Toy Story 20th Anniversary: News and Speculation

So I went to TRU last Friday and saw some of the 20th anniversary items. They have Buddy Pack gift sets for each Toy Story film. Also, there were the same Toy Story Signature Collection figures we’ve seen before but some had 20th Anniversary stickers on the packaging. I couldn’t get any pictures but it’s all pretty much the same figures and items we have seen before but with different packing and 20th Anniversary logo stickers. Kind of a bummer if you ask me.

^ Just as I thought. Not surprising but still disappointing. You will, however, like this…

There is a Toy Story Trilogy Blu-Ray coming out some time in November to coincide with the 20th Anniversary. Amazon just listed the Blu-Ray and Stitch Kingdom provided a few details!
[url]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HOZNA2/?tag=stitking-20[/url]

[url]http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-report-toy-story-trilogy-twentieth-anniversary-bluray-november-75651/[/url]

I’m debating whether I should get them or not because I am a sucker for special features… :confused:

Unless this Bluray has new bonus features, I may not pick it up. I have every single version of the film (except for the laserdisc and the Disney Store exclusive VHS set) and don’t need another one. If this does have new features then perhaps I might get it.

This has the potential to be really great, or just an obligatory anniversary reissue. I’ve been meaning to pick up the Ultimate Toy Box set for the trilogy, but I’ll hold off with this announcement.

Now what could justify the relatively high price here? I’m fine with all the special features we have so far, but the only things I can think of are a 3D option and/or finished deleted scenes (more interested in the latter).

My brother has the Ultimate Toy Box and the discs are the same as the ones in the normal Blu-Ray combo packs. The only things you get with the Ultimate Toy Box that isn’t included in the Bluray combo packs are the digital copies of TS1 and TS2. Also, there aren’t all that many bonus features on it compared to the 2005 10th Anniversary set and the3-Disc Ultimate Toy Box. If you want just the Blu-Ray version for the HD, get just the Blu-Ray discs.

Hopefully the new one will have finished deleted scenes or maybe some more of the Black Friday stuff that we haven’t seen.

Perhaps it will be “mastered for 4k”. But hopefully not, because we’re still not at the point of the film actually being at 4K resolution, so it’s not really worth it yet. Less likely but much better would be sound remastered in 7.1 or Dolby Atmos.

A few hours until D23! I’m anxious to hear some more Toy Story-related news.

I did some digging and a 20th Anniversary Vinylmation set was confirmed.

The set includes Woody, Buzz, Rex, the Alien, Sid, Hamm, Sarge, and a mystery figure.

I like how the boxes include some early concept art on them, that’s a nice touch.

Disney Store limited edition 20th Anniversary Buzz Lightyear!

Looks nice. Were you able to find anything else?

No, that’s all I’ve seen on Twitter so far.

EDIT: actually found some more: twitter.com/PixarFanDan/status/ … 1929690112

Did some browsing on eBay and I wasn’t surprised that the merch is already being scalped. :unamused:

Anyway, there is a LE Woody.

It’s a nice thought, but I’ll hold out for Medicom’s Woody.

I also found a better image of the Pizza Planet Truck at D23:

Apparently, the Luxo Ball is being sold as well. Personally, that and the Pizza Planet Truck replica look the most interesting.

If this is what they meant by new Toy Story toys…I’m very disappointed, though that Pizza Plant Truck does look cool, also, frickin’ scalpers…

For those of you who wanted some of the D23 merch but didn’t want to pay the inflated prices on eBay, some of them are up on Disney Store!

Note: They are currently “sold out” as of right now.

Something is telling me I shouldn’t but they’re so alluring…

You know, the new Buzz in the original Toy Story seemed to have a different color palette than in the later films. They really captured that with this Buzz.

Yeah I noticed that in the later films and specials, Buzz’s purple was slightly darker than in TS1

Apparently Funko POP! is creating toys for Woody, Buzz, Rex, and Hamm.

In addition, ABC plans a Toy Story 20th anniversary special on December 10th that will last an hour. It will be followed by a showing of the original film.

Awesome news! I already have the old Pop! Funko Buzz and Woody, but I might get the new Buzz as well as Hamm and Rex. I hope the 1-hour special features new footage and things we haven’t seen before on any of the bonus features, as well as some things from the bonus features.

Welp, today’s the big day! 20 years of Toy Story.