The Last Airbender (2010)

Yes. The show was never my favorite, but I liked it a lot better than the movie.

I’m not sure if I posted about this, but I had the “pleasure” of watching this work of cinematic garbage a few weeks ago. As a huge fan of the show, I was personally insulted by it to say the least. The effects were okay, but the rest was just painful.

Also this:
youtube.com/watch?v=UfDk3I6di5E

8D That was cool. And perfectly fitting.

Sorry to hear that they ruined it for you. A lot of my friends also said they were incredibly disappointed with the movie as well. That they could never watch the V series the same way again.

I personally wasn’t a fanatic anyway. I can still watch the show. My view of the show is unchanged. I just can’t say nice things about Hollywood or Shamalayan now. 8D

I’ll probably give Shamalayan another chance. This was just one of his worst movies, but who knows? he may surprise us with a good one in the future.

I don’t have faith on him anymore, but we are taking about the guy who made The Sixth Sense, maybe in a distance future he comes back with great ideas

Yeah, that’s true. I’m sure he will.

I personally don’t hate him, I’m just a little underwhelmed. For my hate, someone has to do something that I find personally profoundly offensive.

Out of curiousity, what has J Katz done personally to you to make you hate him?

I’m very, very disgraced with the last airbender movie. Not only am i disappointed of the show itself, but trying to put 780 minutes of the first book in 1 and a Half hours of film, and make it impressive too! Also, Aang sounds like a 40-year old pedophile, unlike the cute adorable 10 year tone he once had. Not to hurt MentalGuru’s feelings, but, i just don’t like the whole thing in general, especially with M. Night Shaymalan doing this.

What a twist!

Am I the only person that thought the martial arts in the movie looked like a joke?

See: Everything to do with Disney and Pixar. I’ve never met him, so obviously he’s never directly done anything to me.

But back to the topic. Martial arts always look ridiculous in live-action American movies, in my experience. Of course, I haven’t seen every one, but the ones I’ve seen always look that bad.

Mt best friend takes martial arts. She said that the ones they did in the movie did not look authentic.

I’m sure anyone who practiced them would be pretty turned off by the movie-effects. They look so stupid!! Have you seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? Terrible. Bad movie, bad characters, and terrible fight scenes.

I completely 100% disagree with everything you said. I loved the movie. It wasn’t bad. Have you seen the original? It was brilliant!

I meant the movie that came out in 2000 with Chow Yun Fat. Is that the original? I’d say that was the remake, if it is a remake. It’s a little new to have a remake.

Anyway. 8D Um, yeah. I have to wonder if there’s anyone alive who actually enjoyed TLA. 8D

I haven’t seen the movie myself at all somethingguy912 and you shouldn’t worry about hurting my feelings on the matter, but overall from what I heard I have no interest in seeing it for myself at all. (Nitpick here: Aang is 12 and 13 by the original epilogue though not 10. I like the Aang or the -original- series. He’s a fun kid. Plus I liked the eventual friendship he formed with Zuko, which was adorable.).

In the end Noah did mean I was somewhat hopeful though for his part, due to the fact it seemed there was a reason he was picked- behind the scenes he SEEMED like Aang in personality, also he was a martial arts expert. There seemed to be some kind of logic behind choosing him for the role. Also because I heard the Blue Spirit episode was in it, one of the best episodes of the first season along with the finale itself. It was one of the few times Zuko was actually an impressive fighter too in that season- probably because he wasn’t firebending and keeping his mouth shut. I also love the season 1 finale for Aang going down to Koh and dealing with that the best he could as well as being a real hero and saving his enemy. Also for Yue.

Noah seemed to have Aang’s opimistic personality from behind the scenes evidence. And he also had martial arts. The director in question has previously been lauded as being GOOD at directing kids, since the Sixth sense and all.

But then the director didn’t use any of that possibility with Noah it seems, and Sokka and Katara were absolutely horrible actors apparently (but I think everyone has the potential to be a good actor, and acting isn’t hard at all- you just have to grow in confidence yourself, put yourself in the characters shoes and learn to take criticism and good direction without being a pre-madonna. After that acting is EASY.). Zhao apparently was the worst- generally in the fandom there seems to be people saying it’s terrible to those who say Aang’s actor was okay but not great (and not used to his best potential), a few others actually say Zuko and Iroh were… tolerable. But absolutely everything else was horrible.

But Zhao, Sokka and Katara were just unforgiveable to everyone who saw it basically.

Plus apparently it took a whole troop 5 minutes of extreme dance moves in order to move one measley rock. XD.

There was even a person called rufftoon on the net cricised their scenes (who was an early fan of the show who actually eventually came to work on THE ACTUAL SHOW later- she has also had jobs elsewhere- and is also fandom famous also for producing perhaps the best ‘fancomic’ of the series based on Zhao himself in an AU where he survived- but that’s off topic). Anyhow, she pointed out some problems with the movie action scenes such as here:

rufftoon.deviantart.com/art/Stor … -175387734

The first half of the piece is an example of a GOOD scene (from the actual animated series), one where it flows and doesn’t confuse the viewers)- it’s from the episode ‘Imprisoned’. The panel underneath shows however where logical problems have resulted in using the exact same scene.

(Even disregarding the fact in the movie they were surrounding by earth in this instance instead of metal).

Original? :open_mouth: There is only one movie, and it came out in 2000. The people jump up on trees and walls while fighting. How is it the original if it’s the only one, and fairly new? And why is it good? I mean, if you enjoy it, that’s one thing. But personally, it is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen, and the worst Kung Fu movie I’ve ever seen. :confused: I mean, I don’t see why it’s good in any aspect. I can see why someone would enjoy it, but it is not good.

IV: If you want me to explain, I can and will. Just drop me a PM, and I’ll give you my reasons why this movie is one of the best intenational movies I’ve seen in my lifetime.

But let’s not get offtopic.