The Annie Awards WINNERS

I really don’t understand the Spongebob wins. Although the show has jumped the shark, jumped it again backwards, and took a portal gun to both sides so it can jump the shark for all eternity, (in other words it sucks), kids watch it every day. If it didn’t win anything they’d still watch it. Shouldn’t Nickelodeon “persuade” the Annies to have a new show of theirs win, as to keep the series running longer? Arg! The Annies don’t make any sense even when they are helping their gold sponsors win.

At least the Robot Chicken Star Wars Special III won for its writing; that was hilarious (and well-crafted).

definedancing: You took the words right out of my mouth.

Chuckles: I like Spongebob. The pre-movie, before it jumped the shark Spongebob. I was rooting for the Regular Show to win this year. It was a fresh breath of air in comparison to the cliched, un creativeness of the more recent seasons of Spongebob.

Some episodes from Season 2 were legendary, and the movie was pretty good. That just makes it all the more sad to see what it has now become.

As I’ve said in the Annies 2011 thread, this award is nothing but a farce. BUT it is a shame that Pixar pulled out of it this year.

Now, I’m not trying to blame Pixar for not showing up (It was in fact its parent company, Disney, who made the decision). It had the right to boycott the awards, especially after the KFP/Wall-E fiasco two years ago.

But I bet they could’ve made a stronger point if they participated again this year, and lost out to HTTYD. Then it’ll be two-in-a-row, and more people will see the Awards for the farce it is. Just like how I can imagine if TS3 loses again to this year’s Best Picture race, it’ll raise even more controversy since it’ll be the third time an animated film has been denied the coveted title.

The fact that Pixar is a no-show this year means we’ll never know if it stood a chance against HTTYD anyway.

That said though, yeah, it’s obviously rigged to who can pay the most money. It is a great shame, for as much as this is consolation for HTTYD being snubbed at the Oscars and awards ceremonies, this is not the Awards ceremony I want it to be remembered by.

Oh, and one more thing. How the heck could ‘The Regular Show’ lose out to Spongebob?

Blah. I liked HTTYD and all, but no where near how much I adore TS3. I hope this doesn’t mean anything about Best Animated at the Oscars

I know, it would be itneresting to see what would of happened if Disney would of stayed in. And I know, I’m so disapointed about the Regular Show. As I said Spongebob is cool, but the last few seasons have been horrible.

Gee, Spongebob’s new episodes suck, but apparently it wins over Regular Show and Adventure Time.

I’m not a fan of the newer spongebob, but I like it better than Adventure time and Regular show.

I hope it doesn’t happen again w/ the Emmys. It’s be the same.

Yeah, I like Regular Show better than the recent Spongebob episodes.

Someone actually said Chowder and Flapjack replaced Spongebob while his new episodes are unfunny. And that’s really cool.

Replaced him at what?

Um… Just replaced him as usual kind of replacement? What people will watch NOW? The ‘new Spongebob’?

According to my showbizzy supplement, Kung Fu Panda 2 has 12 nominations for this year, and the nominations for best animated feature are:

A Cat In Paris
Arrugas
Arthur Christmas
Cars 2
Chico and Rita
Kung Fu Panda 2
Puss In Boots
Rango
Rio
The Adventures of Tintin

What do you guys think? No doubt that DreamWorks will win again, but some nominations interested me. Like, the fact that they’ve nominated a motion capture film which animators have protested against, and that they’ve nominated a nice chunk of foreign films :slight_smile:

I don’t want Pixar to win this year. I’m pulling for Rango.

I’m hoping that Rango wins. I don’t know how I would react if Cars 2 won though.

I’ll be happy if Rio or Rango wins.

I’ll be happy if Rango, Arthur Christmas, Chico and Rita, Kung Fu Panda 2 or The Adventures of Tintin wins, but I guess it will end up between Puss in Boots and Kung Fu Panda 2, y’know, being the Annies :slight_smile:

Haha, very true.

I’m personally not a big fan for “Best Animated Feature Awards”, but I guess Rango will come out on top this year.