Tangled

That is sad. :frowning:

Someone wrote that on facebook. But he’s almost 60 and a lot of people retire around that age. It’s sad to see him go. I wonder how people will feel when John retires. I see John reting in about 10 years.

Okay, guys. I actually cried a little after reading the news about that. I mean, he’s still alive, which is great! And he might be able to pursue greater projects outside of Disney, so I’m happy for him. But what makes me sad is realizing some of my heroes in the animation industry can’t work forever, and everything has to come to an end someday. I wonder what path Disney will pursue several years from now, especially when some of the other great animators are retired or no longer around. There are some big shoes to fill.

Well, 37 years is a long time to work anywhere. He probably just wants to retire and live the rest of his life carefree.

I love this movie. Rapunzel sort of reminds me of myself, which is why I like her so much.

I love Rapunzel. I really love her design, her personality(I hate it when people say they hate her because she’s “bipolar”. She was locked in a tower for 18 years! D: ) and everything about her! Tangled is one of my favorites for sure.

My dad thinks Mother Gothel is an anti-semitic representation of a Jewish mother, but hey, it could’ve been worse; they could’ve made her more anti-semitic by having her voiced by Adam Sandler. :laughing:

I think that Rapunzel is such a little sweetheart!

You know, I’m glad they took out that scene where Rapunzel’s in the pub (called the Jaunty Moose in early production) and hurts everyone’s feeling by calling them names on how they look. If that was kept in the movie, I would’ve hated her.

I also think she’s a very likeable character.

If I was thin, and blonde I would cosplay as her!

She is the epitome of the perfect friend, or daughter, or sister, or girlfriend or wife. Not to say that she is the only kind out there, but she happens to be excellent just the way she is. She’s beautiful, nice, has common sense, and very polite. And good with the frying pan.

I agree! I have a few favorites, but I would defend Rapunzel as the most well rounded.

Oh yeah, and John Lasseter said she was his favorite princess! From Disney. That might mean his favorite is Merida, but Rapunzel’s his favorite DP! Just thought I’d put that out there.

Really? That’s too awesome! I hope Anna is as good.

Yeah, that would be super unlike her.

I would be shocked if they had any Disney princess do that. That would just make the character unlikable.

What about in Brave where Merida was making fun of her suitors during the archery contest?

In that case, I would say A) She didn’t say it to their faces, B) She didn’t want to be forced into marriage. And seeing what “losers” they were enraged her more in that she couldn’t choose when and whom to marry.

I could imagine a princess doing it out of fear, only to apologize when she realizes what she says (I think this is what they meant in the deleted scene of Tangled)