The Art of little_chef (and her sis)

Really good stuff here! Nolan is sweet as always and the other two sketches look quite awesome! Keep it up! :smiley:

Hereā€™s my Halloween contribution! ;u; Itā€™s not very scary or spooky, but Iā€™m not much for scary and spooky, anyway! :laughing:

Nope, itā€™s Nolan dressed as Steve Jobs for Halloween! :slight_smile:

Happy Halloween, folks!

little chef

This is so awesome! I love the idea! A very un-spooky Halloween costume ā€“ I likey! Great job again! :smiley:

Thank you very much! Itā€™s a costume I probably would have worn myself. :laughing:

I feel bad that I really donā€™t have anything to update with, besides this drawing of Renata that I did earlier this month. I have a couple other sketch things on my computer, but theyā€™re not all Pixar-related, unfortunately! I kinda have a backlog of art that Iā€™m slowly working on finishing, and there are a handful of Ratatouille pieces in there, so hopefully youā€™ll get to see them someday soon. ;u;

little chef

Great to see more art from you again! This picture of Renata is absolutely wonderful! Her outfitā€™s adorable, too!

Thanks!! I forgot to mention that I was inspired by an outfit I saw on Pinterest, and I had to draw it on her because it totally looked like something she would wear! I love Pinterest. I get so many great ideas for hairstyles and clothing not just for myself, but for my characters, too! :slight_smile:

little chef

That is a awesome drawing. I wish I could draw like that.

aaah thanks Teo!!! ;w;

hereā€™s a couple things I drew tonight, but arenā€™t finished. itā€™s been hard for me to get back into the swing of drawing, but for some reason, the minute I start drawing Ratatouille characters, my hand loosens right up!!!

EDIT: I finished Colette! :slight_smile:

little chef

Excellent sketches, little_chef! Itā€™s so good to see your Ratatouille art again! The Colette looks awesome ā€“ very sassy :slight_smile: And I like your take on a younger Ego! Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks OwP, you always leave such nice comments! :slight_smile:

I suppose I should mention that one of the reasons I imagine Colette smokes is because her voice actress, Janeane Garofalo, is also a smoker, so the visual really clicked for me. :stuck_out_tongue: The whole ā€œsmokingā€ thing is sometimes considered mature content and we are a family-friendly site. xD for the record, I certainly donā€™t condone it (donā€™t smoke, kids. or adults. Iā€™ve seen its disastrous effects first-hand!).

Thatā€™s probably pointless to even bring up, but it doesnā€™t hurt to at least mention that. :V

little chef

Iā€™m not proud to say this, little_chef, but my father worked in the tobacco industry as an agronomist! 8D Heā€™s a clove researcher for cigarette blends and worked with the big players like Rothmans, BAT and Sampoerna. I, too, saw the effects first-hand. It didnā€™t help I had asthma as a kid! D: Thank goodness my dad kicked the habit after he retired.

I gave a ā€œlikeā€ on FB for your Colette piece! Keep up the good work, your art is improving by leaps and bounds, which is more than I can say for my procrastinating butt!

Haha, well funny you mentioned ā€œimprovementā€ā€¦ I just put together a little compliation of a lot of my very first drawings of Ratatouille characters/fan characters, comparing them to some of my most recent renderings. Just goes to show in a very stark way how five or six years of practice can truly pay off! :smiley:

I believe you may have mentioned that about your father before, and Iā€™m also very glad he doesnā€™t smoke anymore. Most of my family smokes or used to smoke (no one in my own household ever hasā€¦ thank goodness!). I still remember when my grandfather smoked, but he decided to stop for his own health and because of his grandkidsā€¦ he wanted to be around for us! Unfortunately, heā€™s the one who passed away over a month ago from lung cancer, but I donā€™t believe it was directly related to his smoking in the past. To this day, we really donā€™t know where the absolutely sudden, fast-spreading cancer truly came from. :frowning:

Anyway, on a much lighter and more-related note, last night I drew a really quick sketch of Alfredo as a little b-day present for someone on Twitter! :slight_smile:

little chef

I love it when artists do improvement pics! You really have come far along! But you were already extremely good to start with :slight_smile: And the Linguini sketch is sooooo cute! I really do love your style if I havenā€™t already told youā€¦ itā€™s so unique, expressive, and just plain adorable!

OwP: Omg, youā€™re way too nice to say I was good to begin with!!! :laughing: Every time I look at those sketches Iā€™m torn between how awful they look to me now and how much Iā€™ve improved since then.

Hey yā€™all Iā€™m finally back with something new, something Iā€™m actually super happy with!! :smiley: Let me preface by saying that Iā€™ve been watching a lot of Iron Man the last few days (getting hyped for the 3rd movie coming out this weekend!!!) and have been continually reminded of just how much like my grown-up Nolan Tony Stark is!

I havenā€™t properly explained any of Nolanā€™s future beyond the fact that he builds WALL-E (and Iā€™ll have to get to that some other time because Iā€™ve got to get ready for work, haha), but Iā€™ll just leave you with the premise that WALL-E and his robotics devision is what helps get NTG Industries off the ground and makes him a millionaire by the age of 20. His forays into medical research and technology development, space technologies (anyone remember the Axiom? :wink:), among other things make NTG Industries one of the most successful companies in the world (and puts Nolan at billionaire status by 27). Nolan is able to set up his parents for life and fully fund their retirement as well as his own and names his cousin, Armani Linguini, the successor of NTG if anything were ever to happen to him.

Needless to say when I finally got around to seeing Iron Man I almost peed myself because of how alike he and Tony are.

Which leads me back to the picture, which I posted both on deviantART and tumblr! :slight_smile:

[spoil]ā€¦did I mention he dies at the age of 33ā€¦?

ā€¦no?? whoops sorry that was a spoiler Iā€™m not sure you were supposed to read thatā€¦[/spoil]

little chef

This is one of your best Nolan drawings yet! You really captured his personality in this one :slight_smile: Iā€™m amazed by the attention to detail! Seriously, the freckles alone blew my mind! Great work! Keep it up! And now youā€™ve gotten me even more interested in the Iron Man films, which I still have yet to seeā€¦ :smiley:

OwP: Youā€™re always so kind and flattering, thank you! :slight_smile: I think the thing Iā€™m happy with the most about this picture is the fact that his personality is so well characterized here! :wink:

I can cheat a bit on the freckles by modifying my brush in Photoshop to scatter the stroke and make little freckle dots everywhere, so I donā€™t have to do them individually. Itā€™s really nice and saves me a lot of time and trouble!

You should totally see the Iron Man movies, omg. I never in my life thought Iā€™d enjoy ā€œsuperheroā€ movies but I loved these films so much.

Iā€™m kind of trying to work on something else a little bit different, and Iā€™m hoping to have it done by Renataā€™s birthday (May 16) because it happens to feature her! Itā€™s inspired by Luigiā€™s Mansion 2 so yeah itā€™ll be pretty fun once itā€™s finished. Iā€™m excited to show you guys and hopefully Iā€™m able to get it done on time!

little chef

Oh my! [spoil]Now I want to know whatā€™s the cause for Nolan to go so suddenly (Illness? murder? Assassination by coup dā€™etat? Some other reason?) I wonder what the story could be, and how Linguini must feel.[/spoil]
Anywaysā€¦ great job on the drawing. I love all your stuff about Nolan! :smiley:

JSWeC: [spoil]Nolan is killed in a car accident on the way home from an awards ceremony, at 33 years of age. WALL-E happened to be in the car with him, and was there the moment his creator was killed. Sadly it takes him quite some time to move on from Nolanā€™s death, since he is a robot and canā€™t process grief and emotion the same way humans can.[/spoil]

Iā€™ve got a couple more drawings, in time for some birthdays! :slight_smile: Renataā€™s birthday and Nolanā€™s birthday fall within a day of each other (May 16 and 17, respectfully), so I decided to do a couple of draws to ā€œcelebrateā€ them, like I usually do! :stuck_out_tongue:

First off I drew a little simple sketch of Renata with Alfredo, and as I was drawing it I realized I have never actually drawn them togetherā€¦ for shame!!! As mentioned in the artist comments on dA, I listened to Small Bump by Ed Sheeran most of the time while drawing it, and I absolutely can not get through that song without crying, haha. :laughing:

And for Nolan, whose birthday is today, I did this!!! It was inspired by one of Japanese pop artist Kyary Pamyu Pamyuā€™s videos for her song Ninjari Bang Bang (which is stupid catchy). Since NTG Industries was actually founded in Japan (I explained a bit of this with my Nolan/WALL-E ad a while back), Nolan is a bit of a non-native Japanese child star for quite some time there. A lot of times he ends up in videos much like this!! When I saw the video all I could think was it was SO something Nolan would do, and hence this silly little drawing was born! :slight_smile:

I posted both to tumblr, and someone found the Nolan drawing, reblogging it with the caption ā€œwhatā€. Seriously, if at any time you guys are confused about my stories (which I totally understand because I donā€™t always have time to explain everything!!), please just ask and Iā€™ll explain the best I canā€¦ it doesnā€™t bother me to do so at all!

little chef

Ah mah goshhhhh the Renata and Linguini picā€¦ itā€™s one of your best everrrrrr itā€™s so precous X3 Sorry Iā€™m spazzingā€¦ I love how Pixar-legit they look (meaning how accurate to the original style), plus the gorgeous warm color scheme suits it perfectly! And the Nolan drawing is just too cool! I love how much it popsā€¦ much like something Japanese-y of this sort! Great job again, little_chef!

OwP: Your comment made me smile so much!! ;w; I would have never thought my style could be considered ā€œPixar-legitā€ but thank you very much!! :slight_smile: It might just be that I draw the characters from Ratatouille way too muchā€¦ :laughing:

Last post was for Motherā€™s Day, and this one is for Fatherā€™s Day! This sweet little drawing of Alfredo with his baby boy is one I actually started last August! (Iā€™m lazy and sometimes it takes me forever to finish stuff wahh) I decided to pull it back out and finish it for today to honor the special occasion!

Also on tumblr if you guys use that! :slight_smile:

little chef