Toy Story Collection: Inaccuracies + Prototypes!

Their not based on anything, they simply didn’t want them looking too zombie esk. No one has their eyes wide open at all times, it makes them look surprised and/or lifeless. So they close their lids a bit to make them look more at ease. Its why they made most of the changes in fact. its why Woody’s fingers aren’t separated, his mouth is open, etc.

I highly agree with you Kyle on the whole no one has their eyes wide open all the time.

Anyways, I do wanna show you guys the data they used:

Now this is the digital data they used. Don’t believe me?
youtube.com/watch?v=NyofhW2j … re=channel
youtube.com/watch?v=kfO-sF8Klo4
Hope that’s enough proof.

Anywho, back to the inaccuracies.

Eh, Woody’s face would’ve looked much better with the closed mouth. The eyelids aren’t really that important. As for the hands, the 1995 model actually had the right ones for some reason, it wasn’t really zombie-like.
I guess they changed Buzz from his original face to make him more in-character, since he isn’t a strict space ranger anymore. In fact, Pixar just sums it up as the looks that represent their characters best.

Also, do you plan to add the digital data to the site? It would be cool to have some backstory to it. And if you’d like, I could also find some prototype pictures.

I have both proto pics of Woody and Buzz, they both had the unmorphed faces on their protos.

Is it me or does the proto Buzz look like he has his old colors on the previous Thinkway figures?

Thanks for the pics, I had never seen the Buzz one before. And yeah, I have a couple prototype pictures of the original Thinkway line toys.

Yeah, a lot of parts look like they were recycled off the old figure, especially the hand (which, as you can see, the fingertips aren’t painted yet, either). The body looks like the first thing they tackled. The face also looks cool, even though it’s probably just a filler. It also looks strangely familiar, I can’t remember where I’ve seen that expression before.

Dinoco, if you have more, please post them, I would like to see them :smiley:
About the Buzz face, you may have seen that from a behind the Scenes TS3 video where they were animating the scenes, I saw the Woody model in one of their modelling studios and it looks pretty much like the proto Thinkway made.

Thanks for the prototype pics for The TSC Line :smiley: Also This is kinda off topic but There have been a few Woodys with closed mouth smile Like Lego woody and Burger king woody.

I meant like from a scene from one of the first Toy Storys.

And I’ll try to get some pics, although since I can’t scan the box (too big), it’ll be from a camera. It’s kinda cool to see what the first Buzz could’ve been like.

And having a closed-mouth Woody really only matters on the full-scale doll. I mean, for action figures, it’d be better for his face to be more expressive.

Alright man, good luck getting those pics.

'95 Buzz proto. Anyways, I know there’s another earlier Buzz prototype picture out there, one that actually had the green and purple paint on the top of his hand and a different face.

Only a few changes, mainly decals and head sculpt, but still notable.

The first reminds me of the Flight Control Buzz Mattel made, I also remember seeing another proto like this first one. I never really saw the bank in person, but I believe that there were minor changes on them.

Question:
Does Buzz have the Disney marking on his back? :slight_smile:

Yeah, it says (C) Disney Thinkway.
A pun in the Toy Story Animated Storybook game is that when you zoom in on his chest with Lenny, the Disney logo is there.

I noticed an inaccuracy Bullseyes mouth is closed where on the movies his mouth is open

We talking about the TSC Buzz? If so, quick correction, its Disney / Pixar, no Thinkway, at least not on his butt. He does have it on his foot though.

That’s the original Buzz.

Yep, the original Buzz that Thinkway made has Disney/Pixar Thinkway on his butt.

Buzz’s head doesn’t squeak.

LOL true

i think the main inaccuracy with these toys are they put to much into then i would of loved to have a movie accurate spud head even if the eyes were fused atleast he would of had short legs and not be as pricey as for woody i would of been happy with a replica pull string doll without all the gimmicks i feel the technology is making them less accurate just my opinion on the other hand buzz needs his gadgets but woody didnt… :laughing: