The Art of little_chef (and her sis)

Interestingly enough, I was just about to draw my human version of AUTO, which is going to be pretty incredible, if I can get it onto paper the same way I see it in my head. So for now, I don’t want to see anyone else’s work so I won’t be accused of taking their ideas. :wink: Thanks for the link, though. I’ll check it out when I’m done drawing AUTO and GO-4. :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

How cool! I look forward to seeing your rendition of AUTO. And, yep, that’s completely understandable. I wouldn’t want to take anyone else’s idea either. You’re welcome, though!

– Mitch

Wow, no updates in nearly a month?! :open_mouth: I should put some more up…

Here are two really good drawings by my sis. This time I left the images a little larger so you can, hopefully, see more of the detail. :wink:

A very sad WALL•E…

As well as an amazing drawing of AUTO…

And me… I’ve been a turtle and kept all of my drawings to myself for fear that someone on the internet will use them somewhere else in their name… but I really should get over that fear. :unamused: They’ll just have to say they found it here first!

As you already know, Brandon McCrea is like, my new favorite character… :stuck_out_tongue: I did a couple sketches of him and a rendering of him as an infant last month, I think.

And finally, I know when I read a story, either I get a vivid mental image of a character or I would rather see the author’s idea of the character. For those who have been faithfully following my fanfic (thank you sincerely for reading, by the way! :smiley:), you’ll enjoy this short and sweet sketch of Morgan McCrea - a.k.a. “Mo”. :slight_smile:

Oh - and I nearly forgot…! I sketched this in my journal last week when I spent the night at my grandmother’s. My sis was sick and I was by myself, so I got kind of bored. Anyways, we had just gotten done watching Cars (which I haven’t actually watched all the way through for about a year, and I was really getting into it!), so I was inspired to do some crossovers. :wink: Not bad for a pen and no eraser, but I suck at drawing cars, anyways. :laughing: So bear with me. :stuck_out_tongue: The image itself may be a little large…

Cars Meet Robots - Feb.20.09

little chef

Those sketches by your sister are really good! The shading on Auto is fantastic, really delicately done. Your McCrea drawings are sweet, and he looks adorable as a baby! I love that Cars Meets Robots sketch, that’s such a cool idea for M-O to meet Mater- he’d have a panic attack just looking at all that rust! :laughing:

Your sister is also a great artist! Her sketches look brilliant!
And I love how you designed Brandon McCrea at different ages. Really well drawn. Your chracter design of Mo is incredible. And not to mention your Cars/WALL-E crossovers were creative and neat and comical. :smiley: I really like this update! Good job!

red - In regards to your sister’s sketches: That WALL-E drawing is absolutely adorable, and the way she rendered AUTO is most impressive, as well!

As far as your sketches go, I love the McCrea and Mo drawings! The personalities of each character are clearly felt. Those comic sketches are cute, too. I particularly like the sketch of Sally and WALL-E together. (snigger)

Both of you guys are budding and talented artists with true potential, so keep up the good work! :smiley:

– Mitch

lizardgirl: Yes, she had a lot of fun drawing that pic of AUTO, and we kind of worked together to master the shading. :wink: We especially liked the way the shine turned out on the really black parts of the picture. I’m glad you enjoyed the pics! :slight_smile:

BDD: She says “thank you!” :smiley: About Brandon at different ages: I really like doing that to random characters, because I always wonder what people looked like when they were younger. It also helps me to understand resemblence, which I’ve naturally been good at anyways. :unamused: And I’m glad you also like my design for Mo. I wonder how many other fanfic readers will see him?

Mitch: Aww, thanks for that sweet last comment! :slight_smile: I have to tell you though - my sis saw some of your Russell sketches and she was inspired to draw some pics of Russell just for you. :wink: She’s going to scan them soon and when they’re fixed up a bit I’ll post 'em up for ya. :smiley: She’s so excited for you to see them.

With that being said, expect some updates soon! Thanks for looking. :slight_smile:

little chef and pc_eliotte

little_chef_eva09 the Cars/WALL-E merger is a great idea! And Done in such a Quirky way that I’m still chuckling! :laughing:

Especially at the Mack/McCrea and Guido/AUTO ones :laugh:

And with such simple images they give more impact!

Captain Pan: Why thank you! :smiley: I always love to make people laugh! And I have to agree - the simple, crappy drawings make it all the funnier. :laughing: Like I said, it’s not all that bad for a pen, anyhow…

Glad I could tickle your funny bone! :wink:

Big pit stop.” LOL

little chef

Very nice work, both of you, I especially like Colette’s hair. Shading hair is one of the things I find particularly difficult.

Halos Nach Tariff: Thank you very much! :smiley: My sister is particularly proud of Colette’s hair as well. :wink: And your shading isn’t bad, either… I really like the way you do it - it looks so smooth… :slight_smile:

Anyways, here are a few updates! Yay! My sis drew some sketches of EVE a couple months ago, but only recently scanned them…

And that picture of Mo I drew the other day…? Well, besides making an avvie out of it, I actually filled the picture in with some color and shading…

Lastly but not leastly (is that even a word?!), here are the sketches of Russell drawn especially for Mitch by my sister. I think they turned out amazing… hope you like em, Mitch! (She would also like you to comment on her hand sketches in the bottom right corner. She is trying to get the hang of drawing cartoon hands, and she would like some input. :wink:)

Umm, that’s all folks…! …for now… :slight_smile:
little chef and pc_eliotte

Thank you very much little_chef_eva09!

You can tell your sister that her hand sketches are great, the one holding a stick is particularly good, is the top right one meant to have its fingers pressed slighlty against a surface? If so then it is really excellent. The top left one is the weakest of the three but it is still good, possibly the fingers are a little too chubby, but if they are meant to be Russell’s hands then there’s not much you can do about that…

Your colour work is also good, although the jumper perhaps needs a little extra definition. I think the next piece I do will be a colour one…

It is indeed! :smiley:

Yes, they were meant to be Russell’s hands, according to what she told me. :slight_smile:

I think I see what you mean… I pretty much suck at coloring in my pics on the computer - I don’t use Photoshop like many of the others here use to color my pics. Plus, I haven’t done a color rendering of my human drawings for just over eight or nine months now… maybe longer… so I’m kinda rusty… :blush: Guess it’s not too, too shabby for being rusty… :unamused:

Thanks for the critique! :wink: I actually enjoy being critiqued every now and then and being told where to change/improve things - it makes a good artist an even better one. :smiley:

little chef

My apologies, I didn’t mean to be critical, your colouring is still very good. I hadn’t realised that you were colouring on the computer, that’s even more impressive in my opinion as I can’t use computers for art at all. If you are looking for a graphics program then the GIMP is rather good, plus it’s free! It’s a bit harder to use than photoshop but there are some tutorials you can use to learn.

Oh no no… please don’t apologize! I honestly enjoy being critiqued! :laughing: No, seriously, I do. The one thing that ticks me off the most is when someone (in their head) thinks my drawing looks weird and yet tells me (in their post) that they like it. I can’t stand that…!

So no, I was thanking you for the critique. :wink: Oh, and the program I use is called Photo Explosion Deluxe… or, something like that… :unamused: It’s what I use to do pretty much all of my graphics. :smiley: I’ve had it for like, 5 years now and it has really proven helpful - and I consider it a “step-down” from Photoshop, seeing as how in my siggys and avvies I can produce many “Photoshop” effects. :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

red - All right. First of all, I love those Russell sketches. Seriously, I was all, “Who drew those?!”. Tell your sister that that’s very sweet of her to draw me some Russell sketches, and that she has some killer talent. :wink:

Secondly, your sister’s hand sketches are very nice! My only complaint is that the thumb on the bottom hand looks a bit diminutive to me, but, other than that, I love 'em! Improvement is always in demand, of course, but that goes for any artist, and it seems as if your sister has a good start on drawing in general.

To be honest, I’m actually kinda jealous. I take it that your sister drew those Russell sketches with little to no references, and, if so, she’s better at improvising than I am. (heheh) :wink:

Last, but not least, that “humanized” Mo drawing looks great colored in! I like the colors you chose.

Keep up the good work, guys! :smiley:

– Mitch

Great sketches Red! Looks like your sisters got just as much skillz as well! If she keeps at it, she’ll be a master at it in no time! :-D)

I know how you feel about Photoshop…I felt the same way, and avoided it almost the whole time I was in HS. Toward the end of my senior year, I gave in and finally took a crack at it. I must admit there were many times things didn’t come out the way I wanted but from then to now, I’ve improved a bit.

(Take a look at my fan art thread from beginning to end and you’ll see what I’m talking about… )

So my advice would be to start with a simpler program such as Paint.net of something (since it’s so similar to Photoshop but easier to figure out) and go on from there. Trust me you’ll eventually get the hang of it. :wink:

Can’t wait to see what else you’ve got in store!
:mrgreen:

Thank you all, sincerely! :smiley: I really appreciate the comments… they really give a body some drive to keep at it. :wink:

I’m currently in the process of tackling a pretty big composition, which I am almost hesitant to post here when it is finished. First of all, the characters in the picture are Auguste and Renata, however, many may not recognize Auguste in the drawing due to the fact that he is more like Linguini in build. The reasons for this would be so hard to explain… let’s just credit it to me and my sis and our crazy stories about the Pixar characters. :unamused:

Secondly, I have never posted a single sketch of my interpretation of Renata Linguini, and I’m almost afraid to. :frowning: I want to make sure that my style of drawing her is acredited to me, you know?

Third - it’s kind of a funny spin off of a well-known movie poster, and I’m not too sure how well it would blow over with the mods. :laughing: Couldn’t hurt to try it, right?

I think if I decided to post it, you all would get the biggest kick out of it - especially in seeing these two characters (and Auguste’s twisted personality :stuck_out_tongue:) in the places of the characters from the movie. :wink: (I’m not giving it away - it would totally spoil it!)

One more thing before I let you guys make the decision - technically, I’m grounded for a week and therefore really shouldn’t be posting right now… :laughing: But I’ll probably get the picture done today or tomorrow, so I’ll scan it (when I can get on the computer) and stuff. Ultimately, I would love to color it in on the computer, but due to the fact that I don’t currently possess Photoshop (and my computer coloring skills are horrible to boot!), I’ll probably hold off on it… unless, if someone really talented in computer painting falls in love with the drawing, maybe they would do it for me…? (The colors would be easy to find… all you need to do is look up the movie poster. :laughing:)

Gees. I’ve gone on and on about this stupid drawing, and you guys are sitting there reading this, thinking, “Just show the thing to me, for Pete’s sake!!!” Haha…!

So yeah. Probably next Sunday or so (or eariler, if I can manage it), I’ll probably scan the drawing and possibly post it here. (I guess it’s all a matter of who can handle our inside jokes. A lot of people have a hard time understanding siggys I make or drawings I sketch because they revolve heavily around me and my sister’s inside jokes. This would be just one out of many…! :unamused:)

little chef

Man, I couldn’t resist. :laughing: I got done the picture today, and I just had to post it up! Hope it’s not too big… ;-p (no pun intended, of course!)

Auguste as Bleeker and Renata as Juno :stuck_out_tongue:

Reference used: Official Juno movie poster

I know the first thing you’ll probably notice is my horribly-drawn hands. :blush: Dang, I hate hands…! Also, I had a lot of trouble with the stupid “O” in “Juno”. shakes head Critique, comments?

I think it’s pretty cute. :wink: What say you?

little chef

Haha, I love the concept, red! Very clever idea! :laughing: You’ve paid a lot of attention to detail in this one, and although it might be to do with little things like their differing hairstyles or their shoes, it makes all the difference. Nice clear lineart and shading too. Renata’s hand looks very good, and Auguste’s left hand by his side looks fine, it’s just his other hand that’s perhaps a little off, though it’s difficult to get a hand in that position looking just right. The other fingers could perhaps be a bit more curled, but it depends on what the original poster looks like too. But good work, all in all! And I think the ‘O’ of ‘Juno’ looks perfect! :smiley: