Riddles!

I get this feeling that this “Love” character might not be a human at all, but maybe something else.

Taku, this one’s rather puzzling. But, considering this is a riddle from a Sunday School Teacher, it shouldn’t be as complex as it seems.

First of all, if the term ‘Love’ is referring to his wife under the same name, then the riddle hints that the wife is under somewhere we stand upon, implicated by the term, ‘stand.’ In this case, it means that the wife is buried somewhere, and maybe the man threw his wife into the dug hole very quickly. This is further proven by the third verse which implicated that the man had perception of his wife but the same could not be said for his wife. Then again, that could just mean that the wife was blindfolded or - the more obvious fact, she was dead, and the dead can’t see.

The verse I don’t understand is
Love I hold fast in my hand.

I was thinking that maybe the ‘fast’ was referring to a fastened knot or a similar object, but then, as I stated, it should not be that complex. Regardless, this hinted that the man came in little contact with his wife, ignoring the method he used in killing her.

Then, there’s the other possibility mentioned by The Star Swordsman; Love be a non-human entity. Of course, that is to say that the riddle be mixed with metaphorical elements, as in the sense that ‘Love’ represents the compassionate feeling from or for his wife.

If the case be the latter one, then it could mean that his wife ‘loves’ where he sit and stand, and from those positions, he was able to hold something and, he was able to see his wife but she couldn’t do the same.

Sigh. In the end, I still don’t get what the second verse means. Looks like it will be a while before anyone solves this. Well, if this riddle passes a considerate amount of time without being solved, then you might as well reveal the answer as I did, Haystack. :wink:

I’ll bet the koko sen tantei would had been able to solve this in an instant… :laughing:

Well, let me see if i can break it down.

THe first line, the sit and stand first made me think of a chair. But then, it is a living thing, so it must be something that can sit as well as stand (maybe on it two hind legs instead of actual human legs).

The second line suggests that the man holds Love in his had, for somthing to do with his hand.

THe third line suggests that he can see Love (maybe from his hand) every day, but since Love is supposedly dead, she can’t see him. So what can you see on your hand, but it can’t see you? Maybe a mole or finger nail, or a glove.

THat’s all I got for now.

In the end, TSS came closest to the answer. The answer to the riddle is [spoil]he made a rocking-chair out of her bones.[/spoil] Creepy, huh?

Haystack

Taku, what does that have to do with the man holding ‘Love’ fast in his hand? :\

Ah, well, next riddle!

Well, when you stand up from a chair, you tend to grip the armrests to help you up. Yeah, my SS teacher had to explain it to us, too. :unamused:

Um, why do you keep on calling me Taku? :confused:

Haystack

Iie, if I am to assume that the man be an old man due to him, well, using a rocking chair and you claiming that he needs help getting up when sitting down, then he would need to grab the armrests longer as it would require the exertion of a good amount of energy, unless you claim that he manages to get up without holding the armrest for long, which is unlikely because then it would mean he barely needs their assist at all.

Basically, it might not had been ‘slow’ but it would not be ‘fast’ either.

Oh, and “taku” is just a Japanese word for expressing annoyance. :laughing: Like, “meh,” or “aw man.” And “iie” is “no” in Japanese (not calling you a liar in my first sentence…).

I have a riddle. Anyone want to hear it or do you all want someone else to give one?

Sure go ahead…

If you satisfy my hunger, I shall grow.
If you quench my thirst, I shall shrink.

Fire.

It grows when it engulfs.
It shrivels when watered.

If I am wrong, please give more clues, please. :stuck_out_tongue:

You got it right there WBoon. :smiley:

Alright, here’s a simple murder case I told my classmates about. They didn’t manage to solve it, but they found it to be intriguing as well.

And don’t worry, this one will be a shorter one compared to the last ‘case.’

On a plane, a young actress, Jodie Ellsworth, boarded a private jet to New York with some of her close acquaintances. On the way, she was sitting beside Inspector Aaron (Yay! Reoccurring characters!) who was invited on the trip as an appreciation for solving the last case which her son, Sager Paten was involved in. Her make-up artist, Rachel Doze, was sitting directly behind her, while her personal secretary, Maria Stone, was sitting diagonally to the left behind her (to the left of the make-up artist).

Others sitting near Miss Ellsworth were the Inspector’s daughter, Serena Russo, sitting directly behind Rachel Doze, Starker Johnson, a wealthy businessman sitting to the right of Ms Ellsworth with a walkway separating them, and Gopher Torey, Ms Ellsworth’s close friend sitting to the right of Mr Johnson.

As the trip went on, Ms Ellsworth suddenly excused herself to the restroom for about a minute before returning to her seat. Not long after, the passengers were offered a piece of chocolate each. Everyone ate them delightfully, even Ms Ellsworth who found her piece to be ‘finger-licking good.’

Nevertheless…

Some time later, Ms Ellsworth was found… dead. She collapsed from her seat, ceased to be breathing anymore.

How did she die and who was the culprit?

She died of poison and the culprit was the makup designer who poisoned her fingers so that when she ate the cake it entered into her stomach and poisoned her.

It was Rachel Doze!

Hah… very close, Al-Bob, but keep trying. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, it’s a piece of chocolate, not a piece of cake. :stuck_out_tongue: