Toy Story Collection: Inaccuracies + Prototypes!

'95 Buzz proto. Anyways, I know there’s another earlier Buzz prototype picture out there, one that actually had the green and purple paint on the top of his hand and a different face.

Only a few changes, mainly decals and head sculpt, but still notable.

The first reminds me of the Flight Control Buzz Mattel made, I also remember seeing another proto like this first one. I never really saw the bank in person, but I believe that there were minor changes on them.

Question:
Does Buzz have the Disney marking on his back? :slight_smile:

Yeah, it says (C) Disney Thinkway.
A pun in the Toy Story Animated Storybook game is that when you zoom in on his chest with Lenny, the Disney logo is there.

I noticed an inaccuracy Bullseyes mouth is closed where on the movies his mouth is open

We talking about the TSC Buzz? If so, quick correction, its Disney / Pixar, no Thinkway, at least not on his butt. He does have it on his foot though.

That’s the original Buzz.

Yep, the original Buzz that Thinkway made has Disney/Pixar Thinkway on his butt.

Buzz’s head doesn’t squeak.

LOL true

i think the main inaccuracy with these toys are they put to much into then i would of loved to have a movie accurate spud head even if the eyes were fused atleast he would of had short legs and not be as pricey as for woody i would of been happy with a replica pull string doll without all the gimmicks i feel the technology is making them less accurate just my opinion on the other hand buzz needs his gadgets but woody didnt… :laughing:

Lotso should NOT HAVE ELETRONICS inside of him. Thank you!

Its from a shot in the first film. I’m guessing when Buzz watches himself in the television advertisement or just before we hear I Will Go Sailing No More. I believe there was a small 5" or 6" figure of him with that closed mouth mold, but I could very well be wrong -Omar

Why all that SPAM e44247?

I dont know if any of this link provided have viruses, most likely the actually have.

Back at the talk, Buzz on-demo button is in the wrong side, but impossible to be in his back.

Here are some things I’ve notice about the TSC Woody over the movie that haven’t been mentioned yet:

-The TSC Woody does not use actual pearl snap button. with the tsc woody, they appear to be a single piece, and a flat white made out of plastic, while the in movie they are actual snap buttons you would find on a western shirt, with a almost “oyster” texture behind the glass.

-Woody’s vest is not directly sewn onto his shirt. while thinkway did put thread to keep it in place, it is not the tight look as in the movies. I think it might be that the outer lineing of the vest (that black and white rope) is the seam where they’re connected, and there isn’t additional plaid material behind it.

-Woody’s shirt color on the tsc look really over-saturated when looking at the films. the tsc woody has more of a orange tone, while in the movies, it more of a light yellow. you could debate that it’s a faded cloth in the film, but ehh…

-Woody’s jeans in the movie are lighter and faded (stonewashed?) in the films, while the tsc uses a dark indigo jean material. once again you could debate that Woody is worn and his jeans faded over time.

-Woody’s jean actually have a side seam and two rows of thread on the belt loop like actual jeans. but due to the size of the toy it understandable why thinkway left this out:

-Woody’s boot are moreso a single piece of vinyl, rather than having a plastic “shiny” bottom that the tsc collection has. yet the lower grade woody’s from thinkway is a single vinyl piece boot. the loop on each side of a boot could be another entire piece, but it understandable why it attached.

-Woody’s spurs are actually a separate piece from the boot, looking at stills and promo shots, you can see a space. it would also explain that circle on his boot being is actually a peg. this would also leave a little room for the spurs to move.

-Woody’s holster, belt and boots have a bumpy texture on it.

-Woody’s hat uses a type of plastic string to do the coiling around his hat, rather than a nylon string/rope

that’s all I can think of of all that’s been metioned, maybe I’ll see more later.

We’d all love a perfectly accurate woody.

We’d all love a perfectly accurate woody.

Another minor inaccuracy for Buzz: His helmet doesn’t have a handle

That’s been brought up plenty of times. Thing is, its not always there so you cant really count it.

What about how Woody’s pullstring is placed a bit too low on his back? The TSC version (and most likely every Pull-string Woody doll made) have their strings located directly in the middle of his back when it should be higher up. Either that, or it’s just the fact that his pull string ring is too large to the point where the ring makes it look like that.