Sensors
	Audio. . .		[b]PASS[/b]
	Climate. . .		[b]PASS[/b]
	Tactile. . .		[b]PASS[/b]
	Video(L). . .	[b]PASS[/b]
	Video(R). . .	[b]PASS[/b]
Comm. . .			[b]PASS[/b]
Neural Network. . .	[b]CHECKSUM FAILURE[/b]

Data fault detected in Neural Network. Performing purge of corrupt heuristics. Purge completed, executing restore from back-up storage. Network reconstitution estimated in (20) minutes.

Passing temporary control of Unit 131455-B0029 to emergency CPU.

WALL-E Unit 131455-B0029 is on-line. Execute Primary Directive

Back-Up Restore: 10%

Tactile sensors are reporting a restraint has clamped onto left limb.

Power Surge Detected! Compensating. . . estore: 100%

Neural Network reconstituting. . .

Neural Network status: READY

Neural Network resuming command of WALL-E Unit 131455-B0029

[i]Holding hands is good. I would like to hold hands with EVE Unit T-1138HX someday, if she would let me.

Hmm, thatā€™s strange. There is a discrepancy in my chronometer, I seem to be missing a couple hundred ticks. How did I get back on Earth? I donā€™t remember leaving the Axiom. Where is EVE Unit T-1138HX, is that her in front of me?[/i]

ā€œEvaah?ā€

It is her, and sheā€™s. . . holding hands with me!

ā€œEvaah!ā€

Edited. I added a spoiler warning to the beginning of your post. ā€“ Mitch

That was great! :smiley: I loved the T1138-X part. :laughing: But it all sounded so realistic. Itā€™s like i was listening to a friendly Blue Screen of Death. :smiley:

Wow. What an interesting, first-person viewā€¦ I love the way you described this incident. Very touching. Nice work!

Ha-ha. ā€œUnit T-1138HXā€. :smiley:

Note: You may want to forewarn your readers that spoilers are included in your story. Just a ā€œheads upā€!

ā€“ Mitch

Wow great wat to start where the movie endedā€¦is there more cuz if there is reader here.

Wow, the beginning seemed soā€¦robotic (in a good way). Wall-Eā€™s thoughts are expressed well; I guess heā€™s not a robot of few words after all. Good job. :slight_smile: Is there more, though?

Nope. Reboot is simply a look at WALL-Eā€™s internals during that moment by his truck at the end of the film. What Iā€™ve written and posted stands on its own.

awwā€¦you mean its over?

oh well it was really good.

Well doneā€¦

ChrisBradford - I hope you donā€™t mind, but I added a ā€œspoiler warningā€ tag to the beginning of your first post. It is possible that some users and visitors of this forum board have not yet seen the film (WALL-E), hence the fore-warning.

My apologies for adding the tag, but I wouldnā€™t want any spoiler content to ruin any fellow membersā€™ theatrical experience. :wink:

ā€“ Mitch

That little story is awesome, ChrisBradford! =)

How did you come up with the idea to write WALLā€¢E internal dialogue like that? Thatā€™s very clever. I like the contradiction between the robotic-ness of his dialogue and the him wanting to want to hold EVEā€™s hand. Well done.

( Sorry for the delay in replying.)
Iā€™ve worked with computers before, and I thought it logical that there would be at least three layers of redundancy in WALL-Eā€™s design. If the neural network is incapacitated in some way, Iā€™m sure that some hard-wired programming would take charge during the emergency.

His dialog is in two parts, the first represents the self-diagnostics program, and the second is his re-configured neural net.

This is one of my favorite stories. Itā€™s so original. The geekiness of it is so delicious, haha. Awesome job.

Over so soon? Do you think you could write more? :question: :smiley: :question:

Ooh, clever idea! Iā€™ve never seen somebody fit a robotā€™s thought process this steadfast and still have it so easy to comprehend.Thatā€™s hard to do. ^^