The Importance of A Bugs Life...

Huh. This was an interesting thread until the oven burner got too hot.

Now that I really get to thinking about it, ABL really gets to showing the “domino effect” of how one individual can bring together an entire group of people and enable them to LIVE as a group and overcome their challenges (Yet another difference between it and its “competitor”. A big, humongous difference XD ). It also comes to show that perhaps in some ways, doing things differently is effective in rising above obstacles that prevent them from advancing. In such an act, an individual may not only change life for himself and his own people, but others as well.

I guess that’s my thoughts on it.

While A Bug’s Life isn’t my favorite Pixar film, it’s the one I remember the most. It was the film that originally got me interested in Pixar, so it’s pretty important to me :wink: Also, Hopper was the first villain to actually scare me. His no holds barred beat down of Flik terrified me as a kid :open_mouth:

I think A Bug’s Life was the first Pixar movie I saw in theaters. (That or Toy Story) It is close to the bottom of my list but I like it. It should at least have it’s own short.

I don’t get why it’s so unpopular. It’s not my favorite, but I always end up smiling during it. It may be b/c I just watched it for the first time in 6 years a couple of weeks ago, but I really like A Bug’s Life.

I just couldn’t get into A Bug’s Life like I could the others. Maybe it was because the characters were not as lovable, or maybe it was because the plot wasn’t as good as say Monsters Inc. It wasn’t as funny either.

Not that it is a bad movie though! I like A Bug’s Life, but I think PIXAR has done a better job with other movies.

When I was growing up as a little girl, “A Bug’s Life” was already out on VHS by that time, and it was one of my TOP favorite movies to watch again and again! I was SO captivated by the characters and all the excitment of it all!
As I got older, I realized that I am a LOT like Flick…even to this day, I think I resemble him! If I honestly had to pick ANY character that has ever been created by the geniuses at Pixar, it would definitley be Flick. He tries to think of new ideas that will help, most of the time they’re complete failures, he’s brave and bold, not afraid to stand up for what is right…despite being akward! LOL! :slight_smile: That’s what is so charming about him, and I think that I’m A LOT like him in that respect.

Because I grew up with “A Bug’s Life” and I’ve always loved Flick, the film will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS remain my second favorite Pixar movie of all time. My first is WALL-E, and I’m afraid that will never change… :wink:

But I have noticed, too, how “A Bug’s Life” is very overlooked these days…which is why I was very eager to join the usergroup for this film! I think we should appreciate “A Bug’s Life” a little more, and what better place to give it the praise it is due than a website like this one! :slight_smile:

After all, John Lasseter HIMSELF directed this film! It is truly a shining example of his creative story talents…and my imagination ALWAYS starts flying whenever I watch the trailer for “A Bug’s Life” or hear the soundtrack, because the film is SO inspiring!

“A Bug’s Life” should be praised and noticed a bit more…I truly agree! What do you all think?

I had ABL on VHS and my siblings would watch it like once a year. It was so different than other movies and we really liked it. Then once the Monsters, Inc. DVD came out and the start of my interest in Pixar began, I found out that ABL too was a Pixar movie. I was surprised but impressed. A Bug’s Life was and is important to me, even if it’s not as critically beloved as other Pixar films or on the top of fan’s minds, including my own.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I believe that if “A Bug’s Life” hadn’t been released in the 90’s and let’s say it was just released like THIS year or maybe the next, it probably would be just as popular as “Toy Story 3” or “WALL-E”! I just think more peope need to realize the message, the heart, and the wonderful story of the “older” Pixar films. It doesn’t matter when they were released…but I think more people just need to be aware of the greatness of the beginning films that started Pixar’s success and laid the foundation of one of the greatest story-telling companies in the world!

The message and the heart of "A Bug's Life" is so wonderful and amazing, it's so sad people don't truly appreciate it!
I think the moral of the story is this: those who dare to be different are sometimes the ones who are right.  One person CAN make all the difference in the world because of his heart is pure, good, and brave.  Even though he was concidered as an odd-ball, the unlikely friendships he made along his journey and the perserverance that kept his dreams alive, he was finally able to make a difference for those he loved!
Is this not one of the greatest stories ever told or what?

What do you all think?

I think you’re right.

I really like this movie, and wish people would quit citing it and Cars as “Pixar’s black sheep”. Are these people nuts? :imp:

I’ve never really heard too much bad reviews or opinons on “A Bug’s Life”, but if I did, I know I’d start to get really defensive… :angry: I was FURIOUS when I read so many bad reports and criticism about “WALL-E”…and that’s when I wrote a letter (mostly to myself) about why I thought those people were mistaken and wrong (CHECK OUT THE LETTER IN THE WALL-E FORUM!). I also wrote a similar letter when I read a poor review about “Cars” (this letter is in the CARS forum, too…)
I think the bottom line is this: when people dislike certain stories and/or films, there is either a problem with the way the story is told or the audiences’ failure to understand it. One does not have to be a writer or filmmaker to appreciate a good story; one just has to be a good audience and listener.
People who want to be entertained have lost the art of living. They want the story just to speak for itself and don’t even try to immerse themselves in the characters and their struggles and triumphs.

Anyways, I think this applies for people when they overlook “A Bug’s Life”. I, for one, am NOT going to overlook such a wonderful film as this one!

Are you trying to sell those cars? Because we’re not supposed to do that.

The reason the thread died is cause there not much to say but ABL ROCKS :exclamation: and then leave…

Yeah, pretty much :wink:

I hate when people call this and Cars the black sheeps aswell. UGH! They’re not bad films by any stretch of imagination :slight_smile:

agreement

The fact that ABL and Cars are the only weak links just shows how great Pixar really is, because at worst those movies are average. Dreamworks and Disney’s worst movies are probably much worse than average. 8D