The Little Clownfish

Should I continue this?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

This is not my first fanfic , but it is my first nemo story so constructive critisism is encouraged! :smiley:

Well, here goes nothing! This is going to be a crossover between the little mermaid and finding nemo :wink: !

Enjoy! (Sorry the format got messed up when I copied and pasted it! :blush: )

[u]The Little Clownfish[/u]

Nemo and Pearl swam carefully out of the reef and toward the drop off. They couldn’t risk being caught, for they knew that if Nemo’s dad, Marlin, caught  them they would be in some deep trouble. He didn’t like them venturing off so far away from the reef. 

This couldn’t had bothered Nemo less as he swam carefree doing a flip into a backstroke lazily. However, Pearl was another story. She shook, tentacles flailing,  as they neared the dark looming house of death Nemo had called a “Butt Wreck”. 

“Come on Pearl! Its an adventure!” , He chimed flipping through the water with his “lucky fin” shaking wildly. 

“HA! Adventure?” she exclaimed snorting, “More like death trap to me! Come on Nemo! Lets Go! You’re dad is going to blow his top!”

“HaHa like Mount Wannahogalugi?” Nemo added giggling goofily

Pearl rolled her eyes

“Nemo , could you at least try to be serious?”

Nemo sighed begrudgingly “Pearl! Come on! Why do you always have to burst my bubbles! At least try to have fun! Loosen up!“ This comment did not seam to have an affect on Pearl as she gave a disapproving stare to her orange comrade

“Besides, there is NO WAY my dad will catch us”  Nemo added with a grin, pleased with himself. 

Peach rolled her eyes.

“Uhuh, sure, and why is that?” 

“Because!” Nemo exclaimed grabbing onto Pearl  with his fins stopping her from her nervous shaking and twisting.

“He’s doing Neptune knows what with Dory all day! And they never leave the reef for anything! Plus my Dad is always extra distracted around Dory! ” Seeing his friend was still not sold on the idea he added,

“Don’t you trust me” Pearl sighed.

“Nemo, Its not  you I don’t trust it’s your “bright ideas”!”  Concurring that this was the best answer he would get from her Nemo continued swimming toward the “butt wreck” 

Okay, well i hope that didn’t suck too bad! Please review and I’ll be sure to get the next chapter up soon. I’m sorry this one was so short! :blush:

Very nice so far! I like the banter between Pearl and Nemo, it reveals a lot about Pearl’s timid and Nemo’s adventurous characters.

I liked this quote:
“He’s doing Neptune knows what with Dory all day! And they never leave the reef for anything! Plus my Dad is always extra distracted around Dory! ”
That line implied Marlin has a thing for Dory beyond being just friends! :wink:

I’m liking what I’m reading so far. So will the characters from The Little Mermaid appear, or is Nemo suppose to stand for Ariel and Pearl for Flounder? :question:

both actuallly. Nemo has the personality of Ariel deffinately and Pearl for Flounder, but I’ll also include characters from the original Little Mermaid!

Yes, I was actually implying that Marlin has a thing for Dory! :smiley:

Thank you for your nice review! I’ll be sure to get a new chapter up soon!

Chapter Two

Finally Nemo and Pearl reached the “butt wreck”, as Pearl, finally, not being able to hold the fear in any more inked.

“Gah! Nemo! You made me ink! Come on lets go back! This place is a dump! Who knows what could be in there!” Pearl exclaimed as she started to swim back toward the reef, only stopping to see that Nemo wasn’t following.

In all honesty Nemo hadn’t been listening all that well to Pearl. All he could notice was the butt!

It was the ugliest butt Nemo had ever seen in his life, and yet it made him curious. It was huge and rotted with green slime oozing from the rotted wood, with a broken mast and dirt covered remains of what was probably a flag. He couldn’t wait to get inside and start exploring!

Finally not able to contain himself any longer Nemo dashed passed his friend toward the ship. 

“N-n-nemo!” Pearl called desperately trying to stop the crazy clownfish. She sighed seeing there was no swaying Nemo when he made up his mind about something. He was so stubborn!

Finally Pearl gave up and screamed after him.

“W-w-wait for me!!!!!” 

Inside the ship Nemo bounced off the walls with excitement! He had never seen so many wonderful things! He picked up a particularly shiny box and examined it. It was made of a shiny silver and glimmered in the dim light of the ship. His excitement  was once again interrupted by his feeble friend.

“Nemo? Do you think there could be s-s-sharks here?” Pearl asked half frightened to death at what the answer might be.

Nemo rolled his eyes

“The chances of a shark catching us are slim
.” He hesitated as Pearl gulped.

“But
..on the slim chance that one DOES come, there’s only a small chance it’ll eat us.” Nemo blurted nonchalantly trying to sooth his friend, and failing. 

“WHAT?” she screamed nearly making Nemo drop the glimmering beauty in his hands.

“What do you mean slim chance? Why WOULDN’T they eat us?” 

She was shaking, turning , and hyperventilating so fast that Nemo thought the boat was going to topple over. 

“Shhhh, come on Pearl its okay. Breath. Okay now there is no chance they will eat us , because, they’re part of the FEA and would never eat a fish. It’s against the program.” he smiled pleased with himself yet again.

Pearl just stared at him jaw open. 

“When we die Nemo, just in case I don’t get to tell you. You’re an idiot!” 

Again Nemo’s eyes rolled. He knew Pearl was just scared. This happened pretty much everyday they went on an adventure. 

Sighing, Nemo turned his attention back to the beautiful item in his hands. He lifted the lid and an array of beautiful music filled the boat. A small human that resembled that of a swan twirled around in the center of the gleam, and art work of children in the sky lay nestled on the top of the lid. 

His eyes grew wide, as did his friends.

“Wow” they sighed amazed at the wonderful find! He only wished he knew what it was! 

Pearl was swirling her tentacles around to the music as she hummed.

“See! I told you it would be that bad!” Nemo said as he smiled at his friend. He too began to twirl around to the music. 

Soon the music became somewhat hypnotic as the two friends began to have no recollection of where they were or had just been. Total peace. Just them and the quiet melody.  

Soon enough though the silence was broken when Pearl bumped into Nemo and fell down through the water, hitting her head on the box. They both screamed as they fell, Pearls nose now bleeding. 

“Ugh! Look at my nose! I knew this was a bad idea Nemo! I knew it!” she sighed  unhappily. She new the fall was pretty much her fault, but Nemo wasn’t the only one that was stubborn. 

Nemo opened his mouth to say something but soon closed it as his eyes opened wide in fear, as he pointed shaking at the window of the ship. Outside was one huge , hungry , great white shark, and at that moment it charged for them.

“PEARL! LOOK OUT!” cried Nemo grabbing her tentacle. She let out a high pitched wail and a spout of ink as the two friends began swimming for their lives. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haha cliffy! Well I’ll be sure not to torture you all too much and try to get the third chapter up soon! XD

Chapter 3

(an: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY! SO I CAN KNOW IF THIS SUCKS OR NOT! :blush: )

Meanwhile

“TAG! YOU’RE IT!” , Dory exclaimed as she placed her fin on Marlin’s side. Marlin laughed and rolled his eyes.

The two friends had been playing tag for the last half hour, as they did on many occasion. Sometimes it seamed that as Nemo got more mature the less mature Marlin got.

Since the “incident” he had learned to loosen up a bit. Mostly thanks to Dory. She could act like such a child at times but, he didn’t mind. There was certainly never a dull moment with Dory.

They were the best of friends, maybe even closer

“No I’m not! You didn’t count to ten! It doesn’t count!”

“That’s NOT a rule silly!” , Dory added, “You just made that up!”

“Actually Dory, YOU made that up about 20 min. ago
.”

He laughed.

Dory’s memory had improved tremendously since she met Marlin, but she still forgot the little things every now and then.

“I did?”, she asked confused as she tapped her fin on her chin deep in thought.

Marlin nodded as Dory shrugged,

“Oh well!” , she yelled optimistically, “What do you want to do now?”

Marlin considered as the two friends leisurely swam along.

“Hmm
I’m getting kind of tired, how about we take a rest.” , he suggested

“You’re tired? HOW! Come on! it’s a beautiful day! The sun is shining!”

Dory said enthusiastically as she floated on her back and sighed, flipping back to her normal position.

“Fine, if you really want to take a rest I guess we can but
” and then she paused a silly look growing on her face. Her eyes glimmering in the clear water.

“YOU HAVE TO CATCH ME FIRST!”

And with that she swam off like a lightning bolt, bubbles trailing behind, laughing all the way.

Marlin rolled his eyes but complied. That was Dory for you

“Oh no you don’t!” Marlin cried as he swam at an equal speed to catch his comrade.

Soon they swam out so far that they were nearing the drop off.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” the two friends screams could probably be heard through the whole ocean.

The shark had broken through the window shattering glass everywhere as Nemo and Pearl swam in the apposing direction, with Nemo dropping his musical treasure.

The two friends swam in a dance of life and death to the hatch.

Pearl slammed it open and shut again as her and Nemo hid inside the hold, praying that the shark didn’t break through that too.

Unfortunately their prays where not answered as they heard the shark banging against the floor boards in a haste to get inside.

BANG

“Nemo!
” Pearl began only to be interrupted by another threatening

BANG

“I”

BANG

“told you”

BANG

“SOOO!”

BANNNNGG

With one last loud deathening bang the floor boards all collapsed as the huge shark charged once again, causing Nemo and Pearl to let out yet another scream.

Quickly they swam up to the main deck again, the shark following.

Nemo through the whole thing Nemo was thinking. Thinking of a plan. All the wheels in his little head were turning. And finally he had it!

He turned his direction to a green rusted cannon in a corner of the ship, with a mast standing behind it.

If he could get the mast to break it would push the canon off the ship and onto the shark!

Yes! A brilliant idea! Nemo thought as he started to swim toward the mast.

“HEY! MR. SHARK! OVER HERE!!!!!” He yelled tauntingly, wiggling his fins.

“Huh?” the shark grunted as it prepared to charge toward the young clownfish, hunger in his bloodshot eyes.

“Nemo!” Pearl cried

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!”

Nemo didn’t answer he was too determined to get his plan right.

As the shark charged at him, Nemo moved slightly to the left, sending the shark flying into the mast and past the ship. This sent the mast flying with force into the canon, sending it toppling on top of the shark.

He lay in a crumbled heap on the sandy ocean floor as Nemo and Pearl stare on with a look of both satisfaction, surprise, and fear.

Pearl began to scream

“WE COULD HAVE DIED! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! YOU IDIOT! THIS IS THE LAST TIME I GO ON ONE OF YOUR CRAZY ADVENTURES NEMO!” She continued as Nemo, as usual, was not listening one bit, but instead thinking about his lost treasure.

Determined to find the musical beauty he began swimming back down the hatch.

“Nemo?” Called Pearl questioningly, following her friend reluctantly.

Soon enough Nemo saw it. Through the dark floorboards of the ship, his glimmering musical beauty. The music box.

He smiled as he swam up to it, about to grab it, as something stopped him.

From the top of ship swam down a human. A human girl to be exact, and she snatched Nemo’s treasure carefully , putting it in her bag.

She paused for a moment, noticing Nemo. She waved, as Nemo stared dumbfounded, taking in her features curiously, waving back.

Her long black hair flowed gracefully through the clear water as the light reflecting beautifully on her porcelain skin.

Her eyes gleamed as wonderful as the shine of the music box, with a smile like the sun on a summer’s day. Everything about her was
.perfect.

Nemo couldn’t exactly explain these feelings to himself, but he knew they were wonderful and that’s all that matters.

Finally, too soon she swam away, taking all her beauty with her to the surface world, a small crustastian following behind her.

Nemo sighed.

He didn’t even care about the music box.

She deserved it more than him, and he wanted her to have it.

He was blissfully unaware of his friends words

All he could think of was her.

“Nemo
.Nemo
..NEMO!” cried Pearl waving her tentacles frantically in her friends face.

“W-what?” Nemo finally asked , snapping back to reality.

“You were spacing out! I was scared! There was a girl and I
..” Pearl was interrupted yet again.

“A wonderful, beautiful girl
..” sighed Nemo dreamily.

“Oh my gosh!” cried Pearl unbelievably.

“What is your problem? You’re a fish, she’s a human, and you’re totally fin over head for her! I will never understand boys!” she huffed.

“Oh but Pearl! She’s not like the other human’s
.she’s 
she’s
special” he exclaimed still in a slight daze.

“Special? How would you know? You just met her? Actually, not even that, you only SAW her!”

Nemo again opened his mouth to say something but heard something that made his blood run cold
.even though it was already cold, since he was a fish.

“Hahahaha!”

“I can’t believe you didn’t catch me until we got all the way out here!” cried a familiar voice

Dory and his Dad

And Nemo realized, he had been caught.

Please reply, Im getting discouraged, Im not even sure if I’ll continue this
so please just give me some feedback, good, or bad. I like crisism.

Im sorry that this chapter is so short, but I was swamped with school work! That being said , this isn’t exactly the best chapter in the world, but I’ll try to do better later. Also Marlin may be a tad OOC in this, again I’m sorry! :frowning:
Chapter 4

Needless to say Marlin was not happy to find Nemo and Pearl in the ship, and Nemo was now grounded.

“Ugh! This isn’t fair!” sighed Nemo, rolling on his side dramatically inside his anemone home half listening to his father’s lecture.

“It most certainly is fair! Nemo, I specially told you to stay in the reef and what do you do? You deliberately disobey me and almost get yourself eaten by a SHARK!” Marlin cried as he hit his fin against his head.

“YOU didn’t stay in the reef! You went out to the exact same place I did! What makes me going there any different!?” added Nemo defiantly. A brief hint of embarrassment came across Marlin’s face at the last part, but was slowly shrugged it off with one an strict face.

“That’s beside the point Nemo, You
you
you could’ve been KILLED! Do you know how stupid you were?” His voice began to quaver on the last words. As he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath to get a hold on his emotions.

“Don’t you see Nemo? I can’t lose you, not like I lost your mother.” Marlin sighed.

Seeing he had depressed his dad Nemo swam over to him, putting his fin on his side comfortingly.

“Dad,” He began “ You aren’t going to lose me. I’m not that little kid that got lost in Sydney! I’m 16 now! I can take care of myself!”

This however did not ease Marlin’s fears.

“But that’s just it Nemo. You obviously cannot take care of yourself! You exhibited that quiet well today! I’m going to go for a swim.” Marlin said as he began to swim away, only pausing to add,

“Don’t even think about leaving anemone , because Dory will be watching. She’s in her cave just outside.”

And with that Marlin swam out of the anemone

“Hmmph” sighed Nemo , defeated.

He was NOT a child anymore, he was merely reckless. He couldn’t help it.

The reef was so BORING! Maybe if his dad wasn’t such a stickler Nemo wouldn’t have to defy him.

Beside, everything he found from the surface world fascinated him. How could he NOT be curious.

He desperately wished for his music box, and to be with the beautiful girl that took it.

Something about her just made Nemo want to sing. Her smile, her eyes, her hair.

She had only waived to him. Not even said 1 word, so why was he already so captivated by her. He knew she probably didn’t even give a second thought to him.

He knew it was impossible, he was a clownfish, she was a human.

But he didn’t care about any of that though. Simply seeing her was enough for him.

He sighed. There was no way that was going to happen. Not with his stickler of a dad and his forgetful friend.

Wait!

That was it!

Dory had surely forgotten about watching him , and he could just sneak up to the surface and be back far before his dad would come back, or even know he was gone.

Maybe there WAS a chance he could see her again!

With that Nemo swam out of the anemone, again defying his father’s wishes.

Well I think it’s great so far! I like how you pictured Nemo’s future attitude and personality. Also the term “butt” still being used to describe a boat was pretty funny and made me smile upon reading it. Sorry I didn’t reply earlier. I think it’s a quite lovable read and I don’t want you to quit writing! It absolutely doesn’t suck, and I say that honestly.
Whoa whoa whoa, did you just describe the human girl as someone with black hair gathering treasure underwater? Is this by any chance who I think it is??? [spoil]Melody?[/spoil]
I really like this!

[spoil]You got it! I couldn’t help but think that her and nemo have similar personalities! XD [/spoil]

Thank you so much for your reply, it means the world to me, and I’m glad you like it!

I’ll try to update soon! :smiley: :smiley:

thank you so much again!

I hope you can. I’d like to read more of this crossover! :smiley:

you should finish this one off, nobody seems to be finishing the fan fictions off and I get so into them. I may have to make one but i’d rather read some one elses they always have better ones than me.
Please finish it off :smiley: