Songs that remind you of "Cars" characters.

I actually didn’t really know what to make of that part but now I know! I really like your interpretation of that. :slight_smile:

8D I didn’t think most people would so that’s why I explained it. You could have just asked me though. :stuck_out_tongue: Do you think I could add “Something About The Way You Look Tonight” to our Cars song list? :wink: All you have to do is read the lyrics once and you know it is a SalQueen song!

Heehee, I know. :stuck_out_tongue: Yes, definitely! It sure is! :smiley: Man, I have to come up with some more songs for this list. :laughing:

I’m just happy to see that I am not the only one who thinks of Cars characters when I hear a certain song! 8D

Hahaha, me too! It’s like seeing Facebook pages/groups and thinking “Oh my gosh, this doesn’t only happen to me?!” or “Oh my gosh, I’m not the only one who does that!” I always think, “YES! I’M NOT A FREAK!” 8D

[EDIT]- I thought of another song! If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys for Sally comparing her life and relationships in California to her relationship with Lightning now. <3

[i]Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power, yeah
Some people live just to play the game
Some people think that the physical things
Define what’s within
And I’ve been there before
But that life’s a bore
So full of the superficial

Some people want it all
But I don’t want nothing at all
If it ain’t you baby
If I ain’t got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain’t got you, Yeah[/i]

Keith Urban’s Without You certainly reminds me of Lightning and Sally. Also, around the time Cars came out Billy Currington’s Good Directions did too, and I thought it was so hilarious how GD is basically a reverse of Cars. :laughing:

SallyMcQueen: I love those pages! And whoa…freaky that you should say that song! I was watching ‘Dancing With The Stars’ last night and they played that song and I was thinking of how romantic and beautiful a song it is. Good call on that one! :mrgreen:

MissCarrera: Really?! I don’t watch DWTS so I didn’t get it from there. :laughing: It is really romantic and beautiful. Thanks! :smiley:

Yes, really! :stuck_out_tongue: I agree, very lovely song!

For all the Cars fanfiction writers out there, are there any songs that you listen to while writing for inspiration or such? :slight_smile:

Oh, for sure. I was listening to “Billie Jean” and then I got this idea for a fic which I haven’t started yet, but it gave me that spark anyways! What about you? :slight_smile:

The randomest songs will give me the inspiration, it’s so weird. “Best I’ve Never Had” by Beyonce and “Happy” by Leona Lewis always gives me inspiration for the Sally thing I was telling you about. :wink: o_0. I think it’s because we talked about that song (in this thread! Haha).“Bennie and the Jets” by Elton John gives me inspiration for an OC of mine. Umm, what else? Oh! “The Big Race” from the Cars soundtrack helps me in writing race scenes. “If I Die Young” by The Band Perry, and (of course, duh) “Life Is A Highway” by Rascal Flatts gives me Cars inspiration in general. :slight_smile:

The Driveway Miley Cyrus
I liked this song remind me to lightning McQueen in the first Cars he changed himself and well, the Cars & Cars 2 soundtrack obviously remind me the Cars movies :wink:

A lot of Beatles songs remind me of Fillmore.

I was watching Tangled last night (for the 13th time o_0) and I noticed that when Rapunzel and Flynn sing I See the Light, it could very well be a Lightning and Sally song with the lyrics. Part of Rapunzel’s part could represent Sally feeling trapped in LA and how she feels after leaving California.

[i]All those days watching in the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I’ve been
Now I’m here blinking in the starlight
Now I’m here suddenly I see
Standing here it’s all so clear
I’m where I’m meant to be

And at last I see the light
And it’s like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it’s like the sky is new
And it’s warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you[/i]

I didn’t really think of it connecting until Flynn started singing which the first part completely represents Lighting and how he was speeding through life to get what he wanted and never stopped to see life the way it should be. The second part of his lyrics connected with how Sally was part (if not, all) of what taught him to slow down. :smiley:

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in the blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she’s here shining in the starlight
Now she’s here suddenly I know
If she’s here it’s crystal clear
I’m where I’m meant to go

If you think of the “shining/blinking in the starlight” part as the cruising scene for both parts, it matches perfectly. <3

Whenever I see Finn in a scene I think of the James Bond movie theme. I’m kind of debating on whether Cotton Eye Joe would be a good song for Mater.

SallyMcQueen: YESSSSS! That is so perfect. <3 Got a winner there! :wink:
Ballboi: Hahaha! Yeah, I think that is a good one for him!

Yeah, he is a “James Bond” type agent isn’t he? 8D

[b:cfrzh0nb]MissCarrera[/b:cfrzh0nb]: Thanks! I can’t believe I didn’t see it before. :oops: I got another one too!

[i:cfrzh0nb]Go The Distance[/i:cfrzh0nb] by Michael Bolton for Lightning McQueen. This one was actually so perfect, it freaked me out. :lol:

[i:cfrzh0nb]I have often dreamed, of a far off place
Where a hero’s welcome, would be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer, when they see my face
And a voice keeps saying, this is where I’m meant to be

I’ll be there someday, I can go the distance
I will find my way, if I can be strong
I know ev’ry mile, will be worth my while
When I go the distance, I’ll be right where I belong

Down an unknown road, to embrace my fate
Though that road may wander, it will lead me to you
And a thousand years, would be worth the wait
It might take a lifetime, but somehow I’ll see it through

And I won’t look back, I can go the distance
And I’ll stay on track, no, I won’t accept defeat
It’s an uphill slope, but I won’t lose hope
Till I go the distance, and my journey is complete

But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part
For a hero’s strength is measured by his heart

Like a shooting star, I will go the distance
I will search the world, I will face it’s harms
I don’t care how far, i can go the distance
Till I find my hero’s welcome, waiting in your arms

I will search the world, I will face it’s harms
Till I find my hero’s welcome, waiting in your arms[/i:cfrzh0nb]

Huh?! [i:cfrzh0nb]Perfection.[/i:cfrzh0nb] <3 I’m going to do a video tribute to Lightning using this song…someday. o_0 It’s in the works sigh but there’s not enough hours in the day. :-\ Speaking of this song, click on the link with the same name to watch an [i:cfrzh0nb]amazing[/i:cfrzh0nb] Disney tribute. Go on, [b:cfrzh0nb]Ballboi[/b:cfrzh0nb], tell them how awesome it is. :wink: While you’re at it, watch the Pixar one too. Another amazing one. <3

Saw both versions and they was fantastic. Probably the greatest tribute to two of my favorite film studios. Also, I noticed there was a different version of that song in Hercules.