Sequel? :) or :(

Eh, there’s still one sequel I say a prayer for every night. A Finding Nemo sequel is probably the only one I wouldn’t give a chance. I’d be angy for several reasons, and most of them are most likely obvious. (It’s my least favorite, there are…others more appropriate for sequelage, and I would not see a Nemo sequel in a theater.)

One of the main problem I have with “Finding Nemo 2” is I personally have no idea how they are going to make it, decently, without falling into the same plot line as the original. Even the title itself is too specific to the original’s plot and every time I hear Finding Nemo 2 I automatically feel like adding “Here We Go Again.”

That’s also one of the reasons why I disliked Madagascar 2’s plot. They weren’t in Madagascar, so the title was null.

That’s true. It’d have to be “Losing Nemo” where Nemo goes off to college…oh wait, that’s Toy Story 3. Yeah. No sequel, [size=200]please.[/size]

Huh. You know what other connection I made about why I don’t think another Nemo should be made? The name. FINDING Nemo. Movies like Toy Story and Cars don’t imply only one mission. A Finding Nemo sequel would automatically have to be about finding Nemo again.

^Exactly.

I know that this post was made in 2007 when you would’ve only have had a chance to see the movie 48 times if you watched it twelve times a year, and you are probably no longer a member of this site, but…

Finding Nemo is about a father who has to learn to allow his son to grow up, and to let go fo the past and the fear of danger.

People need to stop saying it’s simply about a fish who loses his son. That means nothing at all.

Ellen degeneres thinks there should be!

accesspixar.blogspot.com/2011/03 … emo-2.html

Maybe if they put out little shorts about updates on the characters, it would be cool.

But that’s just me. :slight_smile: A sequel? I think it would conflict with the title of them movie, no? Either that, or they just change it to something that still has to do with the original. I don’t know. :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe the sequel, if they decide to make one, should be called “Finding Coral”? I don’t know, the beginning wasn’t really adding enough information for us to be sure that Coral and her 300 fish eggs are really dead, because who knows how long Marlin was knocked unconscious for? he might had been knocked out for at least 8 hours!

but still, they should definitely lay off the sequelizing that Pixar is getting the bad habit of, and we all know a great example of that…

Somethingguy: I’d loose so much respect for Pixar if they made a Finding Coral.

Whether you dislike the idea of a sequel for this film or not, you cannot deny that a sequel to this film would have an unbelievable box-office gross for its opening weekend.

Actually, I think I can deny that. But, if they did make a Finding Coral, I would think that a lot of money will be made. That actually sounds like a cute story to me. :slight_smile:

Finding Coral? A love story about how Marlin and Coral met? Well, as much as I’d love to see a fish love story from Pixar, I don’t know how I feel about that.

No, a story about Finding Coral. Maybe she didn’t really die and she’s lost somewhere. Maybe she lost her memory like Dory. :wink:

Dory has short-term memory lost…Coral does not. We can tell this much because Marlin finds the idea of Dory having short-term memory loss to be a joke. If he were familiar with this disorder because his wife had it, don’t you think he would have been a little more sensitive?

Also, if such a movie were made, we would lose the emotional beginning of Finding Nemo…and also, all of Marlin’s years of fearing for his son’s safety would have been wasted…not to mention, WHAT would be the point of such a movie? In Finding Nemo, Marlin needs to learn to let his son grow up and that he can’t protect him everywhere he goes. How would a film about a wife who was thought dead being found out to still be alive, and then Marlin, Dory and Nemo setting off to find her, fit in with the first film’s theme?

I’m sorry, but Finding Coral sounds like a bad direct-to-DVD Disney sequel…UNLESS it were a movie about how Marlin and Coral met.

I know Coral doesn’t. I’m saying that maybe when she was running from the fish she hit her head or the fish bashed into her in some way that knocked her brain loose.

We would lose the emotional beginning of Finding Nemo because it’s a totally different movie and the beginning is obviously not going to be the same. Other than that, Pixar is very capable of making emotional beginnings.
It would be good if his fears were wasted because who wants to hold on to fears? Certainly, no one.
The point of the movie would be exactly what the title is. You know, just like what Finding Nemo was about. Finding Coral would be about, you guessed it, Finding Coral.
It wouldn’t fit in with the first film’s theme because it’s a sequel. It’s going to be a different movie. If they were going to release the same movie, they’d release the same movie. But it’s not the same movie, so they’re not.
Monsters Inc. 2 isn’t going to follow the first one and Cars 2 will not follow the first one. Obviously there’s not problem in that or else the movies wouldn’t be thought of in the first place.

You say that the movie will be a bad direct to DVD film. What makes it bad? The fact that it’s direct to DVD? Is that a fact or is that your own opinion? There are a lot of movies that were direct to DVD, but it doesn’t mean they’re not entertaining or good. It just means that it was a side project, take it or leave it.
Besides, I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney/Pixar does do a direct to DVD with Finding Nemo or any other movie because after all, they’re making Planes. Which, I believe, will be an entertaining film. But according to what you said, it will automatically be bad because it’s straight to DVD. Many of Dreamworks’s straight to DVD movies and shorts are very funny and cute.

How would a movie called Finding Coral be about Marlin meeting Coral? Meeting again, yes. Meeting for the first time? No. However, if they did a prequel, like they’re doing with Monsters Inc., then it would make sense so long as they change the title.

I think some of the concern about direct-to-DVD has to do with whether or not it would be of lesser production or story quality than the original (because they’ve usually been known for that) and just memories of all the ones Disney had made. We haven’t seen anything of Planes yet, so it’s best to leave judgments of that until then.

I’m honestly much more concerned about when Finding Nemo will get it’s Blu-Ray release than whether or not it gets a sequel. I have a feeling we won’t see it until Andrew Stanton is finished with John Carter. Keeping up with Pixar films hasn’t been quite the same for me lately knowing that some of their top directors are off doing other things.

I am not a fan of the idea of a Finding Nemo Sequel. I would like to see a short though.

The verb “to find” does not only mean “to look for and come upon again.” In the case of the title “Finding Nemo,” it obviously did. “To find” also means “to discover.” So when I saw the fan title “Finding Coral,” I assumed that a movie about Marline meeting Coral and falling in love with her made sense, since there’d be no way to find a fish that was eaten.

The thing about Finding Coral above all else I have already said, is that it’s like fans wanting Neville Longbottom’s parents to recover their sanity. It would diminish Voldemort’s evil if something like that were allowed to be reversed, and furthermore, it would defy the laws of J.K. Rowling’s world. But most importantly of all, fans need to realize that something unhappy is vital to great stories…and Pixar is supposed to be a deliverer of great stories. Finding Coral would be like Toy Story 3 ending with the toys falling into the fire and being consumed, and then ten years later Pixar releasing Toy Story 4, which begins with the aliens saving them and the rest of the end of what is the actually Toy Story 3.

Please pick out the specific quote you’re replying to - TDIT

I rather they make a real sequel than a straight to dvd version. I think it will do better since the first one was a massive success.