The Pixarpedia Thread

Nope, not at all.

Well, thank god for that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love the Pixarpedia, but I still have one criticism: The UP section has entries for what must be everyone in the entire movie (even the “alarm clock” frog at the campsite) except Russell’s Mom! I know she’s on screen for a matter of seconds, but they should have put in a little picture of her and identified her!

Geoff: I know right? But apperently some people say you have to read between the lines and that Pixar is saying that if you have no friends your a loser. Which is not true.

karly: You know what? I noticed that too! Really weird, they had like so many less characters but they managed to miss her!

I received “Pixarpedia” last year for Christmas, and it is an AMAZING book! Why in the world would people find it offensive? Because it goes into specific details about Pixar’s great themes? Because it showcases different characters personalities and special traits? Because it presents an in-depth view of the look and settings of all the films? What is so wrong about it? NOTHING!

Andrew Stanton, one of my top favorite Pixar writers, welcomes the book’s readers with a personal prologue. If the creative minds and geniuses at Pixar didn’t agree or wish to promote the book, why would someone like Andrew Stanton present it in the beginning?

It is a wonderful piece of visual art - both for a child’s eye and older Pixar fans alike! I love the huge blow-up movie stills from each of the films, and I wish I could hang them all over my room! LOL!

For fellow Pixar fans out there who are looking for a great big book that dives deep into the beautiful, inspiring, visually entertaining, and priceless quality of Pixar films…THIS IS THE BOOK!

Thank you for your review Blessed Light, I couldn’t agree with you more!

Well, you have to see things from The Chicken Man’s POV.
Personally, I have never seen this book in person, so I am not judging it. But you can’t really understand where he’s coming from, because you’re different from him. Now, this sounds awful, but bear with me. People like us, the Chicken Man and I I mean, are bothered by very abnormal things. Individuals with Asperger’s are very sensitive, and extremely anti-social, in many cases. I personally get very annoyed when people I don’t know well approach me or ask to go places/do stuff with me. We don’t like being told to have friends, or what type of friends to have. Now, I am not saying Pixar Pedia says you have to have so many friends. I haven’t read it. But instead of attacking him, maybe you should think about that. :frowning:

I understand where TCM is coming from, but, having read the book, I think he’s reading into it too much. He’s pretty much against the whole book for one perhaps poorly worded page, when the rest of it is excellent.

I totally agree with and see your point, Bryko. However, I still feel bad for TCM, because I do that with movies and books all the time. It’s not really something I can explain. It’s just a feeling some people get from some unexpected places that most people consider completely normal or don’t even think about.

I’m sorry if he’s feeling attacked, that’s personally not my intentions.

But he also should realize, that when he posts something on a public forum, that there will people disagreeing with him. It’s a discussion forum, and everyone has opinions, not just him.

I understand that he has Aspengers, but that shouldn’t give him immunity from me disagreeing with him. I’m confused by what you’re saying, so like since I don;t have aspengers I can be disagreed with, but since he does we have to be extra careful waht to say around him? I’m not going to treat him differently from anyone else.

It just seems like everyone are using a harsh tone with him. Seriously, only the moderators have been nice to him since he joined. I’m not saying he or anyone else deserves special treatment; it just really hurts to see him treated like this when I get it all the time. Disagree with him all you want; even I disagree with the basic gist. However, I can still see what he means, and I personally see why that page bothered him. I haven’t read the book, so I can’t really say how it makes me feel. But if the book hurt his feelings, that’s no reason to abuse his personality.

I might of on accident, I dno’t remember. When did I abuse his personality?

I just mean the whole forum. I don’t remember reading anything threatening from you about anyone. But a few people here talked trash about him a lot. I received PMs about his behavior, and a few threads were on fire just saying mean stuff about him!! I just feel really bad for him. I had a similar feeling when I joined. :frowning:

Alright, but I don’t think those cases was because he has Aspengers, and I just feel like I have every right to say my opinion as he does. So I did. And now I’m over it, I don’t want this to drag out anymore.