Top 5 Disturbing Pixar Moments

Seconded–I’m very interested.

I very well may of found that WALL-E deleted scene freaky (it was on the WALL-E " disc edition (is there a one disc edition?))
Oh Darla, she put me off FN to this very day. I may of also found that ABL death scene freaky when I was younger.
But a lot of the pixar villans don’t get killed, since they’re not so villan-y to begin with. Though some become very sad, out of their position or even scarred for life!

Though Sid seemed fine in the pictures of him in TS3

1. Bait shop in Ratatouille. All I need to say about that.
  2. WALL-E when he’s rebooted and doesn’t remember EVE.
  3. Woody’s nightmare in Toy Story 2. I couldn’t watch it for the longest time because I’d either cry or scream.
  4. The part of TS3 where [spoil]Buzz gets reset by Lotso and his gang, due to my fangirlism as a little kid. Can you tell I’m really creeped out when stuff gets reset?The Incinerator scene[/spoil] was on about equal grounds. I used to cry every time Buzz fell out the window, and I had recurring nightmares about it happening over and over and over… :laughing:
  5. Two words. Jet turbine. I can’t even watch The Incredibles all the way through anymore for fear of throwing up. I’ve almost cried a few times when watching it with my cousins because they always laugh.

I didn’t find many disturbing scenes in most of the Pixar movies. But I still have a few:

1. When I was a kid, basically the whole ending of A Bug’s Life kinda gave me the willies. Especially when Hopper was beating up Flik. That, and when Thumper pushed Dot off the cliff. That scared me the first time I saw it in theaters.

2. The beginning bit on TS2 when Zurg killed Buzz in the video game scene freaked me out when I saw that for the first time (also in theaters… I was around 6 or 7 at the time, and I was also a huge Buzz fan).

3. The bit on Finding Nemo when you first figure out that Coral was dead and the barracuda killed all the eggs. I stopped eating my popcorn in the theater. :laughing:

4. Monsters, Inc.: Randall. Gives me the willies. The end.

5. I think the only reason why I don’t like The Incredibles is because there were many scenes on that movie that disturbed me greatly. Plus, having a whole bunch of crying, screaming kids at the theater on opening night didn’t help ease the tension of the movie. I absolutely hate the plane scene. I hated the fact that Violet didn’t just do as her mother said (I, myself, would listen in a heartbeat if my mom told me to do something like that in a crisis). The part when Bob found Gazerbeam gave me nightmares. The jet turbine… - I had nightmares about that scene, too. :shake:

Maybe that’s why I didn’t enjoy The Incredibles as much as I did the other Pixar movies. :unamused:

Oh, and also… [spoil]The monkey on TS3 was quite creepy. :laughing: [/spoil]

Yes, If I were to pick the most disturbing film in a Pixar movie, this would probably be it.

Can we all agree that this is the most gruesome Pixar villain death ever?

That ‘shock-scene’ was scary even by live-action standards!

How could I forget that scene? Equal parts horrifying and heartbreaking.

1. Hopper’s no-holds-barred beat down of Flik was rather shocking to me when I was younger.
  2. As a rat owner myself, the bait shop in Ratatouille made me want to go grab Dexter and cuddle him.
  3. The way Syndrome just heartlessly sends the missles after Helen, and the fact that he doesn’t call them off even after he realizes there were kids on the plane; to an 11 year old, it was very eye-opening.
  4. When Auto electrocutes WALL·E. It was very unexpected. And then later on, when poor WALL·E nearly gets crushed…
  5. [spoil]The Incinerator scene.[/spoil] That is all.

Honestly, I can see how these scenes are scary, but I was never frightened or bothered by them. I found them nice touches to what some would label “kids’ stuff”.

In no particular order:

-Randall’s end, while I am well aware that they were going for humour, that so did not work for me. Even though I wasn’t keen at Randall at first the fact that my favourite character did that disturbed me. He still is my favourite (Sulley), but still.

-Waternoose’s chase of Sulley and Boo and the banging at the door after he’d bent a pipe to keep him out… it was like a horror film! Seriously! Plus Waternoose when he threw Sulley out and showed his true colours was pretty disturbing in general. A fake friend is terrible and pretty scary, and even worse when they’re someone who is a parental figure. Also when Randall was crushing Sulley’s hand and letting loose all his bitterness was pretty scary.

-Boo in the scream extractor chair was scary. Fungus in it because Sulley stuck him in front of it wasn’t too great either!

-Syndrome’s end was… rather gruesome when you thought about it. But yeah the missiles thing with the kids was also bad too. He just didn’t care.

-Toy Story 3, this is odd, but it was both rediculousy touching as well as scary and all but when they thought they were going to be incinerated etc. them holding hands kind of made me feel scared and all, even though it was… nice in its own way? Very dark though.

(Both How to Train Your Dragon and this movie were the only movies which recently lost me to it and made me forget I was watching a movie and that could get me worried for the characters).

Other things include when Bob/Mr.I met the skeleton, but also I think when he found the computer and realised all these heroes were dead. Having an over-active imagination makes that scene particulary grim for me thinking about the ways the robot and its predecessors could have killed them… ugh. -shudders-

Honourable mentions go to WALL-E being electrically messed up. That was less disturbing and more “…NO! WALL-E! D:” than anything else though.

Hopper’s last fight and the demise and everything was pretty grim too.

1. When you find out Coral has died.
  2. Gazerbeams corpse
  3. Anton Ego’s review on Gusteau’s
  4. Sid’s Room
  5. When Charles tells about his backstory.
  1. Randall’s end. I mean, I strongly disliked him in the movie, and I don’t really fault Mike and Sulley for taking some pleasure in his banishment (after all, if you were a parent and some creep had tried to hurt our kid multiple times, not to mention almost killed you on several occasions, and you had NO idea of his motivations (if he had any), then I’d take pleasure in throwing him in a place where he couldn’t hurt my kid anymore too), it gets REALLY creepy once Fridge Horror of where exactly he is sets in.

2. INCINERATOR SCENE. That is all. It was the first time I was actually glad for the existence of a Deus Ex Machina.

3. Emile’s question to Remy (the one quoted in my sig). This one is more disturbing on a personal level, but lets just say that my sibling and I had a relationship that closely resembled that of Remy and Emile at the beginning of the movie, and I had been asking myself that question for a while. Let’s just leave it at that.

4. Charles Muntz death. The fact that you get a slight pause right before it happens, and in that slight pause you see his face, and his realization that he is going to die, and then he falls so fast he doesn’t even scream. :open_mouth: Ugh, brutal.

5. Wall-E not remembering Eve at first near the end of the film. That was like a kick in the gut. Here’s this character, who you can’t help but fall completely in love with over the course of the film, and next thing you know, just as you expect everything to be ok, he loses both his memory and his personality. That’s like suddenly losing a close friend to Alzheimers. :cry:

1. Sid’s toys first appearing. The spider-baby thing was creepy.
  2. Sid using the magnifying glass to torture Woody. Sid’s teeth. Ick.
  3. Darla shaking Nemo’s plastic bag. I knew Nemo would be okay, but… Yikes.
  4. Every scream extractor scene in Monsters, Inc. Eew.
  5. Rod Redline being tortured. That scene made me start trembling.

Here’s my Top 5 Disturbing Pixar Moments. I’m not exactly sure how you would define “disturbing moments” though.

1. The mentioning of Bo Peep in TS3. It was upsetting seeing Bo Peep not in TS3 since she was one of the main toys in the original film. However in the second film she didn’t have as big of a role. I felt bad for Woody that he didn’t have his love interest with him.

2. Nemo’s Mother being killed. Like in The Lion King and Bambi, the death on a parent plays an important plot-point in the movie. It shows how Marlin became the overprotecting parent that he was. Although her death was off-screen, it would of probably gave kids chills down their spines.

3. Woody’s Nightmare from TS2. Watching TS2 as a kid, this used to scare me alot. Seeing all those toy hands come out of the garbage can looked like something out of a horror film.

4. Charles Muntz’s death.

5. The incinerator scene in TS3. At first, I thought that this was going to be the end of the toys. How they were able to escape it was really unexpecting to me. It probably dramatized some younger children and some people who grew up watching the series.

In no particular order:

Sid torturing Woody. Everything about that scene creeped my out as a kid, especially Sid himself.

Woody’s nightmare freaked me out when I saw it in theaters when I was 4.

When Fungus gets put in the scream extractor.

The scenes where Boo cries always freaked me out as a kid, I’m not entirely sure why.

Wall-e forgetting who he was.

Honorable mention: The Bug’s Life ride in Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Its Tough to Be a Bug) terrified me as a kid. It probably ruined A Bug’s Life for me for several years.

Flick getting beaten up and that WALL-E deleted scene for me

In no particular order,

Remy and his dad in front of the rat house of horror.
All villain death scenes
Sid freaking out
Syndrome kidnapping Jack-Jack
Gil’s fin.

No, now go away.

Sorry about the spam, Pixarfan. I took care of it and hopefully the spammer will be banned soon.

little chef

Thanks, to bad we can’t get rid of all spammers. Their such low lifes.

Whoa? What happened? Who was this spammer and what did he do?