The 'How to...' Thread

Does anyone know how to change the text size within your signature?

Also, is there a limit to how large your signature can be?

I’ve used the [size=x][/size] tags before in my sigs (‘x’ being the size number). As for dimensions, I forgot the exact maximum, but I’ve played around and the magic number for me is ‘750 by 250 pixels’, leaving me one line to write text for links and taglines and such. You can probably stretch the length, but 250 is usually the width I stick with.

Don’t worry if the image’s too big, the forum automatically resizes the pics for you (but crowds out any text you type in afterwards, which is why I stick to my magic number). :slight_smile:

Thanks!

There were a couple of threads where I checked the “Notify me when a reply is posted” box. I’m not wanting that to come up now, so how do I get it to stop sending e-mails each time someone posts?

[EDIT]-Okay… I figured it out. :blush: :sunglasses:

Does anyone know how to make a sig bigger? No matter what I do it’s always the same size. Half of the other members sigs are twice as big as mine.

Hmm, from what I can see, Pixarfan91, your signature is the maximum length but could be wider. The maximum size for a signature is 175 pixels by 500, so unless you were to change the proportions of your signature, if it’s already reached the 175 length you can’t make it any bigger (unless you stretch it).

O man, well, i may make it a little wider, not to much so Syndrome dosen’t look fat. Thanks Lizardgirl.

Hey, does anyone know how to make custom avatars with text and everything? Any help would be appreciated.

Just open Microsoft Paint, and then, if you have it installed, move onto GIMP and/or Adobe Photoshop. The best way to learn is through your mistakes, and to do it yourself so just have a go.

Oh, OK, thank you. Unfortunately, I have a mac, so I don’t think either of those is an option…

They have GIMP for Mac: gimp.org/macintosh/ (it’s free, similar to Mozilla Firefox and Open Office)