Reboot Ralph

I am perfectly aware of everything you said, but I’d like to point out that Disney didn’t say they were never going to do a princess movie again, they said there were none being worked on at the moment. However, just because they are now gearing more towards boys in no way means they are gearing only towards boys. To say that they no longer want a girl audience at ALL is ludicrous; why would they want to completely alienate half their market like that? That would just be silly.

I’m sure that, like Treasure Planet, Bolt, Atlantis, and yes, The Black Calderon there will be a strong female lead for the girls to enjoy, and she will be given a decent amount of marketing. 'Cause hey, girls see movies too. Even if it does mean milking one of their child stars like Bolt did Miley Cyrus.

By the way, Mars Needs Moms was not made by Disney Animation, but another company they own. That’s like saying Pixar movies are produced by Disney.

There’s going to be a spy kids 4?

No, what I think he means is a plot similar to Spy Kids 3D, where the kids got trapped in a video game or something. It was dumb. Really dumb.

The film current name has been changed to WRECK IT RALPH, and there is also an official logo:

I kinda got mixed opinions about this movie right now. We haven’t gotten much info about it of course, but I’m kinda neutral about it. The plot seems like rehashed versions of Despicable Me and Megamind which I don’t like. The voice talent so far is ok. I mean, John C. Reilly isn’t that bad of an actor. Like I said about Brave, I think it’s still early on in the game to determine if this will be good or bad. Maybe when we get a trailer or some concept art, I could judge for myself.

@Johnny_ Boy and Rac_Rules, yeah, I did mean Spy Kids 3D haha. Which was, as Rac said, very poorly done. Sorry, I was getting confused because I had just seen something about Spy Kids 4 coming out when I wrote that. They are actually making one. It’s due out this summer. I Wikipedia’d it to check, and apparently 4 is going to have 3D as well as “Aromascope,” aka scratch and sniff cards 8D

My point being- it’s really easy to make an obnoxious video game movie. Especially if the 3D is not used subtly. If Disney steers clear of this, Wreck-It may have a shot.

Info from D23: [url]Disney's Wreck-It Ralph footage promises a hilarious journey into old-school video games

From what I heard at D23 this is actually sounding pretty cool.

It’s nice to see Disney do a movie about video games but I don’t like the plot. It’ll probably be the first thing that the critics will dislike about this movie.

Here’s a video of someone playing the arcade game they had at D23: [url]Wreck it Ralph D23 Expo 2011 Review - YouTube

I love how almost all the films you’ve mentioned are good or not targeted specifically at boys. :laughing: