Kenzie/ellie-jessie-eve!

DeviantART link
Comments and Critiques welcome!

Awwwww pooor Blu!!!

idk if you know how much I adore this! I was all smiles when I saw this, what a great crossover idea! And that you made it for me too! :blush: thank you so much Andre! This means a lot. I love it!

You know, I was actually surprised nobody had drawn something like this before, what with them both being macaws in Rio de Janeiro. x3 It’s very cool the way you’ve drawn it, I dig your traditional style, but oh my goodness, poor Blu. D:

Sorry I haven’t been commenting a lot! I still love seeing your work though!

EJE: Heehee, I wanted to try some dark humour for a change! Most of my artpieces are kinda boring and involve plonking characters from different universes without telling a real story, so this is my attempt at drawing out (pun intended) some emotional response from the viewer. I hope to continue this with my future work! :slight_smile:

De nada, I’m so happy you like it! I hope you had a great one.

Badger: Thanks! I also found it hard to believe no one had thought of this yet, seeing how the Internet is quick to come up with all sorts of crossovers and crack pairings. Jose is more of a “funny animal” with his human-like gait and clothes, while the birds in Rio are more naturalistic (although they can bend their feathers like fingers and do all kinds of Looney Tunes stances). So it was interesting to shrink Jose and ship him with Blu’s sweetheart!

And yes, it’s been a while since you critiqued my work, eh? Haha. But you’re more hardworking than me, so it’s only natural that I end up commenting more on your pieces. Thanks for your comment!

Inspired by a true story (No, I didn’t really breakdance in the newsroom, I would’ve twisted my back).

It’s official: I’m going to Bronycon! After missing out on last year’s one in New York, I promised myself I would attend this year’s. The guest list is not as stellar, but I do hope to get a few autographs and meet some of my favourite fan artists.

If anyone lives in Baltimore or is going to the convention as well, hook me up! I could do with some con buddies.

Oh, and this is my very first non-fanart piece. Yay.

View high-res version on deviantART

Why were Stuart and Dave at the movie outing? Cos’ comedy potential. :slight_smile:

This is a birthday gift to the super-fabulous artist and fellow animation fan Mitch. She’s on a Despicable roll lately, and her Minion doodles pretty much made me want to draw… at 1 in the freakin’ morning! mock pout

So I figured I’d try another comic, this time with proper frames and a title box. All the characters except Twilight are my first attempts.

Oh, and no, I haven’t seen Equestria Girls yet. I plan to see it when it arrives in Singapore cinemas and support Hasbro and The Hub.

Hope you had a great one, Mitch! Keep on inspiring people to create art at unholy hours! :smiley:

Happy Halloween!