Toy Story Parallels/Mirrored Scenes

in the first Toy Story, when sid gets woody and buzz, he says “lets go home and play.”

in Toy Story 2, after Woody and Jesse get off the plane, woody says “lets go home.”

something pixar should of done in beginning of toy story 3 is when ever Mr.p says “im a married man”, he should of said “im a married spud.” :laughing:

I’m really happy with all of the mirrored scenes in Toy Story 3! As I was watching the film I kept seeing the connections and it made me really happy :slight_smile:

Toy Story 2, ‘let’s leave Buzz to play with his toy’
‘toy, toy … toy!’

[spoil]Toy Story 3 ‘what’s the point’
‘point, point … point!’[/spoil] - when in the [spoil]trashbag[/spoil]

or something along those lines??? ^

Yep, I noticed that one too!

Another one:

[spoil]Woody: Think, think! Ooh!

whistles for Buster

• occurs in both Toy Story 2 and 3.[/spoil]

Might have been said already: but [spoil]In TS3. you see Andy making Buzz and Woody slap hands while playing with them, then Bonnie makes a similar gesture with the two of them at the end.[/spoil]

Andy also did a similar thing in the first movie’s opening - “Yeah, cowboy!”

something i think is the same but not sure is:

in toy story 1, [spoil]woody prevents Sid’s door from closing with his hand[/spoil]

in toy story 3, [spoil]when woody is at sunnyside and escapes (1st time), he prevents the door from closing once again [/spoil]

[spoil]Woody and Buzz’s symbolic handshake from the first movie is almost re-enacted when Woody leaves Sunnyside (except Woody rejects it), and at the end.[/spoil]

Toy Story 1: Woody panics and becomes inanimate when he sees the truck approaching him at the gas station.

Toy Story 3: [spoil]Woody panics and becomes inanimate when he sees the cleaning cart approaching him.[/spoil]

This might be slightly off-topic, but don’t you think the scene when Mr Potato Head is thrown into the sand box by Big Baby (not a spoiler since it was in the trailer), shot in the same manner as the last scene in Saw? I might be wrong, but I always thought it looked identical to that scene; especially with Potato/Adam’s hand sticking out.

At the end of Toy Story 3 [spoil]Bonnie has Buzz and Woody do their “Secret handshake”[/spoil]

Pretty sure this hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Toy Story opens with pulling out to show Andy’s Cloud wallpaper.

Toy Story 3 [spoil]closes with zooming into the sky, where the clouds resemble Andy’s old wallpaper.[/spoil]

[spoil]I thought it was a really nice touch, sort of a sting of nostalgia, and it brings it “full circle” in a way.[/spoil]

EDIT: I noticed that in the Tram Chase scene in TS2, when Woody grabs onto the tag, it is about the same width as the strap on the Moving Truck, and when it speeds up, his legs flail very similarly to how they did when he slipped down the strap before Scud bit him.

I just realized, and this is probably coincidental, but in the first Toy Story Sid’s Mutant Toys Fixed Buzz by putting his arm back on. In TS3,[spoil] Lotso’s Gang “Breaks” Buzz by putting him back into Demo mode.[/spoil]

EDIT: For some reason, it put my spoiler bold instead of Spoiler.

BTW, with my little theory about the mutant toys, I’ve made a new lead; someone on Pixar Wiki mentioned that [spoil]the frog on the garbage truck could represent The Frog.[/spoil] Which means so far there’s;

Big Baby > Babyface
Twitch > Rockmobile
Jack-in-the-box > Hand-hand-in-the-box
and now [spoil]garbage truck frog[/spoil] > The Frog

The whole scene of woody grabbing the tag from standing on bullseye is also similar to [spoil]him boarding the train to save the infants[/spoil]

I notice this in the You got a friend in me remix. In TS1 Woody climbs up on to a rope thing & leaves Buzz behind. TS2 Woody grabs on a suitcase & leaves Buzz behind. In TS1, Woody opens up a box to save Buzz. TS2 Woody opens up a suitcase to save Jessie

In Toy Story 2, Woody asks Jessie, “Wouldn’t you give anything just to have one more day with Emily?” It sort of what Woody does in 3 where: [spoil]Woody writes the note to be donated to Bonnie and they get played by Andy one last time.[/spoil]

Andy’s going to college in his mom’s old blue minivan from the first films. It just dawned on me the connection to that conversation Andy had with his mom at the gas station, and how she’ll let him drive it… when he’s 16 (well, 17 at this point).

I’ve been watching TS3 repeatedly lately, so i’ve been noticing a LOT more. One really obvious (sorry if this was mentioned) Andy puts Woody on his neck as if riding a horse, and does almost the exact same motions as in the home movies at the intro, and of course the original Toy Story.

Aww… I used to know a lot more, but they evade me now. I post when I remember.

EDIT: One just clicked… near the beginning in the Garage, Jessie says “It’s Emily all over again…” a bit of foreshadowing. Emily outgrows Jessie, and she finds a young kid, Andy. Andy “outgrows” Jessie, and Jessie moves on to a young kid, Bonnie.

I noticed another parallel.

Toy Story: Buzz’s First Scene. Buzz talks in his communicator and then points his laser at Woody’s forehead.

Toy Story 3: Spanish Buzz’s First Scene. Same thing as above.

Also, there is always a delusional Buzz in each Toy Story.