Top 25 LEAST Favourite Pixar Characters

I won’t go as far as saying that I don’t like Big Baby, but he did really creep me out.

I don’t get why people tend to dislike characters when they do what they’re supposed to do in the script.

But it’s nice getting this perspective. That’s why screenwriting teachers advise you against going towards a crowd pleasing move.

I don’t either… :unamused:

Maybe it’s a character preference?

No, I don’t mean that.

I mean disliking a character because he’s evil, or stupid, when that is supposed to be his role in the script. If he wasn’t that way, the movie probably won’t be so good.

Sometimes it’s so annoying, it makes it harder to enjoy the movie. I think that might be it.

I believe that if a character does his or her job, and if possibly that job is to make the audience hate them, that that is what I call a good character. Remember, just because one doesn’t like a character, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t a significant character.

That’s what I’m saying. I love very hateful characters.

Agreed. I love the characters (villians in particular) that you just want to hate inside.

Ironically, many of the characters I hate in movies are not villains, but the ones you’re supposed to identify with. 8D

I’m Cars 2 I hated more of the “good” characters than the bad ones… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m that way with a few Pixar movies, mostly Toy Story 3.

I don’t hate on the bad guys! After all, they are people too! Or cars…or bugs…or- You get my point! 8D

Haha, that’s pretty funny.

I typically like villians over the main characters :smiling_imp:

:stuck_out_tongue: Hahahaha!

Which villians do you prefer over the main character? Any examples come to mind?

For me, Hopper was better then Flik who was the main character of A Bug’s Life.

I’ve always loved Charles Muntz over the other characters in Up. And I don’t think there are any Pixar characters that I actually hate. Even Syndrome, who I can sometimes despise, is pretty cool. The only character that I didn’t like so much was Mater in Cars 2. Some of his scenes just really made me cringe. :unamused: :slight_smile:

Well, in Pixar movies, Hopper>Flik, Skinner>Remy, Randall>Sulley. I find villians to be more interesting. I do root for the heroes! But I have more of an interest in the behavior of those with bad intentions.

^I’m the exact same way. Of course, I was rooting for WALL-E and EVE, especially in the last two acts of the movie, but it was so interesting watching AUTO take it so far. I’m still very interested in him as a character, and just how much he “knows” or “feels” (if he’s capable of doing such a thing, since it’s evident WALL-E and EVE cared about each other.)

I love how AUTO doesn’t have any kind of humanity. He’s completely a machine, unlike other droids in the film.

That’s why it’s so perfect they used a computer to voice him, and not a human actor.