Sensors
	Audio. . .		[b]PASS[/b]
	Climate. . .		[b]PASS[/b]
	Tactile. . .		[b]PASS[/b]
	Video(L). . .	[b]PASS[/b]
	Video(R). . .	[b]PASS[/b]
Comm. . .			[b]PASS[/b]
Neural Network. . .	[b]CHECKSUM FAILURE[/b]

Data fault detected in Neural Network. Performing purge of corrupt heuristics. Purge completed, executing restore from back-up storage. Network reconstitution estimated in (20) minutes.

Passing temporary control of Unit 131455-B0029 to emergency CPU.

WALL-E Unit 131455-B0029 is on-line. Execute Primary Directive

Back-Up Restore: 10%

Tactile sensors are reporting a restraint has clamped onto left limb.

Power Surge Detected! Compensating. . . estore: 100%

Neural Network reconstituting. . .

Neural Network status: READY

Neural Network resuming command of WALL-E Unit 131455-B0029

[i]Holding hands is good. I would like to hold hands with EVE Unit T-1138HX someday, if she would let me.

Hmm, that’s strange. There is a discrepancy in my chronometer, I seem to be missing a couple hundred ticks. How did I get back on Earth? I don’t remember leaving the Axiom. Where is EVE Unit T-1138HX, is that her in front of me?[/i]

“Evaah?”

It is her, and she’s. . . holding hands with me!

“Evaah!”

Edited. I added a spoiler warning to the beginning of your post. – Mitch

That was great! :smiley: I loved the T1138-X part. :laughing: But it all sounded so realistic. It’s like i was listening to a friendly Blue Screen of Death. :smiley:

Wow. What an interesting, first-person view… I love the way you described this incident. Very touching. Nice work!

Ha-ha. “Unit T-1138HX”. :smiley:

Note: You may want to forewarn your readers that spoilers are included in your story. Just a “heads up”!

– Mitch

Wow great wat to start where the movie ended…is there more cuz if there is reader here.

Wow, the beginning seemed so…robotic (in a good way). Wall-E’s thoughts are expressed well; I guess he’s not a robot of few words after all. Good job. :slight_smile: Is there more, though?

Nope. Reboot is simply a look at WALL-E’s internals during that moment by his truck at the end of the film. What I’ve written and posted stands on its own.

aww…you mean its over?

oh well it was really good.

Well done…

ChrisBradford - I hope you don’t mind, but I added a “spoiler warning” tag to the beginning of your first post. It is possible that some users and visitors of this forum board have not yet seen the film (WALL-E), hence the fore-warning.

My apologies for adding the tag, but I wouldn’t want any spoiler content to ruin any fellow members’ theatrical experience. :wink:

– Mitch

That little story is awesome, ChrisBradford! =)

How did you come up with the idea to write WALL•E internal dialogue like that? That’s very clever. I like the contradiction between the robotic-ness of his dialogue and the him wanting to want to hold EVE’s hand. Well done.

( Sorry for the delay in replying.)
I’ve worked with computers before, and I thought it logical that there would be at least three layers of redundancy in WALL-E’s design. If the neural network is incapacitated in some way, I’m sure that some hard-wired programming would take charge during the emergency.

His dialog is in two parts, the first represents the self-diagnostics program, and the second is his re-configured neural net.

This is one of my favorite stories. It’s so original. The geekiness of it is so delicious, haha. Awesome job.

Over so soon? Do you think you could write more? :question: :smiley: :question:

Ooh, clever idea! I’ve never seen somebody fit a robot’s thought process this steadfast and still have it so easy to comprehend.That’s hard to do. ^^