The Incredibles:Statuete (my first fanfic)

this is my first fanfic, so bear with me.

thank you to haunt for violets supername.

Helen Parr sat at the kitchen table at the Morgan house hold, twiddling her fingers. Her 17-year-old daughter Violet sat beside her, and her 13-year-old son Dash on the other side. Her husband, Bob, was at a business trip. They had gotten a call two days ago from Mr. Morgan, asking them to come. He explained that a twelve year old foster girl staying at their home, Marissa needed help. Of course, it was their superhero hotline, and right now they where Elastigirl, The Dash, and Haunt.
       "Soo," she started to the man and woman sitting across from her, "What is wrong with Marissa?"
       "Well, nothing is WRONG, but she shows, well, special qualities." said a thin woman with a bit too sing songy voice. 
      "Then what are we here for!?!" said Dash, obviously annoyed he had to cancel a video game marathon for this.
       “I mean superhero-type qualities.” 
       “Like what?” Elastigirl asked.
       “Well,” Mr. Morgan said, “I checked her history, and it said that ever since she was a small child, strange occurrences had been happening when she was very upset or angry.”
       “May I meet the girl?”
       “Yes. Marissa!” he called.
A thin girl with strait brown hair chopped a little bit below her shoulders entered the room. Her face was hard, like stone, and rather old looking, as if she had to become very mature at a very young age. She had a dark scowl on her face, like she learned to distrust the people around her. Trying to sound as friendly as she could, Haunt started.
“So, Marissa, how’s life?”
“fine.”
“How do you like it here?”
“okay.”
Elastigirl cut in.
“What are your ‘superhero qualities’?”
“Rocks move when I want them to. Or don’t.”
“Don’t move?”
“No. Don’t want them to.” 
“ah.”
“Anyway,” Mrs. Morgan started, “We where wondering if she could live with you, for the time being, so she would get help learning to control her powers.”
“NO!” 
The sudden outburst from the child brought a jump from all of them. 
“Not without Conner!”
“Who’s Conner?” The Dash asked.
A small boy who looked like Marissa crept in. He looked about eight or nine, and looked at them cautiously, as if he was afraid they’d attack him.”
“This is Conner, her little brother.” Mrs. Morgan explained, “She’s like a mother to him. It’s adorable! *giggle*” 
“I’m not going without Conner.”
Helen’s heart gave out to the child. Such perseverance, when speaking her mind. So strong willed, and so determined to her little brother.
“May I talk with you, Mr. and Mrs. Morgan, in private?” she said.
“Of course.” They lead her to another room.

Well, it is a very good start. Keep it up. I love TI fanfics.

Chapter 2

Helen drove away, exhausted. That woman was so creepily CHEERY, and it took forever to get anything straitened out. Their parents where unknown. Her heritage was, too. pretty much everything was unknown.The girl and her brother where going to come the next day.
“You know, Dads not going to be happy when he sees you did this without his say.” Dash chided.
“Well, whats he gonna do? Cast them out on the street?” she replied with a smile. She knew his hero instincts would not let him send them out, so to avoid him saying no, she simply made the choice without him.
“Vi, will you prepare their room tonight?”
“Can’t. Got the date with Brian, remember?”
“What ever happened to Tony? I liked him.”
“Mom, we broke up, like, a year and a half ago. I’ve gotten over it, why can’t you?”
“Dash, you’ll have to do it then.”
“Awww, Mom!”
The children showed up at their door with very few bags. After a couple way to emotional goodbyes from Mrs. Morgan, she left them to the Parrs. Helen helped the kids move in.
“Now that we’re all at home, how about some dinner?”
Man, was it awkward. Marissa barley talked, and Conner spoke even less. After many failed attempts start a conversation, Helen decided to call it a day. Before the girl walked away Helen tried to make it better.
“I hope you know, honey, that I understand what you are going through. I went through it too.”
“You really think that?” Marissa replied. “You actually believe you know how this feels?” She turned in early, and as she flopped on her bed and fell asleep, she the dreamed of the first time she discovered her powers.
It was the first day of kindergarten, and she was an eager little kid of five. She sat playing with the blocks and made a large tower, and the teacher came over to compliment on her hard work. A fat boy with sticky fingers came over, and knocked it over with his foot. She started to cry, and the boy just taunted her more, running around her singing
“Cry baby! Cry baby! 'arissa’s a cry baby!”
“STOP!”
Just as she screamed stop, a rock from the pet rock display flew off and hit him in the head. He ran crying to the teacher, and Marissa went on repairing her tower. Later at recess, he and three other boys came and pushed her down, singing cry baby and stole her lunch money, and ripped off the leg of her teddy bear. It was the last thing she had gotten from her mother before she disappeared, and then Marissa just cracked.
“GO AWAAAY!” and the asphalt below them shook, the earth cracking. Everyone screamed that it was an earthquake, and the teachers herded them inside. When Marissa calmed down, the quake stopped.

Marissa woke with a jump. Conner was sleeping in the bed beside her. She caught her breath and fell asleep again.

Awww, poor Marissa. Very good flash back dude. Keep it up. I am really liking this story.

Wow, Rac_Rules, this is quite good. Great job on the speed, too! :wink:

thanks for the compliments, guys.

You’re welcome man. Can’t wait to read more.

Chapter 3
Marissa woke up, something tugging at her arm. She looked down, and a little boy was standing there.
“Aww, hey little guy.” she said. He burst into flames.
“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” she screamed, and Helen sped into the room.
“WHATS WRONG? Oh.” She chuckled and picked up the boy. “I see you met Jack-Jack.”
“Jack-Jack?” Marissa said.
“Yes. He has many powers. More than me or his father.”
As if by cue, Bob walked through the front door. His bulging muscles where hid by a sensible shirt and jacket. He kissed Helen and hugged his kids. Marissa came down the stairs, and sighed. He was just like her father when he was still alive. Bob looked up, and made a confused expression.
“Uh, hello. And who might you be?”
Helen jumped in.
“Um, honey, may I talk to you in the kitchen?”
The next hour was filled with some yelling, slamming, and finally a gradual silence. Bob walked through the kitchen door. He turned to Marissa.
“So, who where your parents? They where supers, right? Did I know them?”
“I don’t know. They never told me. I knew they where supers, cause how else would I have these powers? but they never told us which super they where, I guess to protect us. Once I saw my mom talking to this stray dog outside, though”
“Well,” he said smiling, “I know the woman to ask.”
Mirage led them down the hall. Marissa thought she was like those actresses the guys she knows always worship. Beautiful, and with a deep voice thats not man deep but a graceful and intelligent deep.
“Now,” She said, “She was talking to a stray dog?” she asked, carrying a laptop.
“Yes.” Marissa said timidly. She had just been explained this womans past, and felt a little uneasy being with a woman who killed so many supers.
“Well, it seems she would be AnimaLily. Talks to animals. Now I just have to put this in the main computer…”
“Is it this?” said Conner, running down a long hall.
“Conner! Get back here! It’s very rude to-” but he wasn’t listening to Marissa. He was staring at the computer screen, gaping. It had their mother’s picture on the side, and in big red letters, it said one word:
TERMINATED
“You.” She whispered.
“Honey, I-”
“You killed my mom.”
“I don’t remember killing them.” Mirage mumbled.
“So? What does that prove? You killed so many and never thought anything of it!” She ran down the hall. She didn’t know where she was going. She didn’t care. She just wanted to get away from there. She sat beside a large plant and caught her breath.
“I was hoping I’d find you here.” said a very tall woman above her.

Oh boy, it gets better with each new chapter. Keep it up. I really like this.

Oh, poor Marissa.

Oh, that Syndrome… :imp:

Chapter 4

“Me?” she asked timidly.
“Of course. That is why I said you” the woman said with a smile. But something about that smile, seemed, sinister. She wore huge platform boots and something that looked like a dark purple leotard, with a large vine in the form of a V on it. She had a long flowing cloak and her dark purple hair seemed to have a life of its own, it flowed around when she walked like a creeping shadow. Marissa noticed her skin seemed to be almost tinted purple. She was attractive, but not in the same way as Mirage. She was a more intimidating kind of attractive.
“What do you want with me?” She asked.
“To bring you on a path to greatness.”
“Excuse me?”
“Here.” She put her hand on Marissa’s shoulder and snapped her finger. All of a sudden, they were in a huge dark room with dark purple walls and a large throne at the end.
“Are you a super?” she asked. The woman laughed.
“You catch on for someone so powerful.”
“I’m powerful?”
“Marissa, darling! If I didn’t think you where powerful, why would I bring you here?”
“Wait, how do you know my name?”
“I think we are getting off the subject.” She sat in the throne. “My name is Vertax. have a wonderful offer for you. I want you to join me in my work.”
“Superheroing?” The woman laughed again.
“No, darling! Just the opposite.”
“I’m not gonna be a supervillan!”
“I like to think of it as having ‘ambition not for the greater whole’.”
“So selfishness.”
“Selfishness!?! If you are a superhero, thats all you serve! Stuck up, snobby people who pay no attention to you until they are in trouble, until THEY need help! Then if for one time you don’t save them, for one time you think about yourself, they tag you as selfish and undependable! Is that what you WANT? And those MEN! All of those male superheros. Those old comic books have brainwashed them to think that all women supers need to be cared for and protected. Well it is not so! Do you want to spend you life being a servant to idiots like them?”
“No.”
“Then join me!”
“But what about the Parrs? They did take me in.”
“And what have they taught you?”
“Well, nothing yet. But I’ve only been there for a day-”
“A day that was wasted! One day can quickly turn into ten, and that can turn into a year!” Her tone softened.
“And think about their friend. She killed your mom. Most likely your dad, too. How can you trust their word if they can’t seem to pick healthy friends?”
“I guess…”
“And if you stay with me, you can be my predecessor. All this will be yours! This huge castle! My multi millions!”
“That would be nice.”
“All you have to do is join me.”
Marissa reached out and hesitated.
“Come on, child. You will never have to worry about anything again. No people to answer to. No laws to follow. Only fun.”
The girl reached out and shook her hand.

Oh my goodness, this gets better and better each and every new chapter! Keep it up! I need to know what will happen next!

sorry its a little late, ive been pretty busy lately :~o

Chapter 5

“Where did she go?” Elastigirl said as she franticly searched for the runaway.
“I’m not sure, but this computer can pick up and superpower activity evidence.” Mirage replied, still looking from side to side every now and then to see if Conner was still avoiding her.
“Well it better find it QUICK!” Elastigirl snapped, trying her best not to yell.
“Here. It picked something up.” Mirage stared at the computer for a long time. “Oh no.”
“What?”
“Strands of hair that look like shadows. There is only one super that can be.”
“Well, spit it out, man!” The Dash said rudely, getting a sharp glance from his mother.
“Vertax. Her powers are transportation, turning completely black, and disappearing when in shadows or darkness. She was a hero at first, but got fed up with male superheros and became a villain.” she sighed. “Buddy tried to recruit her to helping him, but she refused.”
“So you know her.” Mr. Incredible said.
“Yes.”
“So you would know where to find her.”
“So what do I do know?” asked Marissa, the newest super villain.
“Wreck havoc! Destroy cites! Create chaos! Anything you darn want!”
Marissa looked away. She didn’t want to really hurt people. She only wanted the freedom. All her life she had to practically raise her little brother. As a result, she never really had a life of her own. Days she could have spent hanging out with her friends she had to spend comforting Conner after he got teased by a bully. They had become inseparable, but her friendships had grown apart.
“What if, what if I don’t want to today?”
“Then we can start your training, I guess. But we’ll have to start sometime.”
“When, exactly?”
“No more than a month.”
Marissa was worried. That wasn’t that long.
What have I got myself into? she thought.
“Marissa! There you are!” She turned to see the very last person she wanted to see at this point.

I can on;y guess that it is her brother she saw? Very good chapter dude. I can’t wait for the next one.

chapter 6 (hopefully this will make up for last chapters stinkyness :frowning: )

The Incredibles family stood there, Mirage and Conner in tow.
“Quick, put this on.” Vertax whispered to Marissa.
“What is it?” she asked.
“It’s a high tech bracelet. It will give you immediate control of your powers.” she slipped it on her wrist. It clamped tightly on her arm.
“Marissa, why are you here?” Mr. Incredible asked.
“I-”
“She has joined me in becoming a villain!”
“Your joking.”
Marissa looked at the floor.
“And now, due to her ignorance, she has become my slave!” Vertax pushed a button on her throne. The bracelet on Marissa’s wrist started to buzz, then glow. She could feel her brain shutting down, and everything turned to a blur.
“And just so you know, girl, I killed your parents. I simply framed this woman to turn you away from them. Oldest trick in the book.”
Marissa’s head started to spin, and eventually everything went black. Her body, however, was still working, and at the villain’s command. She looked up, her eyes full of hate.
“Destroy them!”
Marissa walked forward. The Incredibles stood in their defense position. But Vortax knew better. She knew the child could not fight them on her own, so using invisible lasers, drained their powers temporarily. Just enough to defeat them. Marissa started to throw rocks with her mind. Haunt tried to make a force field, but nothing would happen.
“Mom!” she screamed. The family was pelted with rocks. The ground started to shake. Huge columns started to shoot from it, knocking them away like flies. They lay on the ground, defeated and weak. Marissa turned to Mirage. The ground started to sink, and Mirage was sealed in a underground hole The last one left was Conner, standing in a corner in horror. She walked up to him, and stopped.
“Marissa, please! Don’t hurt me! Please come back!” he sobbed.
“Kill him! Kill him now!” Vertax screeched. But something in the back of her mind, something still alive, triggered a thought. She started to be able to think again. Her subconscious was a little bit under control. She could not, would not, kill her little brother. Slowly, she took over her mind again.
“Get away from me!” she screamed at Vertax and shot her out of the room, over a cliff and into a waterfall. She smashed the button on the throne, turning off the bracelet. Catching her breath, she released Mirage and helped the Incredibles up. Conner ran to her and wrapped around her, happy to have his sister back.
“Thank you for returning, Marissa.” he said.
Two days later, Marissa looked at a e-mail on the Parr’s computer.
“Mrs.Parr, come see this!”
“What?” Helen said as she came in.
“This team of girls who have similar powers as me say they want me on their team. They said I can bring Conner. One named Alison controls water, one named Leah controls air, one named Thereasa controls fire, and one named Kelly controls plants.”
“Thats wonderful.”
“Yeah. I’m pretty sure I’m going to accept.”
“Good. We’ll miss you.”
“Thank you for taking me in. Even after, you know.”
“No harm done. Now, lets get you packed.”
The team came to pick her up the next day. Alison called herself Wave, and she had flowy blonde hair with bright blue eyes. Leah called herself Tornado, and she had strait dirty-blonde hair and a shy personality. Thereasa’s, or Volcanoe’s, fiery red hair fit her personality. Kelly was African-American and very bubbly, and her alter-ego was Underbrush.
“Your gonna need a name if your going to join our team.” Thereasa remarked.
“You’re right. Whats going to be my name?”
“How about… Statuete? Statue for, you know the rock thing, and “ete” for being a girl.” Haunt said.
“I like it!” said the newly named Statuete.
They packed the siblings things in their small plane and sped off.

The End

Go Marrisa! :smiley:

Scary, man. Nice work, RR! And you’re doing an excellent job with the speed, too. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

this is actually the last chapter. oh wait! i forgot to put why i named the fanfic statuete!

Wow, that was a really good story you wrote there. I really enjoyed reading it. Keep it up. I hope to read more TI fics from ya.

well, so, thats the end. i hope all of youl liked it (and by all of you i mean tss and A113). i hope you will read future ones.

LOL! It was pretty good. I’ll be glad to read them.

I give this story a 4/5 star rating. :wink: