Rango

Thanks for the link, tribefan! :slight_smile:

I don’t really know whether to laugh or cry for the Armadillo. :neutral_face:

The theme song is really epic. It truly does evoke that spaghetti Western feeling, even though the protagonist is obviously the furthest from being a cowboy hero. But I love it!

“Rango does the tango…”

The Super Bowl ad is now up
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJyyjaAe9O8

Thansk for sharing this link! I thought it was very funny.

Wow, it really does look epic. :open_mouth:

But Madre de Dios, they ruined the conclusion with that ‘grasshopper jumping’ sound effect. What’s up widdat? :laughing:

Yeah, they did the same thing with the exaggerated gulping/biting sounds in How to Train Your Dragon’s trailer and the slide whistle for Potato Head’s arm in Toy Story 3’s. For some reason marketers think they have to put some sort of cartoonish sound effect in every movie ad aimed at kids.

Hmm, I saw posters of this but the silliness of it (and the Nickelodeon logo) scared me off. I just took the time to watch the trailer though, and I gotta say… I’m impressed.

At least the animation looks smooth. I guess this will be a funny pass time before Rio comes out. If cash is no object (and it very likely won’t be) then I’ll head over to the local theater when it’s released to watch it. :slight_smile:

Y’all might wanna head on down to the official site, which has gone through a revamp. You can now enter the Town of Dirt (charming name) and explore the various landmarks and meet the characters, kind of like a point-and-click adventure on the Internet!

So far, I’ve met the toad who plays ‘Go Fish’, but I’ll come back with more stuff I find once I’ve given it a thorough look-through. If you just want to navigate to the individual sections, click the ‘Take Me To…’ signboard at the bottom left-hand corner. :wink:

rangomovie.com/

Haha, coolest name for a town!

A new clip is out
comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74074

“I’ll strangle your huevos” :laughing:

Man, that’s one ugly but smart bird. I am going to try to see this movie the night it comes out.

Yay for new stuff on the site, and a new clip! I can’t wait to get off work and check these out. I’m all too excited for this film. Which might be bad because then there’s a chance of disappointment. Crossing my fingers that my own hype for this film won’t lead to me letting myself down when it’s not as fantastic as I think it’ll be. …Still, high hopes. Seriously going home and seeing these new things are gonna be the highlight of my day.

Everything looks good so far.

For the first half or so of the trailer I was really on the fence, but it picked up. And I must say, it looks seriously good. :open_mouth: I am quite impressed by the CGI. Looks like they’re really doing something different with this movie. I approve of them for choosing animals not generally thought of as “cute” or “cuddly”, or making them appear that way. I hope it can find an audience.

Definitely not cuddly. So off beat, the humor matches the animation and the entire feel I am digging so much. But you’re right, it’s not going to appeal to everyone the way a more fluffy and open arms animated movie tries to do. It’ll be interesting to see how it does, I wish it the best because right now I have such high hopes as far as my liking of it. After seeing the new “You’re funny lookin” “Beans” and “Glass bottle” clips I can’t imagine I could possible be any more excited for this film.

Now that the premiere’s happened it’s getting hard to avoid keep away from tell-all reviews… But what I’ve read is all good so far!

Gosh darn that rattlesnake is awesome. Usually I dislike it when animated films use snakes as villains, but this is the kind of villain that is awesome for some reason. I don’t mind my favorite species being evil if they’re portrayed in a cool manner. You know, King K. Rool, Honker the skunk, etc, etc…

Could live without the toilet humor though.

(How coincidental, I was listening the Pirates of the Carribean soundtrack just ten minutes ago. xD)

I’m actually super excited for this.
The plot seems pretty solid, the animation looks good, and I love Johnny Depp and Abigail Breslin.
:smiley:
And I love that you can enter the town of Dirt on the site. ;-p

@Badger:
Any species can be evil or good (or cool)… For example, the owls in LotG are the good crowd and heroes, but more occasionally the owl is a symbol of evil. Quote:
“Owls have been associated with death and misfortune, likely due to their nocturnal activity and common screeching call. However, owls have also been associated with wisdom and prosperity, frequently being depicted as companion animals for goddesses.”

The snake in Kung Fu Panda is a kungfu master and in fact one of the heroes of the tale…

Some stories star wolves in a good way, others portray them as being evil…

Imo whether a certain species can play the role of ‘good’ or ‘evil’ depends on the context. For example: with a story about field mice it’s perfectly justified to introduce an owl as a villain, because it’s planning to eat them or something…

So yeah… Thread derailing for the win!? :smiley:

Don’t recall seeing/hearing this before…sorry if it’s a repeat:

filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … k-preview/

Keeps looking good!

Thanks for that link JustSteve! That clip was fantastic, I’m so psyched for this movie.

[quote:25w3hixt]A new clip is out

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74074[/quote:25w3hixt]

Strangely enough, I find myself rooting for the hawk. She certainly has a ‘force-of-nature-menace’ charm like Jaws. With wings.

Badger and Czarine, I love reading your opinions on good/bad guy animal archetypes. And I agree. I loved LOTG because it had snakes as good guys for once, and KFP for Master Viper, and PATF for Louie the gator, and any film which bucks conventional stereotypes for that matter. But if you want to use a well-worn trope, you have to make it good. And [i:25w3hixt]madre de dios[/i:25w3hixt], that rattlesnake baddie looks [i:25w3hixt]good[/i:25w3hixt]!

Though if you check out the site, there’s a hint that there’s a bigger villain than the rattlesnake, who is just a henchman.

Thanks for the link, JustSteve. I really love the soundtrack so far. The shot where one of the elf owls plays the guitar solo was actually revealed a few months ago back when the website was first launched (I remember a few pages back I mentioned that if you strum the guitar on the main page, he’ll appear). :)

New TV spots, footage clips, and a B-Roll!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdtovDi6sGk&feature=related:25w3hixt]TV spot 1[/url:25w3hixt]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w5LZX6CVt0&feature=related:25w3hixt]TV spot 2[/url:25w3hixt]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fDn6H-NpmY&feature=related:25w3hixt]‘Tough’ TV spot[/url:25w3hixt]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zubZkRYjCAQ&feature=related:25w3hixt]Three New Clips[/url:25w3hixt] (In Italian)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL9k7epEtaU:25w3hixt]B-Roll[/url:25w3hixt]

Plus, the guy everyone hates (except for pre-teen girls and mums) crashes the Rango press conference to promote his own movie. How sweet. :-\

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELPRHTCwslQ&feature=related:25w3hixt]Justin Bieber Crashes "Rango" Press Conference & Meets Johnny Depp[/url:25w3hixt]