Scale model of house from movie UP

I don’t really have any connections or anything, but you could try contacting Pixar about it, maybe mention that you could try to find someone who could help with marketing this type of thing. Heck, you might be able to end up in a merchandising position for Disney someday, I think they look for occasional freelance modelers to do some of their merchandise, but I’m not sure. I say go for it!

EDIT: Wow, I just looked at your blueprints, and some of your other models. How the heck are you not getting payed to do this stuff? You have a ton of talent sir, really. Absolutely amazing work, and I can’t even imagine how you came up with the blueprints for the house, that’s really incredible.

I’m sure it’s not on the agenda for you, but do you ever plan on doing other Pixar-related models? Also, do you do anything other than architecture, like automobiles, or characters or anything? I know you said you’re an architect, but I was just wondering if you did any other sort of subjects for this.

Keep it up, you’ve got a great gift!

Yes I am able to do characters and cars. I did many characters as gifts to my friends in the past, but those were always one of the kind little projects, not worth mentioning on my site. I was going to start my architectural modelmaking studio, but recesion hit architects and developers so I dont even bother :slight_smile: I prefered the world of movies and animation anyways. I work as architect part time and build my own portfolio. I want it to be diverse, so you will probably see some characters soon. I guess it would be much easier to work in this area while living in usa, or even in uk, but here in ireland you cant even buy resin…I have to pay 40 euro extra for delivery of 4kg parcel from uk…
I will probably do a house from movie coraline next, then i could do house from incredibles as a nice contrast for my collection :slight_smile:
Do you have any character or automobile in mind ?

Well, anything Pixar-related would be great, but if you’ve noticed, I’ve taken a fancy to Carl. There’s already gonna be some vinyl figurines of Carl and Russell, but it’s up to you. I’d love to see Ellie done, either the 8-year old Ellie, or when she’s in her 20’s. You may have to wait until the movie comes out to get a good amount of plans done, considering she’s not in any of the trailers, and she’s even only in the movie briefly, but I love her look. Young Muntz would be cool as well.

Maybe you could do a series or something, like 1 or 2 characters from each Pixar film, that’d be really cool to see. Also, some more papercraft would be cool (with anything, not just Pixar characters) because I could attempt that stuff, I don’t think I’d have the patience to work with resin or do any serious carving work or that sort of thing, that’s out of my league. Maybe I could dip my feet into that stuff if and when I go to art school.

It’s up to you, considering it’s your hobby, but that’d be really cool for you to go out of your way to work on some of that stuff. I’ll be keeping an eye on that blog of yours!

I’ve seen vinyl figurines of Carl and Russell from hot toys and nothing can beat them. I will see if I like Ellie but release date for Ireland is 16 October!!! This country is sooo behind the world??? (and they call themself celtic tiger…)
I am doing series of victorian houses, I already have 1/3 of Coraline’s house.

I’ve got a bit of good news for you, themodelmaker- Up is actually out in the UK on the 9th of October; they moved the release date forward! :smiley:

It’s not much, but every little helps. :laughing:

And as for your future models, any Pixar characters would be amazing. The house from Coraline sounds cool, too.

I’m looking forward to whatever you’re planning, all your stuff so far is amazing, I can’t imagine working with details that small. They’re so immaculate!

Hi! for those who are waiting for photos of finished model, short info " I did it" :slight_smile: I updated my blog here: [/url] themodelmaker.net/pixar-up-scale … ying-house with fresh photos I made few hours ago. You can check it if you wish.

Oh. My. God. :open_mouth: That’s just… indescribable, themodelmaker! It’s so intricate and detailed, I swear it can pass off as a Pixar concept model!

How long did it take you to make it? :smiley: Can’t wait to see your Coraline and Incredibles house models too… :wink:

Excellent job sir. I’m short on money, so I won’t be able to start this for quite some time, but I’ll look into getting some materials when I visit the craft store for another project of mine (my costume). I may need your help with this since I’ve never really tried it before. Thanks for posting though, I love how you added the yard, it looks great! I can’t wait for more!

Wow! I’ll go with TDIT. Indescribable. I will buy it if you sell it.

I loved how he mounted the house and yard on a picture frame! :laughing: Ingenious!

I finally saw the movie this weekend and its great!!! I will definetlly go again few times more. It was special screening at 11am on Sunday at my cinema for grandfather and grand son :slight_smile: but I didnt notice any couples like that… Cinema was filled with young people and few children, I think my groundparents wouldnt appreciate animation, it would be interesting experiment to check that, but I am sure it would fail…(they think its only for children and nothing will change it :frowning: even great movie like that.
I must add the mailbox to my model, I didnt realize it was so important element of the story… and I love little version of Ellie!

themodelmaker: (You’re back :slight_smile: ) Haha, glad you like the movie, well…who doesn’t? And yeah, we like to see updates on your model-making projects!

Haha, awesome! Honestly, I think you should go for bringing your grandparents, regardless if you think they’ll like it or not, who knows, maybe you’ll surprise em. If nothing else, just ask, they might wanna go.

I’m glad you enjoyed the movie so much, lord knows I have! Haha!

You made that thing?! Ive seen it around and thought it was so awesome. Nice job! 8D

Hi! I just finished another, bigger version of Carl’s house. Its 3 times bigger. Its a dollhouse with little opening on side wall, so the living room can be furnished. It is in scale 1:48 and its more detailed than previous one. Check it here : [url]http://themodelmaker.net/victorian-dollhouse-disney-pixar-up/[/url]

I need to buy one of these from you dude. They are IMMACULATE. Holy cow,… fantastic job. I dunno if I’d be able to work on one like I said I would, but maybe someday. Just stunning. Bravo.

This is so cute! Bravo!

Wow, I am impressed! They are both very well done and the attention to detail is amazing! I am especially impressed with the small one, since it must take great patience and skill to work that small.

These are just … wow :exclamation: Easily on par with the Pixar-created model of Carl’s house that appeared somewhere in the Up making-of.