Thy Brave Reviews

For the msot part I liked Brave. It wasn’t as good as I was hoping but I still liked it a lot. It was an huge improvement compared to Cars 2.

My only complants are the toliot humor, Not as much fight scenes as I hoped for, and a little to much Mother-Dasughter bonding. Other then that I liked it a lot.

I think the animation was amazing, I like how they have Stottish accent’s, the soundtrack is good, and great characters. I liked the witch the most, After [spoil]she gave Merida the spell she wasen’t seen again expect with the head thing. I was hoping she would have a bigger part.[/spoil].

I didn’t really cry at anything. The thing that got me closeting to crying was when [spoil]Merida and her mom are sleeping under the rock and it shows them back in the day when they got along.[/spoil]

I liked the ending fight a lot. It was kinda intense to see [spoil]Fergus almost kill Ellior.[/spoil] [spoil]I knew the horse thing was the ending, it was obious, so it was givin away a long time ago.[/spoil]

I am going to make a video reciew for Youtube that will explain more.

I saw Brave yesterday.
Verdict: B+
Brave is a step outside the Pixar box, being their first fairy tale, and I must say, it is a very good fairy tale. A very good Pixar movie? no. It’s an average movie for Pixar. I liked it, but it was a little dark in some places, and when [spoil]the bear appeared int he broken down tower[/spoil]I nearly jumped out of my seat. I don’t think I want to see it in 3D lol. I quite enjoyed the story, and the fact that Brenda Chapman was also credited as a Director in the credits was a nice touch. I was a little confused though, [spoil]as when the boys ate the cake, they also turned into bears. This doesn’t make logical sense. The tapestry only broke the bond between Merida and her mother, and the witch made the spell with the intent of it being used on Merida’s mother. Why would it work on the boys? That irks me.[/spoil] Other than that, I must say I enjoyed it. The pacing was good, and the score was wonderful. The music was used to create a sense of urgency here, or a sense of calm there. Just how it should be.
tl;dr: A good movie with some small errors is still only average for Pixar.

PS. Edit: I was so into the movie I didn’t find either A113 or the Pizza Planet Truck. I am failure to the name lol.

Did anybody like how [spoil]Merida doesn’t fall in love with any of the lords’ sons?[/spoil] I liked that since it breaks away from a tired cliche done in almost every Disney or Pixar film.

Yes I agree. None of the sons were good enough for her.

I thought it was great! The toilet humour was not to my liking, but most other things were great I thought. It’s an improvement over Cars 2. I think The Witch is a great character and would’ve liked to see more of her. I give it an 8/10.

I think that was a good decision.

Toilet humour? God, I mostly hate toilet humour. It’s just immature and unfunny.

I dislike it intensely too^^.

I will admit that the humor felt a bit childish but at least they used it effectively.

I saw it last night with my parents and grandma. I thought it was good and I definitely look forward to seeing it again (and desire to have my own art book). However, I felt the film was not as strong as the traditional Pixar lineup, imo.

I saw it two days ago I thought it was pretty good. It’s a huge step up from Cars 2 but at the same time I thought it wasn’t as powerful as previous Pixar films. And to be honest, I really got reminded of brother bear when I watched this movie and I thought some of the jokes were a bit childish ([spoil]and that one scene where all the men’s butts were showing reall made me want to facepalm. Come on Pixar, I don’t even think Dreamworks would do something like that to get a laugh!)[/spoil]. But despite my issues with the film I still managed to be entertained by it.

Same.

I don’t think it’s that bad per say but it feels a bit childish.

There were adults in the theater I was in that laughed at that. The kid’s I can understand but not the adults. It’s a butt, you see your own everyday, it’s not funny…

Did anyone notice how I made the title in old english?

The score is now at 77%. While not exactly typical Pixar standards, it’s not bad. Certainly not low enough to say Pixar is losing their touch. I still have yet to see it. I don’t it’s been released in the UK yet.

And it won’t be released there until Aug. 17th. Well, 77% is a good score for this film, given how flat the ending was compared to most movies.

Here’s my Brave review. Let me know what you think. :smiley:

jsanimateduniverse.blogspot.com/ … s-eye.html

Brave reminded me more of the Little Mermaid than Brother Bear. [spoil]Like in the scene where Elinor threw Merida’s bow in the fire, reminded me of when Triton destroyed all of Ariel’s human artifacts. Which afterward the eels convince Ariel to see Ursula, who’s also a witch, and gives her kinda of a spell.
Merida ran away, and then the wisps found her, which led her to witch. Also Ariel had three days for her “spell”, and Merida only had until the next morning.[/spoil]

I left a comment on your blog.

Thanks, Milan! I’m glad you liked it. :smiley:

So I made my review. I wish I can use clips but I don’t know where to get them.

youtube.com/watch?v=y4FPAuS_J8c