The Art of Toy Story 3

Yeah, one too many zero’s on that price tag.

Originally, the Toy Story 2 Sketchbook was $100.00. But they only printed about 2500 of them, hence the current price.

Amazon has a “Look Inside” up for The Art of TS3. It’s amazing, but be warned of HUGE spoilers, even in the small preview.

amazon.com/Art-Toy-Story-Cha … dpp_img_in

Yeah, I looked inside and I didn’t know that there was huge spoilers, so I thinnk I spoiled the ending for myself :laughing:

I don’t know if anyone has realized this yet, but Amazon seems to be shipping the book early. If you order it now and chose 1 day shipping then you can get it by the 18th. Also I checked on my orders and they are getting ready to ship it out. It will be arriving 2 days before the offical release date. I assume the latest might be on the release date cause it seems like it might ship between now and the 20th. Least that’s what it’s saying for me. o_O So if you preordered the book then check your orders out to see when it’s arriving.

Well my grandparents pre-ordered it for me…so I’m not sure if I can check when it’s going to be sent. But they told me it’s supposed to be in by June 1st at the latest, so at least I know it’ll be in by then. Though if it’s in earlier, I won’t be complaining!

Just got notification from Amazon that it’s been shipped. Yes Haw!

Amazon pulled the Look Inside down, probably because practically every page had spoilers on it. Nonetheless, from what I saw it looks like a great book, and I can’t wait to get it! :smiley:

mine shipped too! D: I don’t know if I can take having that around my house without spoiling myself xD

Speaking of spoilers, Disney put up a bunch of Toy Story 3 books for free online, including the junior novel and storybook. Try to resist!
disneydigitalbooks.com/

Just got word my copy has shipped from amazon. Coming by snail mail super saver though.That will teach me.

Oh, thanks a lot Disney! Maybe just a peek…
Edit: Never mind. It says you have to have a membership. :frowning: Oh, well. I can wait another month (I hope)!

Just came home and found my copy of the book waiting for me. The only problem I have is, should I look or not?. It’s still 2 months from the release of the film here in the UK.I had this on a pre order for July,so it’s shipped earlier than I expected. Hmmmm…what to do.

I have the same problem as you, Theclaw. I mean, does it spoil the whole movie at the beggining of the book? If so, I’m not gonna look :stuck_out_tongue:

The table of contents has spoilers and so do some of the first pages. Don’t open it!

Well I tried but couldn’t stop myself from reading this book. I have the original ‘art of toy story’ which is a really wonderful book. This one however, manages to surpass the original in every way. Every toy story fan should own this book without doubt. Even if your just interested in animation in general, this book delivers.

I don’t know. Personally, I really like the fact that PIXAR decided to not try and hide anything from us in the book, and instead give us full coverage of every single plot point. I’ve received my copy, but I’m refusing to look at it and even gave it to my brother to hide from me. Then on when I see the film on opening day, I’ll take the book with me and immediately read it after I watch it. I think I can enjoy it more that way.

Also, at Bryko614, YES 20 days until the film! :astonished:

Just got the book for my birthday. It’s fantastic! They’ve really outdone themselves this time with this book. Chock full of fun information and designs. And the color script is magnificent. One of the best Pixar books, highly recommended.

Nice book. The writing of the book is not as good as usual, but there’s lots of nice artwork. The brilliant production designer, Bob Pauly, is well represented. His artwork is astonishing, and very inspiring. Apparently he was the first artist on the film, and the last off, and he was key in every aspect of the design of the film, from character and set design to color, texture, and lighting. Well done!

Bob Pauly is also the only artist at Pixar who’s worked on all three Toy Story films.

So I finally read this since TS3 is out. I may be misremembering the previous Art Of books but there seems to be so much more text in this one. There’s so many details about the development of the characters and story and it’s really dang great! It’s like being able to pick the brains of the Pixar crew and seeing how they’re thinking and modifying the film to make it the best they can. I hope the Art Of series delves deeper into that kinda thing while still showcasing the amazing concept art.