Sequel? :) or :(

Finding Nemo…again >_> lol

pixarfan9099- NOES! Hopefully that’s just a precaution and not an indication to any future sequels.

What?!? :open_mouth: …and the day I read this thread of all things!

My thoughts exactly. Finding Nemo is the last Pixar film I want to see with a sequal. Don’t get me wrong, I love Finding Nemo! But one is just fine.

I have to say, out of all the Pixar films out there, this is the first on that comes to mind when you say “no sequel”. It’s finished, it’s been wrapped up. They don’t have anywhere else to go. I guess the basic idea of my post has been beaten to death on this thread…just thought I’d throw in my two cents :stuck_out_tongue:

“What would be the main addresses for any possible sequels to Finding Nemo —findingnemo2.com and findingnemo3.com— have been owned by Disney since March 2000. Yesterday’s registrations are probably only a prudent step, common in the industry, to prevent opportunists from taking over domains tied to a valuable brand.”
I’m going to say there won’t be any sequels, and that’s all it’s for.

An no, I don’t want a sequel. I don’t want a sequel for any Pixar film aside from the Incredibles, if I’m honest.

I would say no. The story rapped up perfectly, and I think that a sequel would just ruin the whole story. However, I feel like that Finding Nemo sets up for a better sequel than Monsters inc does, so if they can make that, I’m sure they could find a way to make Finding Nemo 2 work.

-sprays imaginary water at screen-

There’s a POSSIBILITY they might do it?!

NO!

FN is my 2nd favourite Pixar, and perhaps one of the very few movies its actually pretty hard to find fault in (M.I. is only my favourite because of my favourite characters and the amount of interest I have in the world and the discussion of it if I’m honest). A sequel is incredibly risky in any case, but especially for this one and like for E_G it’s one of the first which come to mind when its a Pixar which shouldn’t have a sequel at all.

But then given that Finding Nemo is STILL their highest grossing film, I’m guessing it would be easy to make a quick buck of it if they wanted to and were getting desperate for ideas.

What are they going to do if they do do it though? I almost dread to think. Decide to make fishermen dastardly moustach twirling villains or something? Do a Shark tale-ish thing where Bruce and the gang have to contend with disapproving parents over their vegetarianism?

Ugh.

Hopefully, it’s really just nothing in the end and they’re not having a sequel for this movie.

I mean I could see some interest in how Gill and the others (who’ve never been out of the tank unlike him) deal with the ocean but there’s not enough to make a movie out of from that.

I have to say, this is the one sequel from Pixar I actually want. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m happy that they might be making it :smiley:

Even though Finidng Nemo is my least favourite Pixar film. I would like to see a sequel with Nemo as a grown up teenage clownfish.

I really don’t want anymore Nemo. I wish they would just leave it alone.

As much as I would like to see a sequel to this movie, I really think it’s best that fn is left alone. Besides the words “the end” were put at the climax for a reason.

I dont want them to make sequel because the story is fine the way it is what i would like to see is a short film showing if the tank gang ever got into the ocean or if they were doomed to eternal bag floating :laughing:

^ That’s a good idea.
I would still be very disappointed to hear them announce a sequel to Finding Nemo, though.

I agree with Virginia. At least I’d like to see a few more originals after seeing Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Monsters Inc 2. We have Brave and whatever Pete Docter is supposibly working on, but I’d like to take a break from sequels!

A short film would be pretty cool
But sequel not so much :unamused:

Just curious, how exactly would a sequel even work anyways? I mean, the first was about the father going on a great journey to rescue his son and being able to find the courage to let him grow up along the way. So what would a sequel do? Would Nemo have to get kidnapped again- ie Finding Nemo 2: Nemo Gets Lost Again? With Finding Nemo I believe that it’s so vastly singular in it’s storyline, as opposed to the first Cars, Toy Story or Monsters Inc. that a sequel would be near impossible to pull off.

Actually, now that I think about it, I also have no idea how an MI2 sequel would work. They wrapped everything up so nicely that it really doesn’t leave a lot for expansion.

Yeah like pixarbuilder said nemo=no room for sequel imagine “Finding Nemo 2 Nemos Lost Again” lol only thing i see them doing further with nemo is shorts about the tank gang.

I know, right? I can’t wait for them to release more information about it. Like will Randall and Boo be in it? What will the plot be? Guess we’ll have to wait another year to find out.

I think boo will be in it if she’s not i will go crazy i must see how boo looks older i must!!! :exclamation: