TDK Vs. TF2

They both have big fanbases. It’s hard to figure out which one has the smaller one.

But how can you hate the dark knight IV?

Well, the Transformers fan base is mostly composed by kids, people who like explosions and people who like Megan Fox.

But you won’t find anything but hate about it on serious film circles, unlike with The Dark Knight, which receives a well deserved love among most people.

Well, the fanbase for transformers is pretty big in Japan I hear.

Oh, you’re talking about the whole Hasbro franchise. I don’t know anything about it, but it’s apparently well respected.

I was only referring about the two Michael Bay live action movies.

I meant the movies too. And I despise it for the viewpoint and the moral. It’s good, but I don’t like anything about it, except for Heath Ledger. I also despise Christian Bale’s voice. I don’t like any of the BM movies except for the 1989 and it’s sequel, Batman Returns. At least I liked the first Tranformers.

^Which part of the moral do you think is wrong?

PS: My last message was a response to TSS, so it probably didn’t make much sense to you as an answer to your posts, IV.

I mean the whole “Some people are too good for the truth” thing. :confused: That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. I mean, after all the hype, I thought it would be like the best movie ever. And I hated it. I didn’t enjoy a minute of it, but I appreciate Ledger’s acting. And I knew you were talking to him, I was just saying I didn’t mean the toys either.

Wow… all I can say is wow…

Sorry. :neutral_face: I usually have good taste, but in this case, I just let what the movie was saying really eat me. I can’t stand it. I’d rather watch a drama about someone dying of cancer, because TDK is just as angsty, but with more things I have a distaste for.

^ Good. I don’t have anything against tastes.

The important thing for you to know is that it’s a good movie you dislike and not a bad movie.

Oh, I’ve always known it was made well. I would never change its craftsmanship. I just don’t like to watch it. If my dad would let us see it again, I may watch it just to see if I can learn any filming skills from it(yes, I really watch famous movies for that. Sorry). But I didn’t enjoy a minute of it. It’s too serious for my tastes. I mean, just IMO, if you take a superhero film too seriously, it becomes impossible to take seriously. And that’s why I love the 1989 one. It has some serious ideas, but it is still structured in a way that is totally fictious and fantastic. TDK just doesn’t do it for me.

The reason why TDK was made into a serious movie is because they wanted to approach the movie in a dark way. If the movie starts to get a little light, then the whole effect of a powerful movie becomes negated. I absolutely loved it. Until now, I have never heard anyone hate of it’s power, or darkeness, or brilliance.

My friends agreed that this is the best Batman film of this decade… no, this century… not even… of this milenium.

That’s what everyone says. I’ve only encountered one person who shares my ideas on TDK, and he would never be as stupid as me to say it on a public forum. It is well made. I would never attack or disrespect that. I just don’t like it. I mean, Citizen Kane is the greatest movie of all time, and loads of people hate it. No matter what you like, or how good it is, there will be people who disagree. That’s a painful fact of life, and one I’m still trying to get used to.

Citizen Kane isn’t the greatest movie of all time.

A lot of pictures share that position. You can’t name one.

About the citezen kane movie being the best of all time, that is debatable and all opinon based.

But TDK was brilliant, despite others disagreeing. It was a well dome movie. I’d watch it again and again if I had to.

^ That’s what I always do. In fact, my thesis includes The Dark Knight, so I’ve seen it a million times.

A thesis paper on TDK? Sounds epic! Good luck!

Thanks. It’s actually on Nolan, so it includes TDK, but it’s not limited to it.

Sorry. :blush: It’s just that I don’t really get to talk to people about that, so I assume that when critics say that, it’s a factual statement, not something they invented. :blush: Assuming sucks. Sorry. :blush:

And, again, I repeat. I did not say The Dark Knight wasn’t brilliant, I said I didn’t enjoy it. I’m tired of explaining it. I don’t expect you to agree or even accept or understand how I feel. Heck, you can hate me if you want. I do not care. I just don’t love the movie. The end. I’m done with this thread, because it is clearly unacceptable for me to watch this movie and not fall for it. I see nothing to discuss.

Oh man, I am so excited. My best friend invited me over to his house for alittle study session and movie time. He picked to watch TI and TDK as the movies we’re going to watch.