Traditional? Digital? ....3D?

i saw it in digital 3D

did they render the movie at IMAX resolution (which is around ten thousand pixels wide)?

i wish they offered it in IMAX. it would blow my mind to see Kevin on an IMAX screen, at that resolution. :smiley:

I finally saw it in 3D last friday. It also featured the 3D Toy Story 3 trailer, and Partly Cloudy was in 3D as well.
Overall, I didn’t notcie the 3D except in wide angle shots, or scenes [spoil]like when Kevin was getting ready to charge Carl,[/spoil] that had a charcter jump at the screen, but that didn’t happen too often. My impression is like that of a BluRay version of any movie- it’s a nice feature, but doesn’t add or take away from anything.

Take it from me. If you plan on seeing it more than once, try not to go for 3d more than one time. It’s worth one viewing in 3d, but not more. I would have done all my viewings in 2d had my theater offered it. I’ve seen it 15 times in 3d, and the 2d looked way better. There’s not really any spots in the movie where they fully utilize it (or even get close, it’s a shame). I don’t understand why Pixar decided to make the 3d effect so weak. :\

The one time I was aware of a real 3D “stunt” effect was [spoil]when they’re being chased by the dog pack, when Kevin is running toward the camera.[/spoil]

I saw Up in 2D first, thought it was awesome, saw it in 3D immediately afterward and learned once and for all that I hate 3D (at least in its current form), because of (for me) the washed out colors and clumsiness of the glasses.

I’ve seen it 4 times in 2D and once in 3D. I get a 3 day weekend next weekend for Independence Day, and am planning to go back for trip #6!

Yeah, I agree. I definitely notice around the [spoil]part where Alpha takes Carl and Russell to Muntz, the cave has some screwy lighting in 3d at that part.[/spoil]

Makes it too dark as well, I wish I didn’t have to leave town to see it in 2d. Glad to see someone besides me and Bryko making consistent trips. :smiley: I’ve got #17 today

There are very few people in the bissines who know how to use stereocopic imageru to add emotions or anything to a movie. They’re kind of desogning the way 3D movie must be shoot, and 3D must be used. James Cameron has a lot of experience in this area.

I think I’m not against stereoscopic imagery. I think it can be easily way to find new ways of film-making. Expect movies with less editing, long shoots that can be boring in 2D. Expect movies dependant of the z-axis to make claustrophobic scenes, and a ton of movies in 16:9.

I think I like the idea of 3D. I won’t like it as long as I have to wear glasses or have 20/20 vision or it takes away some colors or the tickets are more expensive than the ones for 2D versions.

With this said, I’ll go see Up in 2D and wait to the next Cameron flick to see how 3D is supposed to work.

PS: stuff popping out of the screen is something of bad taste to me. I prefer thinking on it as looking throgh a window. Like some kind of worm-hole to another reality.

I saw it in normal (digital?) first then 3D. Wow, 3d sure has come far.