Slinky Dog Fans, Unite!

I know, but I’m just a little disappointed that PIXAR couldn’t just let him win. I dunno, I guess my whole notion is that if they already planned that the rocket was going to be what brought the toys back to Andy, throwing in Slinky getting badly injured just seemed kind of cruel. I mean, there wasn’t a more selfless character in that film, so why shoot him in the back for trying to help?

Well, if Slinky had pulled them into the van, that would have been too easy. Then you wouldn’t have had the iconic scene of Woody and Buzz flying through the air and then having Andy realize where they were as soon as possible. Plus, Buzz needed to prove to Woody that he could fly.

I know, I know, that was arguably the best scene in the entire film too! Arrrrrgh!! Then I just wish Slinky had been able to help them some other way that didn’t involve him getting hurt, I just didn’t agree with their moral of having him fail.

I do remember in the Toy Story interactive storybook back in 1996 or something, that Slinky was successful in rescuing the toys. It didn’t have the same awesomeness as the rocket scene, but I just loved it because it ended with him being actually successful and heroic.

In the credits, when looking at Bonnie’s drawings

About Slinky Dog, he is my second favourite character in Toy Story after Woody. He was the voice of reason (well, along with Bo) in TS1 and was very helpful in 2 and 3. He is just “as loyal as any dog you could want”. And he understands Buster’s barking, that’s cool :smiley:

lizardgirl: Golly Bob Howdy is basically saying like “Wow”, “Yay”, or “Whoopie!”. It’s a phrase of excitement.

Now this is my kind of thread. :nerd:

Slinky Dog is the very first Pixar character I’ve ever loved.

Way back in 1995, when I was only 11 years old, I saw a poster of Slinky Dog at the movie theatre by my house and instantly feel in love with him on sight. Mostly becasue he was so darn cute. :smiley:

He was the very first Toy Story character I bought at Toys’R’Us that year. I still have my Slinky from when I was little.

I love how in the first film he stayed loyal to Woody and always trusted Woddy wven when the othe toys turned against him. He embodies everything a dog should have…loyalty,affection, and friendship. Slinky Dog is the Best !!!

It broke my heart when Jim Varney passed away in 2000, but Blake Clark made a great Slinky too. You know what I mean ?

Awwww I thread dedicated to Slinnnkkk! This makes me so happy. And so happy to see others having the same reaction to the creation of the thread alone as I have. I adore Slinky and his relationship with Woody and his role in Andy’s room. I don’t have much else to say that no one else has but I have to say it improves my day to come on and read comments by fellow fans.

Besides the short legs, lack of articulation, and his hole in his head can anyone else point to the inconsistencies between the current Slinky Dog toy and the real Toy Story version? I’m trying to build my own and I’m trying to lay down some guidelines for myself.

First of all his ears are made of leather, not that cheap fabric the toy uses. His tail should be curled differently, more spread out. For articulation, his legs rotate, and there are joints in his feet. At the end of 3, his head is sort of a bobble head (watch closely when Andy gives him to Bonnie). He also doesn’t have any seems on him, but if you’re using wood that won’t matter.

disney.go.com/toystory/#/charact … y/360-turn

Also, off topic, but did you get my email Pixar Builder?

I did, as a matter of fact, and just sent you an email. It’s really cool!

Slinky Dog! He’s one of my favorite characters - so friendly and loyal. I love his redneck mannerisms and laid-back personality. His stretchy antics are always funny, whether his slink is being put to good use or getting him into trouble. Golly-bob-howdy, indeed!