Rio (2011)

So, they showed the trailer in front ‘Despicable Me’ last night…

I wish I was in my cage… with my mirror… and my little bell…*

I’m lovin’ this for sure. Eh, plot line may have been used before… blah, blah… but everything about it looks refreshing and new… and all the colors! Haven’t seen anything this colorful that wasn’t a Pixar film. It’s got a great cast, good power behind it, I can’t wait to see what else is in store for us in the upcoming year :slight_smile:

[size=84]* May not be exact xP[/size]

I’m real excited too, thewisecookiesheet. Finally, something cool that isn’t a sequel, snarky, or made by Pixar (as much as I love Pixar)! And it’s set in an exotic locale! How many films are set in Rio (well, besides Cicade de Deus and Ratatoiing that is)?

I’m liking the characters already, and that just from my first impression (something Pixar does effortlessly with their teasers!). :slight_smile:

Has anyone seen the live-action film Paulie? Just like to point out that it’s much closer in resemblance than Newt, Alpha & Omega, etc.

I’m excited to see successful looking films that don’t come from Pixar, like a successful chef: Not everyone can be a great chef, but a great chef can come from anywhere. :smiley: I like to apply that to animated films as well.

So, I should check out Paulie, then? I’ll have to see if my local video store has it, and then I hope my opinion can change about this couple-forced-together situation :wink: Because I’ve kinda become sickened by that type of romance :confused:

Yeah, I loved Ratatouille for the ‘equal-opportunity’ message too. :slight_smile:

And yes, you should check out Paulie. It is one of my childhood favourites and has some pretty touching moments. Can’t recall if Paulie has a feathered love interest, but his main sweetheart is his kind and loving owner, who he spends most of the movie trying to get back to her. :frowning: It’s a 90s film, here’s the IMDB link.

Oh, and I’m a sucker for the ‘love-hate romance’ (as long as it’s cheeky and not degrading to either party). Maybe that’s why I watch cheesy shows like NCIS and Castle… :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s the first poster for Rio.

movies.yahoo.com/photos/movie-st … tills#info[/img]

That’s a pretty nice poster ,makes me excited for April!

Daw… poor Blu. He looks like he’s gonna faint. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for character posters and taglines for Jewel (the female macaw) and Bobo (the toucan) as well!

I also found out from IMDB that Jamie Foxx, Jane Lynch and Tracy Morgan will be doing voices as well. I can’t wait to see (and hear) their characters.

Funny thing is, I can’t really recall any live-action movies I want to see next year, only animated ones like Cars 2, KFP 2, and Rango. And of course, this one.

Bring on the full-length theatrical trailer already!

You know what I like about Blue Sky’s animation? Their CGI closely resembles traditional cartoons from say, the 80’s. With their squash&stretch techniques and the way they veer more towards humor than realism.

awesomesauce 8D

And Rio looks awesome. Can’t wait to see it :smiley:

Not to mention John Powell will be doing the soundtrack!

God, I’m so obsessed with birds now. Am I alright- is this normal? :laughing:

-Volunteers with the RSPB-

Of course not! Birds are awesome!

:laughing:

I do like some of their movies. I wasn’t a huge fan of Ice Age, but I loved the sequel and Robots. I suppose I shouldn’t hesitate to watch this when it comes out.

Yay, birds! Birds are just about my favourite animals next to skunks, deer, and squirrels, among more… I love birds xD

Here’s the second poster, just in time for Thanksgiving!

It’s really just a re-composite of the first one, except they replaced his wool cap and hang-glider with a pilgrim hat and turkey tail. And I’m getting a little tired of the ribbing made at poor Blu’s expense. When are we gonna see some new character posters or a full-length trailer? :frowning:

That poster is pretty funny even though they only changed his, ahem, clothes. :laughing: Poor Blu.

I can remember some character renders a while ago. Where’d they go off to? I haven’t seen any on a Dutch animation blog I frequently visit too…

I saw this poster at the local movie theater, I like it!

You mean these?

I would really love to see those character models if you could recover or remember them, Badger. :frowning:

eje: That’s cool! I wish my cinemas were as up-to-date as America’s. :angry:

Geez, I like these character designs a lot. Movie’s been on my radar for some time now :slight_smile:

Me too, Leirin! I fell in love with the characters the moment I saw the teaser. I really am dying for a full-length trailer now, especially when I see the other voice actors like Jamie Foxx and Jane Lynch! :smiley:

New trailer:
slashfilm.com/movie-trailer-2-rio/

Gotta say I’m liking it more than I expected to. I love the pastel colors and the animation. It looks pretty cute too despite a brief appearance by the god of toilet humor. I expect it to be on the level that I found Despicable Me to be, a solid, fun movie but nothing spectacular.

Woah. I actually want to see it now. :open_mouth:

Those people look plasticy to me, though. :confused: