PV's fan art ~~=oP

I certainly can!

After I sketch everything out, I ink over it

on bristol board while using a light table. Then I scan the drawing in and color it with Photoshop

CS.

Any Photoshop program is gonna be expensive, but it’s one of the best tools you can have as an

artist. It’s sooo worth it.

~~=oP

Ok, cool I’m not really the an artist who has those resources like a bristol board and a light table :frowning: But I have had my sights on Photoshop 4 a while (trust me I know it’s expensive). Luckily I have this avaliable at school and plan on taking graphic art classes to get more familiar with it! :smiley: I’m really looking forward to that seeing this will help my artwork live a little more with some color to it. Thanks :slight_smile:

Bristol board is very cheap. I think I can get 2 pads for about $10.
Light tables are not so cheap. Heheh. Mine was about $35, but it’s only a 10X12. I’d like to get a bigger size eventually, but it runs about $80. And you won’t find any of this stuff at Wal-Mart or somewhere similar. You want to go to a good arts and crafts store. I get all my art supplies from Pat Catan’s. Hobby Lobby is good too, but I go there mostly for art portfolios that I can keep my inkings in (that’s what I called my inked drawings).
And about Photoshop 4…I know you have your sights set on that version of Photoshop, but because of the cost, I’d try to save up to buy the latest version, or maybe the one before that, which is what I have. If you get 4, you’re not going to have nearly as many tools and options as the most recent version. For now, you could practice with 4 at school and gain experience with it. Then later on if you purchase, let’s say CS, you can transfer over to it with no trouble. But that’s my opinion. :wink:

~~=oP

What can I say? I was in a mood. ;-p

~~=oP

Geez, I wound up with an older computer with Photoshop 6 on it at work last week while I’m used to CS2… I couldn’t believe I once managed without all the lovely extras! XD

Ok, first off I’m sorry about the confusion but when I said “Photoshop 4…” I meant “Photoshop for” :wink: I have a habit of using numbers in replace of sound alikes to save typing time. 8D But yeah I have Photoshop CS and ImageReady at my school. As far as those supplies, where I live I really don’t have stores that carrry allota “art specific” supplies like that :frowning: I probably have my best chance online. On top of that I really don’t know how to “ink” it’s just been a pencil and paper 4(for) me. The only thing I do have is a caligraphy pen. I don’t know if it’s a stupid idea but do you think this could sub?

LOL! I see. Well, it’s good that you have CS to play around with. I guess CS2 would be better in some ways, but I’ve used it and I can’t tell the difference. I dunno about the calligraphy pen. Certain pens and markers tend to bleed. That’s why I no longer use the really thin Sharpies to ink anymore. I have these Faber-Castell Indian ink pens that work wonders. They dry fast, they don’t bleed, and they come with 4 different tips so you can have varied strokes.

I know! I was stuck with 7 at home before I got CS. And I had been working with CS before 7, so it was kind of a drag.

~~=oP

Here’s something for all the Violet fans out there, and I know there’s lots of 'em! :wink:

~~=oP

The cal pen gives me no problems. :wink: I’ve had this favorite dark inked pen that I used to use too. Maybe I can show you some old work I did with that to show you what it looked like. :slight_smile: and yea while I’m waiting to take the actual graphic arts class I play around with Photoshop in some of my free time. Love your art PV! how long have you been drawing? As an aspiring animator :mrgreen: , I’ve been working on facial expressions, any tips?

Thanks, Pixfan! Sure! You can start a new thread here in the fan art section. I’ll take a look at your stuff. :slight_smile:

I’ve been drawing for as long as I can remember. I started out drawing stuff from cartoons on TV and out of books, but then I began to doodle my own characters. I didn’t really get serious about it until I was in middle school.
My mom gave me my first 2 cartooning books that really helped. I now have an entire collection of drawing books. They’re so great for reference.

If I were you, I’d try to hook myself up with a few good drawings books. I can give you links to some good ones that I have.But don’t just rely on books. Try drawing from life, too. And hey, you can always watch animated movies for help every now and then. :wink:

~~=oP

Here’s Syndrome, and he doesn’t look impressed with something. He hasn’t been fully sketched because I drew him last night and got too tired and lazy. Haha.

~~=oP

I saw the Violet pic and all I can say is what an incredible job you did. Nice work. I wish I could draw like that.

Another great pic PV :wink: I’m having problems getting my pictures up here, can you help? :confused: The sooner the better. :mrgreen:

Thanks, guys! :smiley:

Here’s Rick Dicker because nobody ever draws him.

And Pixfan, all of my art is on deviantART, but I use Photobucket.com to store anything I want to show on here. It’s free to sign up, and once you have an account, all you have to do is download your pictures from your computer. Then there will be 3 different codes below each one. Use the IMG one. :wink:

~~=oP

Thanks PV well here’s a pic of the one and only PT Flea! I actually paused my DVD and drew it from the screen! It’s kinda old though but a little quick sketch, then I went over it with that ink pen I was talkin about earlier. My first and only pic of him too. :mrgreen: Tell me what you think!

Nice sketch! Not bad for a first time. But for everything else you’d like to post, I’m just asking that you start your own thread. :wink:

Keep it up! Practice makes perfect.

~~=oP

Haha, love the Rick Dicker pic, PV! I think that may well be the first piece of Rick Dicker fna art in existence. :wink:

Wow, so much good art!

Thank you!

You are absolutely right, unless I’ve missed it somewhere. I doubt it. ^^

~~=oP

I drew this because Dash has a tendency to drift off to sleep while we’re chatting. Right, Dashy?

^__~

Dash has an Iron Giant plushie. I’ve been watching that movie a lot lately, so…there ya go. :stuck_out_tongue:

~~=oP