The Art of little_chef (and her sis)

I love it when artists do improvement pics! You really have come far along! But you were already extremely good to start with :slight_smile: And the Linguini sketch is sooooo cute! I really do love your style if I haven’t already told you… it’s so unique, expressive, and just plain adorable!

OwP: Omg, you’re way too nice to say I was good to begin with!!! :laughing: Every time I look at those sketches I’m torn between how awful they look to me now and how much I’ve improved since then.

Hey y’all I’m finally back with something new, something I’m actually super happy with!! :smiley: Let me preface by saying that I’ve been watching a lot of Iron Man the last few days (getting hyped for the 3rd movie coming out this weekend!!!) and have been continually reminded of just how much like my grown-up Nolan Tony Stark is!

I haven’t properly explained any of Nolan’s future beyond the fact that he builds WALL-E (and I’ll have to get to that some other time because I’ve got to get ready for work, haha), but I’ll just leave you with the premise that WALL-E and his robotics devision is what helps get NTG Industries off the ground and makes him a millionaire by the age of 20. His forays into medical research and technology development, space technologies (anyone remember the Axiom? :wink:), among other things make NTG Industries one of the most successful companies in the world (and puts Nolan at billionaire status by 27). Nolan is able to set up his parents for life and fully fund their retirement as well as his own and names his cousin, Armani Linguini, the successor of NTG if anything were ever to happen to him.

Needless to say when I finally got around to seeing Iron Man I almost peed myself because of how alike he and Tony are.

Which leads me back to the picture, which I posted both on deviantART and tumblr! :slight_smile:

[spoil]…did I mention he dies at the age of 33…?

…no?? whoops sorry that was a spoiler I’m not sure you were supposed to read that…[/spoil]

little chef

This is one of your best Nolan drawings yet! You really captured his personality in this one :slight_smile: I’m amazed by the attention to detail! Seriously, the freckles alone blew my mind! Great work! Keep it up! And now you’ve gotten me even more interested in the Iron Man films, which I still have yet to see… :smiley:

OwP: You’re always so kind and flattering, thank you! :slight_smile: I think the thing I’m happy with the most about this picture is the fact that his personality is so well characterized here! :wink:

I can cheat a bit on the freckles by modifying my brush in Photoshop to scatter the stroke and make little freckle dots everywhere, so I don’t have to do them individually. It’s really nice and saves me a lot of time and trouble!

You should totally see the Iron Man movies, omg. I never in my life thought I’d enjoy “superhero” movies but I loved these films so much.

I’m kind of trying to work on something else a little bit different, and I’m hoping to have it done by Renata’s birthday (May 16) because it happens to feature her! It’s inspired by Luigi’s Mansion 2 so yeah it’ll be pretty fun once it’s finished. I’m excited to show you guys and hopefully I’m able to get it done on time!

little chef

Oh my! [spoil]Now I want to know what’s the cause for Nolan to go so suddenly (Illness? murder? Assassination by coup d’etat? Some other reason?) I wonder what the story could be, and how Linguini must feel.[/spoil]
Anyways… great job on the drawing. I love all your stuff about Nolan! :smiley:

JSWeC: [spoil]Nolan is killed in a car accident on the way home from an awards ceremony, at 33 years of age. WALL-E happened to be in the car with him, and was there the moment his creator was killed. Sadly it takes him quite some time to move on from Nolan’s death, since he is a robot and can’t process grief and emotion the same way humans can.[/spoil]

I’ve got a couple more drawings, in time for some birthdays! :slight_smile: Renata’s birthday and Nolan’s birthday fall within a day of each other (May 16 and 17, respectfully), so I decided to do a couple of draws to “celebrate” them, like I usually do! :stuck_out_tongue:

First off I drew a little simple sketch of Renata with Alfredo, and as I was drawing it I realized I have never actually drawn them together… for shame!!! As mentioned in the artist comments on dA, I listened to Small Bump by Ed Sheeran most of the time while drawing it, and I absolutely can not get through that song without crying, haha. :laughing:

And for Nolan, whose birthday is today, I did this!!! It was inspired by one of Japanese pop artist Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s videos for her song Ninjari Bang Bang (which is stupid catchy). Since NTG Industries was actually founded in Japan (I explained a bit of this with my Nolan/WALL-E ad a while back), Nolan is a bit of a non-native Japanese child star for quite some time there. A lot of times he ends up in videos much like this!! When I saw the video all I could think was it was SO something Nolan would do, and hence this silly little drawing was born! :slight_smile:

I posted both to tumblr, and someone found the Nolan drawing, reblogging it with the caption “what”. Seriously, if at any time you guys are confused about my stories (which I totally understand because I don’t always have time to explain everything!!), please just ask and I’ll explain the best I can… it doesn’t bother me to do so at all!

little chef

Ah mah goshhhhh the Renata and Linguini pic… it’s one of your best everrrrrr it’s so precous X3 Sorry I’m spazzing… I love how Pixar-legit they look (meaning how accurate to the original style), plus the gorgeous warm color scheme suits it perfectly! And the Nolan drawing is just too cool! I love how much it pops… much like something Japanese-y of this sort! Great job again, little_chef!

OwP: Your comment made me smile so much!! ;w; I would have never thought my style could be considered “Pixar-legit” but thank you very much!! :slight_smile: It might just be that I draw the characters from Ratatouille way too much… :laughing:

Last post was for Mother’s Day, and this one is for Father’s Day! This sweet little drawing of Alfredo with his baby boy is one I actually started last August! (I’m lazy and sometimes it takes me forever to finish stuff wahh) I decided to pull it back out and finish it for today to honor the special occasion!

Also on tumblr if you guys use that! :slight_smile:

little chef

You’re so welcome! :slight_smile: Anyway, I love this drawing! Besides the accuracy and its sweetness, I love what a real pose it is; something you’d see a dad and his little boy doing on an ordinary day! It’s so genuine! Certainly this is a drawing worth the nearly year-long effort! :smiley:

OwP: Well, thankfully it didn’t actually take me a year to draw/color… I’m just a terrible procrastinator. :laughing:

Ohh mannnn so I saw Monsters University twice on opening weekend and I’m still going to see it again aaa ;___; I loved it so much ugh and ok I have not enjoyed a Pixar movie THAT much since Up. That’s a big deal for me kdksldfg

SO whoaaa I actually drew fanart??? (and hopefully will be doing more!!!) just gonna start with some humanizations of the Oozma Kappa brothers and go from there! ;w;

I drew Terri and Terry first because I just couldn’t shake the fantastic idea that if they were human, they would be identical, conjoined twins. skdjfskdj

/shhh I’m also writing some crossover fanfiction look out for that!!! ;o;

little chef

um… uh… hi again… ;~;

eep so I always decided that June 29 (“Ratatouille day” fkjdfgs) is Alfredo’s birthday!!! so I drew a little something. :slight_smile:

baby is scared of starting school and having to leave his mommy for the whole day. ;__;

(fun fact according to moi he would be 24 today!!!)

little chef

Love this new art! And yes, MU Rules! Holds Mike and Archie The Scare Pig in the air The humanized Terry and Terri is perfect… the fact they’re conjoined twins is a great idea, and I love their expressions! They’re spot-on :slight_smile: And the little Linguini… oh gosh it’s just too cute! I love the tones of color you used for it! Keep up the great work, little_chef!

I love the pencily lines and how distinguished the face is! so cute <3

you guys are so lovely thank youuu ;w; /squishes face!!!

eep I have another draw of Terri and Terry!!! ;o; I really tried to draw one of the other Oozma Kappa brothers but ended up drawing them instead. Figures. they’re so fun to draw and I love them so much aaa

I linked to tumblr again because for whatever reason when I uploaded to deviantART it made the lines look yucky and dark and I can’t seem to fix it. ; ; I’ll probably color this one too eventually and maybe that’ll fix the problem when I re-upload it idk!! ;w;

little chef

Yay more Terry and Terri! ^w^ It looks absolutely too adorable and awesome! Great work!

OwP: haha aww thanks!! ;w;

another drawing of… you guessed it… human Perry twins ;o; I really can’t stop drawing them idk why

this time as college grads because why the heck not!!!

little chef

boop hi again

I really wanted to draw twins again but I finally got Squishy to look right after 10 or more attempts!! ;w; (he was really hard to draw for some reason, I don’t understand why!)

little chef

Oh I’m just eating up this great MU fanart, little_chef! I love how expressive Terry and Terri look! What a great concept to draw them graduating! And the Squishy looks perfect… absolutely too cuuuutez X3

Well I’m certainly glad you’re enjoying the art, because I’ll have a whole bunch more over the summer! :slight_smile:

Including this little sketch of a human Mike Wazowski. It’s not really “finished” but oh well. He’s wearing Sulley’s jacket. ;_;

little chef

^Well, your great art plus my obsession with MU can only equal me enjoying it, little_chef! :smiley: And I really do love this Mike pic! He looks so cool :sunglasses: And the cataract was a nice touch! Wouldn’tve thought of it!