TOY STORY 4 Might Be Happening !!!

No no no no no, bad idea, they should just stick to the shorts. i would like an Incredibles sequel though.

Everyone’s already wailing that Pixar is making a mistake, just because Toy Story 4 might be coming. I guess I’m the one on these forums who wants the Toy Story characters to continue as long as their voice actors are alive to work on them.

Yes, Toy Story 3 had a beautiful ending, but it’s time to realize that we live in an age of Sequilitis. Sequels upon sequels upon sequels will come. And you know what? All you people complaining about Toy Story 4 being made will still go see it, and love it. And you’ll deny that you ever said anything against it.

Andy may be gone, but the toys are still alive.

Pixar’s refusing to comment on the situation: [url]http://wapo.st/l4YMaa[/url]

The author of the column interprets that as “TS4 is a definite.” Which isn’t necessarily true, but still. Uggh. True, we were all worried about TS3, but Cars 2 was so poorly done that I just don’t trust Pixar sequels anymore. They made Cars 2 with a weak story for merch sales; why wouldn’t they do the same with Toy Story?

Bring on the original concepts and story > $$$. Back to Pixar basics, please, for the love of all that is good in the world.

+1

that’s your point of view, it is not what everybody thinks, at least GENERAL AUDIENCES seem to be liking the film, I’m not talking about haters, critics and people on the internet who obviously can’t stand it, so don’t say the film is awful because you didn’t get into the world of cars,

Internet users are people too. If you automatically call anyone who didn’t like it a hater and dont count them then who Do you count? People are entitled to their opinions, and I’m seeing plenty of them about Cars 2. And there not all Armond Whites either.

Whoa. Listen, I didn’t make that comment to pick a fight with anyone, and I’m not trying to imply that my opinion is everyone’s opinion. If it came across that way, I apologize, cuz I didn’t mean it that way. I totally respect your opinion that Cars 2 was an excellent film. However, please respect mine on this as well. Let’s make the Internet a happier place, k?

And for the record, I didn’t dislike it b/c I didn’t “get into the world of Cars.” In fact, I love the first one, which is why I was so disappointed with the sequel. Also, I don’t consider myself a hater. I don’t generally hate. I love to love. I wanted to love Cars 2, and just couldn’t, for reasons that are better left for another time and place.

Okay, back to Toy Story. I think we can all agree that we love these characters, yeah? We love Woody and Buzz and everyone. That’s why we’re here. We love them and we want to see what’s best to maintain the integrity of these characters. I and others are questioning whether or not a sequel would best uphold that goal. If you feel differently, that’s fine. All of us are jumping the gun on this, anyway. It’s just a rumor at the moment.

I’m surpirised at the Cars 2 backlash (generally speaking). At first, it was getting the usual Pixar reviews, and then all of the sudden, the negativity kicks in. It definately isn’t their best, but I wouldn’t say it ruined Pixar’s winning streak when it comes to movies.

Toy Story 3 was handled perfectly. An immediate sequel to Toy Story 2 would be unheard of, but after the wait, and seeing all of us fans grow up, a sequel sounded irresistable. It wouldn’t have the same effect back then, but it would still be a great movie. As a kid, I just couldn’t get enough Toy Story, and I’m still a bit curious for what they COULD do…

Toy Story 3 did intend to end the series, and did so wonderfully. So if Toy Story 4 were to happen, they’d need a really good basis…

It is ruined, even if you liked the movie personally this is still the first movie of theirs that didn’t get get an overwhelmingly positive reception. Its not ruined in the sense that we can never expect greatness from them again, just lets us know that their not incapable of of putting out a disappointing movie/sequel. All I know is before Cars2 I had blind faith after each and every movie that the next one would be awesome even when all I had was a vague title, and most people wouldn’t blame me given their track record. Now I can still get excited, but I cant fault anyone for being a little concerned.

I didn’t like Cars 2, but hey, its a kids movie. TS3 was an all ages movie, and Cars 2 was made all for kids. Anyway, I actually hope they don’t make a TS4 since the ending to TS3 was prefect, but if they do and the trailers are good, I’ll go see it.

Sadly, this sounds legit this time :frowning:

But I’m totally against it!

As mentioned in my earlier message, I recall the same negativity towards Toy Story 3 when it was first announced …

^Well, I don’t think it’s the same case.

People is always afraid with sequels, so it’s natural they were worried about the outcome of TS3.

This time, you have to add those worries to the fact that TS3 was a perfect closure. And when closures work so fine, I don’t want them to go beyond that.

I want this as much as for Rowling to write Harry Potter 8, or George Lucas to make Episodes VII-IX

I had no problem with Toy Story 3, because they were still with Andy at the end of Toy Story 2. However, since Toy Story 3 had a perfect ending with the toys being with a new owner and Andy leaving for college, I don’t think another sequel would be neccessary. To me it would just seem like a cash-in. If they have a REALLY good story for a fourth film, I’ll be okay with it.

If they WERE going to do a fourth, they’d probably have to do a second trilogy. I think I’ve mentioned this somewhere before, but if that’s the case, and they’re doing “Bonnie’s trilogy”, then they’ve have to give it a different name to distinguish it from “Andy’s trilogy”, and (possibly) center it around toys other than Woody and Buzz. It could be done well, given that Pixar don’t fall into the trap of creating movies because they sell as opposed to because they have something to say.

Also, didn’t George Lucas say he was planning another Star Wars trilogy after the first six get re-released in 3D?

No, he didn’t.

The “different trilogy” thing makes sense, but I don’t want Pixar to do that. Really.

This is so true. You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lucas did make another trilogy someday. He’s already proved that he’ll do just about anything to make more money off of Star Wars, whether it’s really best for the story and characters or not. BUT, we hold Pixar to higher standards where this is concerned. And a Toy Story 4 would undoubtedly be an unnecessary cash-in. Pixar can do better than that, and Toy Story deserves better than that.

Another trilogy? No. Please, please, no.

Exactly, because on the subject of the second Star Wars trilogy, remember how many people hated it? I don’t know about Episode II and III but apparently people dispised Episode I for several reasons like the young Skywalker and well…Jar Jar Binks of course…

Whenever Toy Story 4 would be about advancing the characters or just to make money, I simply don’t like the idea of Toy Story pulling a Land Before Time and making more sequels. Like I said, it’s unnecessary.

I think they should just stick to the shorts.

I will be so disapointed if that happenes. But under what authority does Hanks have to release this information? If what he says is true, I’m sure Pixar isn’t thrilled that he released information prematurley causing such ruckus.