Snipe's random art

Haha, you probably have thousands or legos don’t you? 8D

Oh yes. Probably tens of thousands. We’ve got over three buckets full of them. 8D

But hey, did anyone watch the short film? :slight_smile:

For some reason, the video didn’t come up as it redirected me to YT’s home page.

Fantastic! These are really amazing! I liked these even better than your other graphics! How long does it normally take you to make an image like that?

Thanks so much! :smiley: Let’s see… if you’re asking how long the overall project takes, it can be days, sometimes weeks from the original idea to the final product. As for the actual rendering process, that really just depends on how detailed the image is. For example, Evening’s Fiddle, the violin one, took me 2 days to render, while others can take only a few minutes. :wink:

Hmmm… I think I’ve fixed it now. Could you try it again? :slight_smile:

I’ll have some more stuff to share with you all here in a little while… I’ve got a character design of this squid-monster thing and a 3D take on Mother Brain from Super Metroid that I’m working on right now. :mrgreen: :sunglasses:

Yep, it works now. It actually looked pretty good. I’m guessing that was your brothers in the video?

Thanks! And yep, it was. My whole family was in it actually. I was the one in a black and white shirt with a clone helmet. Of course, we’re all a lot older now. :mrgreen:

Yep, it looked like it had to have been recorded a couple years ago. When I first saw those clone helmets I immediately thought of Star Wars. Oh, I laughed during the end credits when you listed Josh as “Joshy”. 8D

^ 8D Yeah, we have two Joshes in our family, and normally we can call one “Josh” and the other “Dad”. But we kinda ran into a problem there when it came to putting it down. Worked out though, cause we really do call the youngest one “Joshy” sometimes and, you know, they always do that with the nicknames in real movies. :sunglasses:

Yeah, I get what your trying to say. It makes some sense to call the youngest “Joshy” since it feels like a nickname you would give to a younger kid.

That’s not too bad! Sounds reasonable. And I’m glad to hear you’ll be adding more to this thread! Now, I believe there is one more link in your signature I haven’t checked out just yet… :sunglasses:

Those are good.

Have you seen my art?

Yup! Just gotta come up with an inspirational idea first. That’s the real hard part. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pixarfan91: Thanks! And yes, I believe I have seen your art, and commented on it. :wink:

Good point…where do you get inspiration for these types of things? Do you just see something and think “Hmmm…I’d like to create that.” Or is there more than that behind it?

Yeah, that’s pretty much the gist of it. Basically I’ll see the texture of something, or the way it moves, or how it’s built, and decide I want to recreate it. There are some exceptions to that though, and in those cases I haven’t got a clue how the ideas get into my head. :laughing: :sunglasses:

That makes sense. :slight_smile:

Don’t we all have those? 8D

Ive been wondering what youyr FAVORITE thing your ever done… well with artish stuff like this?

^That would be… probably the short film, Imagine. We created that in an astonishingly short amount of time, especially considering that when we started on that project I had no clue how we were going to do half of it. It was truly a test of my abilities and patience at that time. So, that would be my “favorite” creation or, more appropriately, the one I’m most proud of. But honestly, it’s very hard to choose a favorite… I love each piece individually for their own unique reasons. :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

And… sorry everyone for how long it’s been since I posted any art! I just haven’t created anything recently worth sharing. :laughing: But don’t worry, I’ll try to get some good stuff up soon. :wink:

I know just what you mean! And that’s what makes them all special. :smiley:

Yay! :mrgreen: <3

I sooo know how you feel… Ive kindof been in a creative slump lately…