Sweet Treats!

Rachel - You’re most welcome, and cute signature! I love it. Heheh. :wink:

– Mitch

Thanks very much, youse two three! :sunglasses:

The phrase “nothing suss” is taken from a comedy sketch show from a few years ago where two guys would sell stuff like exercise equipment and display how it’s used in a suspicious and uncompromising position, then they’d say “nothing suss!”. It’s too bad I can’t find any clips on YouTube from that show because those particular sketches were really funny… What? Can’t two guys lie around in their underwear holding hands, while gazing into each others’ eyes without being accused of being gay?! :stuck_out_tongue:

If the higher-ups thinks this graphic isn’t suitable, even though I judge it as more tongue-in-cheek than anything, I’ll remove it. It was shown on the Incredi-blunders extra on The Incredibles DVD.

Rachel - Puh-ha! Yeah, you can keep it on, although I must say that that’s the most disturbing thing I’ve seen in a long time… :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

– Mitch

Wow rachel, something I never thought I would see as a siggy from you. I love it. You got me laughing out of my chair.

What the… ahahaha! 8D wags index finger Naughty, naughty! That’s gotta be the cheekiest sig yet! And it has nothing to do with two guys holding hands (then again, maybe to a certain extent). The mere sight of them in their undies is risque enough!

Do you remember the name of that sketch show? It sounds very “suss” indeed! :mrgreen:

I guess they could, though it’d be a stretch. :laughing:

Should be okay to post. People do yaoi fanworks all the time, anyway. Oh, and the Incredi-blunders vid was a laugh riot! :wink:

I don’t know rachel. Those shirts look more bright than loud. Shirts don’t make noises do they? :wink: :laughing: I’m just kidding. I like it rachel. Those three have really cool shirts.

I like it, too. The bright colors seem to represent their bright minds and creativity.

Yeah, what is? :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I’m lovin’ the new signature, by the way! I think wearing Hawaiian shirts is something of a tradition among animators or something…

bright dot-dasher - Ha-ha. Good point. :wink:

– Mitch

Thanks Rachel! “Skithouse.” Hyuk hyuk. I’ll look em’ up on YT to see if I can find a few sketches…

There’s a Loud Shirt Day? :open_mouth: Marks calendar

Lasseter’s shirt! It’s blinding me!!! 8D Seriously, you didn’t Photoshop that? It looks freakin’ bright!

Anyway, excellent sig, brilliant tagline as usual. I’m coincidentally a fan of Hawaiian shirts since my trip to Oahu about 5 years ago. They’re incredibly cheesy yet cheerful at the same time. I have about 4 so far, my parents don’t quite understand my ‘obsession’ (4 is not that much to begin with!) If I had it my way, I would have one for each day of the week! And this was before I knew John existed, or became a fan of Pixar. What a coinkydink! :sunglasses:

Mine does. It always whines: “Hey, when’s the next time you’re gonna wash me? You’ve been wearing me for the past week and I smell worse than your socks!”

Eww… nah, I’m just joking. I don’t wear the same shirt for a week. I wear it for a year. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Very cool! And very amusing! What is with those guys and their loud shirts? :wink:

I’ve been meaning to comment on your latest signature, Rachel. I love it! Hawaiin shirts are just so Pixar! :laughing:

HA! Tell me about it! :laughing: I love it Rachel :slight_smile: . Nice work! :wink: Of course it took me a wile to read because their shirts blinded me :open_mouth: :laughing: .

The Star Swordsman - Bright/loud, they’re both synonyms for great taste! Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

bright dot-dasher - Yeah, you’re right - the shirts really do represent the imaginative and creative minds of the Pixarians, and also the laid-back atmosphere. A job where you can wear a Hawaiin shirt every day? Yes please! :smiley: Thanks for your comment.

Mitch - Thanks! :wink: And, really? What other animators wear Hawaiin shirts that you know of…?

thedriveintheatre - Unfortunately there’s hardly any YT clips of the show and they don’t show Skithouse on Channel 10 anymore, but you can catch it on The Comedy Channel if you have access to Foxtel. Also try to watch The Best of Fast-Forward if you can. Classic Australian comedy right there. Anyways, thanks for the comments. :slight_smile: Yes, I did Photoshop the image, I have to confess. They’re bright, but not that bright! My point was to over-exaggerate their shirts, I guess. You have 4 loud shirts? Cool! Don’t forget to wear one this Friday then, and give it a wash, will ya? :smiley:

Violet Parr - It hurt your eyes? Well, ahem there’s actually a disclaimer at the beginning of this thread stating that I will not be held liable for any death or injury resulting from anyone looking at my graphics. So good luck with that… 8D Thank you!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I love reading them all. :slight_smile:

I didn’t have a favourite signature that I was attached to at the mo’, so I thought I’d take a leaf out of thedriveintheatre’s book and use my signatures to promote the fan commentaries. Here’s two signatures to let people know that we’re now recruiting top scarers for the film in June: Monsters, Inc.. I’ll wear the blue/yellow sig for round 1 (submissions for brand new commentators) and the red/green one for round 2 (submissions for anyone who has done a practice and who wants to commentate on Monsters, Inc..) I had a really hard time getting the text to show up as readable with this these signature, for some reason…

:smiley:

Rachel - You’re welcome! And I’m loving the new Monsters, Inc. signatures. The one of Jerry (at least, I think that’s his name…) is my favorite. :smiley:

Hmm. The text was giving you some trouble? What program do you use to create your graphics, if I may ask?

My dad… and quite a few friends of his that I’ve met… :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

– Mitch

Very nice, Rachel! Thanks for crediting me as an inspiration, although I’m probably not the only one (or the first) to employ my method. Although I’m the most blatant. :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, great screencaps! I haven’t watched Monsters Inc in ages, but were those from the scene of the corporate video and where they interview the employees? I’m not quite sure…
How did you get the Trademark symbol at the end of the motto? :question:
Staggered signature release dates huh? I like that, good strategy! Helps create longer audience exposure.

Maybe cos’ the backgrounds were all colourful, so it’s hard to pick a font colour distinct enough to contrast against? Good effort though, it’s certainly legible. :slight_smile:

I love your new signatures, Rachel! ‘We commentate because we care’. It works! :laughing:

Thanks everyone for the comments. =)

Mitch - Thanks a lot. Oh, it wasn’t so much my editing program (Adobe Photoshop), but sometimes it’s hard to pick a colour for the text so it shows up well.

thedriveintheatre - Heheh. Well, you are probably the member that takes advantage of how we can link images in our signatures, but it has rubbed off on me, and in a way it’s kinda fun promoting our works and events, isn’t it? :slight_smile: Yes, those images were from the corporate training video, I think, on the second disc of the Monsters, Inc. DVD. Narrated by Roz herself. It’s a very funny video. The trademark symbol was just copied and pasted from the Character Map in Windows, but not all fonts can display every character… thanks for the comments! =D

lizardgirl - Heh. Yep! I guess it did work. Thanks. =)

Well, I only ever have time to create signatures to promote the fan commentaries, my other ‘baby’ apart from Radio Pixar. :wink: So here’s one to calm those who missed commentating on WALL•E back in March (wow, time flies), because by popular demand, it’s coming around again in July!

If you would like to know the font name it’s called “Gunship Condensed” of which I heard is the same exact font used in the film, except they added the dot to it manually. By the way, sorry for not having time to comment on yall’s graphics. It’s kind of lame of me to post up my new ones, but not comment on others’. I will try soon. :frowning:

I watched some of the special features when I borrowed the Monsters Inc DVD from the public libraries in Singapore last holidays. I think I may have seen it, then again could be deja vu.

As for your new sig… aw, it’s so cute! Everyone deserves a second chance, especially poor Eve in that scene, huh? :wink:
Yeah, I recognised the Gunship font, apparently the ‘real’ font Galax-E costs a fortune to purchase, so this is a good free alternative! I think I used it several times in my sigs, very futuristic-looking.

No worries if you can’t comment on other people’s graphics. Hosting a radio show and being a mod is enough work as it is. :slight_smile:

That’s a lovely capture, Rachel :slight_smile: . Very nice. The writing style is very cool as well. Everything just seems to fit.

These are my favorite signatures made by you. The “Space Tours” one is actually the one that inspired me to do my “Axiom-ad” style sigs.