Shouldn't have Pixar made "A Bug's Life 2"?

They’re also making a sequal for Monsters, Inc.
Maybe they don’t want to make sequals for resolved films, although that can be pretty wrong since Toy Story, Cars and MI were resolved and The Incredibles was perhaps not. DPA113 said some thing like Pixar only makes sequals if there’s a good story behind it in the topic about Monsters, Inc. It could also be that the sequal films (except Cars) have higher ratings.

no not really. i was satisfied by the end of A Bug’s Life.

There was/is more than enough characters to/to of created a sequel (like the Toy Stories, and unlike Wall E, it’s harder to make a remake with less lead characters - still be good though but not quite as much!!) but i guess the story ended on a high so there’s no real need to make a sequel, and it didn’t really leave the door open for a sequel, like Toy Story did. :smiley::smiley:

I so agree!!! I sort of alluded to this idea in your thread about the circus bugs via a Pixar Canada short.

A prequel film would be awsome though. Leave the ant hill and grasshoppers out and just focus on the circus bugs :smiley:

Maybe one of Rosie’s husbands could play the villain? It could be a good unifying factor to unite the group.

I agree with Wboon and Flick-E. Took the words right out of my mouth.

No. Bug’s Life is nearly the same as Toy Story 2 in brilliance and greatness, and it doesn’t need a sequel…

The Toy Story films all left the door open for a sequel. As said, the plot with Woody’s hesitation and anxiety about Andy growing up was the perfect way to continue it.

Monster’s Inc ended with the Monster World at peace, and Sulley able to see Boo again. That one beautiful, happy smile from Sulley said it all, and it doesn’t need a sequel. I really am a bit reluctant, since it was such a sweet ending, but Toy Story 3 proved Pixar won’t ruin a sequel.

A sequel to ABL seems ridiculous to me. Like Ratatouille, it’s one that’s good by itself. Leave it alone!! :smiley:

This is really random, but one time I had a dream that they made A Bug’s Life 2 and it was supposedly rated R for extremely scary and disturbing scenes, excessive amounts of blood and gore, and more. 8D It was really funny.

I think ABL is just fine the way it is. I have a problem with sequels that show up way past the time the first one was released (I admit, I was extremely cynical about TS3 when I first heard about it). I mean - look at Disney and Fox and the Hound 2 - Tod and Copper were little again. :confused: Tarzan 2… from what I heard, the second movie doesn’t even line up to it’s prequel. And how many more Cinderella movies do they need? You know what I’m sayin’? I think ABL ended perfectly well. :wink:

As much as i love a bugs life and all its characters i have to say it ended well besides if they did make a sequel what would ABL2 be with out heimlich in it and heimlich cant be in it since joe ranft passed so i say we dont need a sequel to ABL.

They’re making enough sequels. Besides, a sequel for this movie would make no sense. Even more, no one really remembers the first one. I love it, though. :smiley:

Its true no one remembers it and plus some of the cast have died so there is no point the only thing i see bugs life doing is mayb shorts with the circus bugs and thats only if they find someone who can do joe ranfts heimlich voice like he did it which i doubt they can do.

I hope they don’t make a sequel. Or if they do they do it for the right reasons. Not because they want to resurrect it, since it is usually the ‘forgotten’ movie. Unfortunetly, I like you a bug’s life!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Definitely! it would be such a great film to continiue with the story, I would love to see Flik and all of the bugs again, I still have this Hopper toy in my room

Haider, Alison :slight_smile:

Could you maybe extend on why you’d like a sequel? I wouldn’t mind one too, but I personally can’t see how they could. Perhaps you got some good ideas?

Toy Story 2- somewhat forced
Toy Story 3- 15 years, and it was a good idea
Cars 2- after John had another roadtrip
Monsters University- I’m guessing a fresh plot

A Bug’s Life 2 seems like an inexcusable sequel.

Personally I don’t want/need a sequel. It ended on a very high note, and it had a ‘The End’ title card that pretty much wrapped up everything. I would actually like to see a short, or a series of shorts detailing what happened after, but no full on sequel.

I would want a Bug’s life sequel to be a Lord of the Rings style epic quest. Start with a new main character, and set up Flik to become the wise old mentor. Most of the other old characters wouldn’t appear. Dot and Atta at the beginning before Flik and the new kid go on their quest. Possibly have Slim and Francis go on the adventure as well (Heimlich too, except I think Joe Ranft is irreplaceable, maybe have Molt fill his place in the group). All the other circus bugs wouldn’t appear, or maybe just a small cameo. And I want one of the new characters to be a bumblebee.

I’m not sure why anyone would think of bringing Hopper back…I mean he’s my favourite character in A Bug’s Life but he’s one of those characters who’s death was more concrete/obvious than most. I don’t really see how anyone could reasonably bring him back.

It could be interesting though if Hopper had had a son/daughter that we didn’t know about(I mean it’s not like we saw much of his life other than him harassing the ants). They might be able to come up with an interesting storyline if they use a son/daughter of the former villain(and I don’t mean that they would necessarily make his son or daughter a bad guy).

What I have noticed though in a lot of family movies is that they often don’t actually like to give villain characters a son or daughter for some reason. Even with the Lion King sequel…for some reason they didn’t make Kovu his actual son, despite the fact that his colouring was like Scar’s.

I wonder what’s up with that anyway. Why do they never like to give villain characters actual kids?

Not very uncommon for other characters actually! Disney has a thing about keeping their characters pure. Think Mickey’s nephews, Donald’s nephews, Minnie’s nieces. Heck, even obscure characters like Jose Carioca has two nephews- Zico and Zeca. Even the adult’s parents are never seen. We never see Donald’s parents, but his Uncle Scrooge is present. And often in these cases, Mickey, Donald, Minnie, and Jose are technically parents. They let the kids live with them, are responsible for their schooling and whatnots. Are parents in all but name.

It’s not until the past couple decades that we see characters like Ariel and Goofy parents in the biological sense.

You’re right…I never really thought about that. Weird.

What is up with that though, seriously? It’s not like it’s wrong to have kids. LOL. It’s a natural part of life, almost as much so as eating and sleeping(except those things aren’t optional and having kids is…but still).

A lot of the characters you listed though are characters that have been around for a really long time…and I guess were created back when people were really prudish?

Because now there are a lot of good guy characters that have kids…I mean in the Lion King Mufasa and Sarabi have Simba and then Simba and Nala have a kid, Kiara.

In a Bug’s Life isn’t Atta’s mom the Queen ant?

There are probably a number of other examples also these days…but villains with kids seems to be one of those roads they haven’t really crossed yet for some reason. Although I have noticed a different trend in villains lately in a lot of things…so maybe they aren’t that far off from showing them with kids. I mean, I have noticed a trend lately with a lot more villain characters that fit more into a grey area which does often come off as more realistic than the whole black and white way they used to do things where a character was either bad or good with nothing really in between.