The most undesired Pixar sequel

Yes, I am aware of this. I just think it’s unlikely, Bird isn’t into sequels at all, and would be picky in a story that’d be a sequel to one of his films. So yes, it’s possible, but improbable.

And I think we’re taking the Nemo sequel too literally. Trust me, I wasn’t happy when I heard about a sequel. But it doesn’t have to be about Nemo being lost again. (ie it doesn’t have to be a The Hangover syndrome). The story might be about something entirely different, and the title could be changed to suggest otherwise.

Haha, Nemo gets lost… again. This time, in the Gulf of Thailand. :slight_smile:

Ugh… The Hangover Part II :shake:

I’ve never seen a sequel which is such an exact replica of the original. It’s rare that it happens, so I’m sure it won’t be the case with Finding Nemo.

I see that brought back bad memories! haha

I assume FN2 will be different. I just am not excited for it.

Interesting concept! :laughing:

Sorry to bring on such memories you guys! It was the only example I could think of (further proving Spirit’s point that movies that are replicas are so rare). So the whole “Nemo being lost” thing isn’t a concern of mine.

I guess Wall-E and Ratatouille are the only ones left that REALLY can not have sequels. That would be awful. I doubt Ratatouille would anyway, I think Patton Oswalt wouldn’t agree.

Agreed, but I would include Up in that list. In fact, I think it’s even hardest to come with a sequel to that one.

A Bug’s Life 2 - it’s been too long and many of the key actors have passed. :frowning: Plus, I doubt John Lasseter would direct it and he’s the only one who ought to be anyway.
Finding Nemo 2 - hard to come up with a story. But if Pixar has one, then by all means…proceed. :wink: (I still don’t know how true this is! :blush: )
The Incredibles 2 - oops, never mind. This would actually be a spectacular - no, INCREDIBLE - sequel! :stuck_out_tongue: But if it shall exist, only Brad Bird ought to direct. I really only prefer when the directors of the originals return for the sequels, at least in Pixar’s case.
Ratatouille 2 - actually doable, I think, but can it be done well? Likely not, unless it’s done with the utmost expertise perfection possible! - since that’s what the first one is anyway. But otherwise, I don’t think so. :unamused: Fanfics are a nice resort, though.
WALLE 2 - I wouldn’t recommend it. WALLE and EVE had a nice love story. There’s nothing wrong with leaving it at that, am I right? :stuck_out_tongue:
Up 2 - How? Though I always wondered what it would be like for Dug to take center stage and prove something to the rest of the world with the help of Carl and Russell. For fanfics, of course!
Brave 2 - Also doable, but it needs both time and…well, reconsideration. Let Brave bask in it’s glory before Pixar can come up with another story… :nerd:

If an idea’s so simple that it would not make a good sequel, I’m positive they won’t make it, but the instant Pixar officially announces one…well, that’s when I know they’ve found a way! I’ll root for whatever sequel they actually make.

Yes, I agree.

I too agree with the general consensus that Up would be super difficult to make a sequel. WALL-E and Ratatouille could have sequel potential (I pray to God that it never happens), but if they did one for Up I’d be inconsolably upset.

I’m honestly very disappointed with the sequels they’ve chosen to make. Except Toy Story, none of the ones they made/are making are necessary or serve any purpose.

As long as Pixar made the sequel, I don’t really have much to be disappointed about at all. I won’t be worried until the original Pixar pioneers are no longer at the studio. I would actually argue that even Toy Story 2 should be considered as an unnecessary sequel since it’s original purpose was to be a direct-to-video sequel to keep the original Toy Story movie memorable and alive. I think that’s how I tend to go into the sequels, just wanting to see some good old friends again, but then end up being surprised at the end by how much of an impact the story made. That’s exactly what happened to Toy Story 2, one of my two all-time favorite movies along with Toy Story.

I think maybe Toy Story 3 is the only “relevant” sequel since everyone knew it was going to bring closure to the series. I heard about this and Cars 2 around the same time. Which was I more excited about? Toy Story 3. Which sounded like a better story and idea? Toy Story 3. But which of the tow (oops, 2 - ah, did it again) did I end up loving? Cars 2. It’s just how the film plays out. While Toy Story 3 had a very powerful and moving story, the feel seemed to stray a bit from the others while still looking like a Toy Story film. I still really liked it, but it felt slightly less genuine (?) for the series. Cars 2 I understood though because the universe and characters stayed extremely true to the likes of the first, just in a completely new way. And we still got to see Mater better understand how he’s seen and what he can do. It just continues to establish the theme of friendship and the unexpected events of life from the first one.

I was disappointed when I originally heard about Monsters University, but after seeing the trailers and thinking about how this might possibly justify the first one, I cheered up. I might not love it like the first one, and who knows if it will become my new least favorite :question: , but I doubt I won’t still really enjoy it.

Yeah, I was really annoyed too when I heard that they were making a Monster’s Inc. sequel. Once they started releasing information and said it would be a prequel I started to feel better about it. I hope it’s good.

I’m not excited for any Pixar movies we know about at the moment, honestly.

I am extremely intrigued about the Dia de los Muertos film.

I didn’t know there was one. I’m interested in one, then.

I’d talk more about it, but wrong thread! But here’s the correct one!

pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt … =36&t=9840

I apologize, but I find it slightly amusing how the least desired sequel in this poll is actually being made now. |D

All in good fun, of course!

/disappears unconsuspiciously

…Did I comment here already, in all seriousness? I’m annoyed by sequels sometimes really but I’m sure Pixar will do a great job at any of these, if they were ever made. However, I can’t see a sequel to Up working in any way, but that’s just me.

Not just you, I also think Up would be the hardest.

Except for The Incredibles, I find a Finding Nemo sequel the most easy.

Yeah, Up was wrapped up so perfectly, it would be so pointless to go back and unwrap it and create another conflict.

I see lots of short potential (The Dug prequel worked for me), but besides that, a feature is too much.