Toy Story 3 Pixar References

It surprised me to see the Pizza Planet truck in this, I actually noticed it without any help and that’s the first time that’s happened to me. I wasn’t even thinking about it when I went into the movie. I can remember what happens with it, but I forgot what part of the story it was in. Can anyone help me?

[spoil]Lotso, Chuckles, and Big Baby ride on the bumper of the truck in the rain after Lotso snaps during the flashback. It hits pothole and they fall off and end up at Sunnyside.[/spoil]

I thought the same exact thing in the theater! I’d think it would be weird though if they put Little Mermaid references in a Toy Story movie :confused:

A nitpick, the Wally B is actually stiched. Anyone mentioned the beaver on Andy’s toy box from the Midway Mania ride?

The music when Slinky appears in the opening seems remeniscent to Star Wars when the Sand People appear.

the way slinky appeared also reminded me of a normal slinky going down stairs XD

Here’s an interesting one I’ve not seen mentioned anywhere else:

Mr. Potato Head’s LEGO model of Andy’s House shows up on the shelves of the daycare center while Ken and Lotso are giving the toys a tour. It pops on screen for only a brief period in the “Meet Ken” Clip, but as that scene is longer in the film itself, the camera pans farther and it’s easy to see then.

You can just barely see it on the far right-hand side of this screen:

And here it is in Toy Story 2, just before it’s knocked over:

So I guess that this increases the likelihood that that’s Andy’s Bucket o’ Soldiers.

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot that there were LEGOs used in Toy Story 2 before the third film. Kind of strange that it ended up at Sunnyside though, but it could be a different LEGO house that was built that just happens to look similar and have the same parts.

here are two new monsters, inc references i found interesting

[spoil]When the toys are grabbing metal objects to avoid the trash shredder, Woody grabs onto the knob from Boo’s broken door.[/spoil]

Toy versions of Boo and Mike Wazowski are seen in Sunnyside Daycare.

these are from wikipedia so I don’t know how reliable they are, oh and also it said the the girl who owned Lotso in UP is featured in the daycare

I think it’s more just Pixar creatively reusing some old models more than any sort of implication, because as near as I can tell, it’s exactly the same house, right down the colors of the bricks and such.

There’s still some tiny imperfections, so I still think it’s a reference rather than a shortcut. Colors match, but Toy Story 3 uses more vibrant shades, and there’s a misplaced brick here and there.

In which case, kudos to Pixar for including such an obscure reference!

I wouldn’t really trust that. [spoil]It’s kind of mind-boggling how an actual item from Monsters Inc. is seen, yet there are toys of the characters. I’d assume the one about Boo and Mike toys is false, and if the door one is right, that means Boo’s Jessie definately isn’t the same, and helps further establish the Pixar timeline as well.[/spoil]

Hmm, if they are in the film you think they may be early hints of Monsters Inc. 2?

I said something like that in the pixar in-jokes list.

I’m not sure of this one, but I think it’s true. I’ve got to watch it again.

Remember the Buzz Lightyear lunch box where Hal sleeped in WALL·E?

I THINK it’s the same lunch box that Buzz grabs in the dump-magnet scene.

a book with cover of Tinny from Tin Toy :laughing:

Nice find!

Wow. A lot of time has passed since we last posted in here.

Anyway, I was checking some images at Blu-ray.com today and I discovered another possible easter egg:

images.blu-ray.com/reviews/3455_6_1080p.jpg

Check the background, towards the right. Isn’t that the fish tank from Finding Nemo? If not, it looks similar.

Also, look at the second shelf in the left (you can spot it better if you have the image in 1080p.). The blue basket contains a lot of shapes, like stars. The yellow one is actually a Woody profile!

SoA: That’s pretty funny xD

Anyway, I’ve noticed a lot more easter eggs on the Bluray. I’ll post them later.